Line Combos: Roster overhaul in order?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It going to be fun to see what will happen in the off season should be interesting to see if don can add any pieces[/QUOTE]

And subtract pieces (Backes).....

I see Don trading something for a first rounder, moving a Krug/McQuaid, moving a Heinen/Bjork, moving a Krejci, and maybe trying to move Rask.

What the bruins need are more aggressive skilled speedy players.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It going to be fun to see what will happen in the off season should be interesting to see if don can add any pieces

and subtract pieces (Backes).....

I see Don trading something for a first rounder, moving a Krug/McQuaid, moving a Heinen/Bjork, moving a Krejci, and maybe trying to move Rask.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Did the Bruins have a top 4 record on the season with serious impact player suffering injury's and suspensions? The team played with 8 f***ing kids! Wow this place lmfao. Lonnie GDZ my brethren at our HLF sim league how do you endure this daily? I would say kill me now but yeah even seems to be in the headlights.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Maybe on his Playstation.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Im easy to convince bring in hanifin... but is carolina easy to convince give him to us? Alot of available dmen are either right shot or franchise guys costing the moon. Its hard for me to find many left hand shot 22 min per game options i think could be moved

My top target is jay bouwmeister... but expensive... and st louis is contending... doubtful hes available. Hjalmasson and methot dont have the 3 zone precense i want. Andy greene scares me hes toast...

Jake muzzin? What would he cost us?

Im with you edler is far from a perfect savior. I just toss him in the mix as the best fit of contract/need/availability/cost

As for sweet talking nash to take a 1 year... you might be right. But im betting he doesnt get more than 3 mill on any deal 2 years and up... so 6 mill for 2 years... maybe 9 for 3

If i offer him 4.5 on a one year and give him the best wingers in nhl... how does he not end up with more money?

My entire premise is built on no one opening the bank for him... so have to wait and see. But im predicting no one will offer him more than 3 years. And likely no one goes over 3 mill

Jay Bouwmeester?

Is this still 2014?

He's your "top target"?

Comical.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
And subtract pieces (Backes).....

Good luck.

1.) Possible
2.) Possible/Possible -- On McQuaid, specifically, there is zero need to, unless he needs that 2.75M in cap space for something
3.) Unlikely/Unlikely
4.) Nope
5.) Nope

They don't grow on trees. You usually draft and develop these types of players.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bruins should look into acquiring R smith B Connolly and C Miller.

Woof. These hindsight posts are disgusting. You can't be serious with this. Now we're doing it with Connolly as well? The useless Brett Connolly who did absolutely jack shit when he was here? (Sorry but two 2nd rounders for a meh-producing 3rd liner sucks). Comical. I touched on Smith and Miller another post of yours where you bitched about every player the Bruins have moved, but you ignored it. Even mentioning Connolly is nothing more than useless hindsighting BS.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Woof. These hindsight posts are disgusting. You can't be serious with this. Now we're doing it with Connolly as well? The useless Brett Connolly who did absolutely jack **** when he was here? (Sorry but two 2nd rounders for a meh-producing 3rd liner sucks). Comical. I touched on Smith and Miller another post of yours where you *****ed about every player the Bruins have moved, but you ignored it. Even mentioning Connolly is nothing more than useless hindsighting BS.

Out of the 3 players I admit I wasn’t high on Smith however I was always a fan of Connolly and Miller. I saw the potential and was upset to
See them go.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Jay Bouwmeester?

Is this still 2014?

He's your "top target"?

Comical.

Definitely stuck there. Bouwmeester hasn't produced a consistent two-way game since then. Also suffered some injuries last season; hip and ankle = 37 games missed. Also averaged the least TOI/GM (20:08) since....It actually was the lowest of his career. If this is the top target, Bruins should just stick with what they have, because he isn't moving the needle much.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Out of the 3 players I admit I wasn’t high on Smith however I was always a fan of Connolly and Miller. I saw the potential and was upset to
See them go.

The only one I wanted to keep of the three is Miller. However, I also understand why the B’s didn’t protect him. It seems unlikely that Miller would have developed this quickly (if at all) in Boston because of the presence of McAvoy and Carlo on the right side.

That doesn’t even factor in the development of Grizz this year. There was no way in hell the B’s would have had Chiller and Grizz on the ice at the same time.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
See them go.

That's great. I was a fan of plenty of players the Bruins moved on from. I don't go back and hindsight them all. It's just lazy. I just don't get the point.

1.) Reilly Smith = Traded in a package for Seguin. This deal was made by the buffoon in Edmonton. So technically, he wasn't a true Sweeney guy. His final season here, he was not good. He was soft, and useless when not scoring. The Bruins decided to move on. The trade was not good. Jimmy Hayes sucked. We get it. They were able to move Savard's contract in the deal as well, but at the end of the day, you will not find anyone who won't say this wasn't a bad trade. That said, why is it ignored how Smith ended up in Vegas? He had a not-so-good season, after signing a big contract worth 5M a year. His extension was going to kick in, so Florida gave him away to Vegas for a 4th round pick. It's easy to hindsight it even more now with Smith going on to have a great season on a team that seems to touch gold everywhere. He's not the only one to go there and find the horseshoe up his ass. Go down the list. Plenty upon plenty of career years there.

2.) Brett Connolly = Traded for, by the buffoon in Edmonton. His production and play was lackluster. Not a Sweeney guy so they moved on. He hasn't done much more in Washington. No idea why he is being mentioned at all. This is a dime-a-dozen kind of player at this point. You can find these guys on July 1 and late into the summer.

3.) Colin Miller = Every team had to lose someone at the expansion draft. Bruins chose to expose him. What Colin is doing in Vegas was not necessarily what he was going to do here. Different role here and different style of play. Still blah mediocre in his own end. I don't get this one either because you needed to lose someone, and the Bruins choice to keep Kevan wasn't bad. He's a good defenseman as well. Points are flashy, and that's why you're bitching about it.

Reactions: BlackCrowes

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Are we targeting 2022 for a return to the thayoffs, if we are going to sell off Krug, Krejci, and especially Task the 2019 is out the window

What is the plan in goal of Task goes? Pay Carter Button a boatload of money and hope he wasn't a system guy. Or maybe Halak or Lehtonen

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The only one I wanted to keep of the three is Miller. However, I also understand why the B’s didn’t protect him. It seems unlikely that Miller would have developed this quickly (if at all) in Boston because of the presence of McAvoy and Carlo on the right side.

That doesn’t even factor in the development of Grizz this year. There was no way in hell the B’s would have had Chiller and Grizz on the ice at the same time.

Agreed. I was very surprised howgoodGryz played.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The guy I want moved is Backes, he has to waive his NMC of course, if he does I think he is not as hard to move as some think, big physical forward who goes to the net, some team(s) will still value that, he can play center or wing I think they could move him, but they have to do it without $$$ retained otherwise not much use to trade him.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Chiller has ideal size and speed for a Dman, but Grizz appears to think the game at an exponentially higher level.

I watched LV a fair amount this year, and while his offensive numbers were great, he was still a damn train wreck in his own end.

Great post. Colin Miller is exactly who we and the Bruins thought he was. An offensively gifted player who makes some questionable decisions especially in the defensive zone. He would have been the Bruins 5th or 6th Dman and possibly blocked the progress of others, such as Gryz. When it comes to expansion drafts, that's the type of player you want to realistically have taken. They we're never going to take a bad contract off our hands without us paying a steep price for it, and the loss of Miller didn't hurt the team that finished 4th OA in the NHL last season.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
That's great. I was a fan of plenty of players the Bruins moved on from. I don't go back and hindsight them all. It's just lazy. I just don't get the point.

1.) Reilly Smith = Traded in a package for Seguin. This deal was made by the buffoon in Edmonton. So technically, he wasn't a true Sweeney guy. His final season here, he was not good. He was soft, and useless when not scoring. The Bruins decided to move on. The trade was not good. Jimmy Hayes sucked. We get it. They were able to move Savard's contract in the deal as well, but at the end of the day, you will not find anyone who won't say this wasn't a bad trade. That said, why is it ignored how Smith ended up in Vegas? He had a not-so-good season, after signing a big contract worth 5M a year. His extension was going to kick in, so Florida gave him away to Vegas for a 4th round pick. It's easy to hindsight it even more now with Smith going on to have a great season on a team that seems to touch gold everywhere. He's not the only one to go there and find the horseshoe up his ass. Go down the list. Plenty upon plenty of career years there.

2.) Brett Connolly = Traded for, by the buffoon in Edmonton. His production and play was lackluster. Not a Sweeney guy so they moved on. He hasn't done much more in Washington. No idea why he is being mentioned at all. This is a dime-a-dozen kind of player at this point. You can find these guys on July 1 and late into the summer.

3.) Colin Miller = Every team had to lose someone at the expansion draft. Bruins chose to expose him. What Colin is doing in Vegas was not necessarily what he was going to do here. Different role here and different style of play. Still blah mediocre in his own end. I don't get this one either because you needed to lose someone, and the Bruins choice to keep Kevan wasn't bad. He's a good defenseman as well. Points are flashy, and that's why you're *****ing about it.
These guys all played under Clode. He had something to do with hindering them. Funny how Morrow was playing in the semi finals with not too much of a problem. Many players that never panned out here is due to Clode.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Chiller has ideal size and speed for a Dman, but Grizz appears to think the game at an exponentially higher level.

I watched LV a fair amount this year, and while his offensive numbers were great, he was still a damn train wreck in his own end.

If you could pair Gryz's brain with Miller's physical abilities, you'd have one heck of a hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad