Roster in 2017/18 - Part II

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I agree about Connor. I thought he was effective in a very tight game.
Yup. CLA played practically their first game together and pretty much dominated the ice. I'd say that Connor is in a very good and safe place right now.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Im gonna go with this as a Jets lineup to start the season, I apologize beforehand if it seems off.

I don't know much about the Jets lineup nor do I ever come into the Jets board to converse with their fans, so feel free to correct/educate me on the Jets lineup, so I can update my lineups I have for Winnipeg.

The Winnipeg Jets 2017-18 Line-Up I currently have.

Line 1 LW Ehlers C Scheifele RW Laine
Line 2 LW Perreault C Little RW Wheeler
Line 3 LW Matthias C Lowry RW Armia
Line 4 LW Petan C Copp RW Dano

1st D-Pair LD Enstrom RD Trouba
2nd D-Pair LD Kulikov RD Byfuglien
3rd D-Pair LD Morrissey RD Myers

Goalie's:
Starter: Mason
Backup: Hellebuyck

Scratched List
C Tanev
LW Hendricks
LD Chiarot
----------------
Manitoba AHL:
G Hutchinson < place on waivers, ~ 1st goalie recalled.
LW Connor ~ 1st forward recalled
LD Melchiori ~ 1st defensemen recalled

I didn't add Kyle Conner into the Jets lineup because I see on cap friendly that Dano and Tanev are on longer waivers exempt. I don't know if Kyle sticks in the Jets lineup unless someone is placed on waivers to make room for Conner.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If Kyle Connor and nick petan (waiver eligible )
Shows that they are far better player than non waiver eligble

You don't send them down because you don't want to lose the worst player.
What does it says to those young kids?

Plus this team is suppose to be on win now mode.

Also those worst player can be picked out as well on waiver wires from the other teams.

These players are fillers.

Kyle Connor and Nick petan can push the top 7 forwArd more to perform better.
Than let say Tanev, Dano, Hendricks

I didn't include copp and Armia as those 2 already fills a role on the team.

Matthias is also probably locked in

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Reasons for putting all 3 top scorers (LSW) on same line are as follows:

-

Bravo!

PoMo has tunnel vision. He thinks top six skewed to the first line. That's why this team has tended to run out of gas in the third period.
Jets have the talent at forward to go top nine. The best players will get the extra time on the PP.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Im gonna go with this as a Jets lineup to start the season, I apologize beforehand if it seems off.

I don't know much about the Jets lineup nor do I ever come into the Jets board to converse with their fans, so feel free to correct/educate me on the Jets lineup, so I can update my lineups I have for Winnipeg.

The Winnipeg Jets 2017-18 Line-Up I currently have.

Line 1 LW Ehlers C Scheifele RW Laine
Line 2 LW Perreault C Little RW Wheeler
Line 3 LW Matthias C Lowry RW Armia
Line 4 LW Petan C Copp RW Dano

1st D-Pair LD Enstrom RD Trouba
2nd D-Pair LD Kulikov RD Byfuglien
3rd D-Pair LD Morrissey RD Myers

Goalie's:
Starter: Mason
Backup: Hellebuyck

Scratched List
C Tanev
LW Hendricks
LD Chiarot
----------------
Manitoba AHL:
G Hutchinson < place on waivers, ~ 1st goalie recalled.
LW Connor ~ 1st forward recalled
LD Melchiori ~ 1st defensemen recalled

I didn't add Kyle Conner into the Jets lineup because I see on cap friendly that Dano and Tanev are on longer waivers exempt. I don't know if Kyle sticks in the Jets lineup unless someone is placed on waivers to make room for Conner.

It's a very reasonable lineup. Welcome aboard. I think there is an open spot for either Connor or Petan, and Connor has the upper hand for alot of reasons. I also think that Tanev in spite of his one way contract may get sent down. I think tonight put JC Lipon ahead of him for sure. Especially in the rough and tumble West. Both have to pass waivers. My last move would be to trade Dano out of TC, for a draft pick, giving Roslovic a roster spot.

My roster:

Laine-Scheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Matthias-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Copp-Roslovic
Hendricks and Lipon are the role playing soldiers

Morrissey-Trouba
Kulikov-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot

Poolman is the first call up on D. Connor and Roslovic get to start against the pros, prove their worth. Can be moved down if needed or can move up too. I like CCR alot more than CPR.

Mason
Hellebuyck

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I really liked Roslovic this preseason. I wouldn't mind him this year but I'd Connor makes it, that's probably all the rookie we will take. Otherwise
Bottom 6
Connor/Roslo/Armia
Matthias/Lowry/Hendricks <- you know he's making the team

Petan for too desperate and didn't look great. Tanev is not NHL caliber.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Laine Schiefele Ehlers
Connor Little Wheeler
Perreault Lowry Armia
Copp Petan Dano

I bet that wins more games than anything Mo comes up with

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Laine Schiefele Ehlers
Connor Little Wheeler
Perreault Lowry Armia
Copp Petan Dano

I bet that wins more games than anything Mo comes up with

Flip Connor to C and Petan to LW and I like it. You could also swap Armia and Dano. Petan, Copp and Armia was very effective for a short stretch.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
No clue why Maurice is so obsessed over top 6/bottom 6 here in 2017. How many playoff teams aren't running a top 9 system? I wouldve be tempted to try out a number of top 9 combinations throughout the preseason. For example:

Petan-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Roslovic-Ehlers

Maybe even try Wheeler at centre? Swap out Petsn and Roslovic for Dano. Ehlers and Perreault on a 3rd Line or Wheeler centring a 3rd line would be insane and we could match up anyone in the league.

and then have Matthias, Copp, Lowry, Armia, Lemiuex and Lipon fight it out for 4th line and PK.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jet's Should Have 3 Scoring Lines !!!

With all the offensive talent the Jets have, it makes little sense to have their 3 best players on the first line. We're not in this for the show here, and player scoring stats, but we're in this to "win" a championship. ( the Cup)

I'd like to see Maurice do a little line shuffling til he gets it right. On every line you should have a good center playmaker, who can also score teamed up with a "sniper" like Laine, Ehlers or Connor.

The Jet's have enough talent to make "3 lines" a very big scoring threat, not to mention the great scoring defenceman they have like Buff, Trouba, Meyers etc.

It's up to Maurice to figure this out, and see which players play well together and compliment each other. I'd like to see this happen. One of the best teams in NHL history-the 85 Oilers, split up Gretzky and Messier, which was a great idea, and still was highly productive. I believe Gretzky played with Kurri, and Messier with Anderson, and these 2 lines scored prolifically.

I've seen posters on here saying that Connor should not make the team and be sent down ??? ( same as they said with Ehlers-year 1) This would be a big mistake, as Connor is a natural scorer.

I hope the Jets will give this 3 Line Concept some serious thought, and implement it. It will produce a more balanced team, with the talent being spread around more evenly, and result in more wins.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I just love coming back here to have some fun:)

I love the way LSW controls the puck(Wheeler is probably the best Winger for doing so, add that to Laine's shot and you will get allot of points), this Line could be dynamite, but I still want to see Ehlers switch with Wheelers at some point because I love his skating ability and dynamic tools.

F:

Laine Scheifele Wheeler - 18/19m : Offensive Juggernaut

Perrault Little Armia - 15-16m : Everything Line(you got scoring, good defence and Armia who was never given a proper opportunity and could shine)

Connor Roslovic/Petan Ehlers - 15/16m : Blink and you will miss it Line

Lemieux Lowry Hendricks/Dano - 7/8m : Pain in the a** Line

D:

Morrissey Trouba - 23/24m : Young Skillful Pairing

Kulikov Byfuglien - 18/19m : Not to sure what to call this Pairing but it looks good

Enstrom Myers - 16-17m : Best 3rd Pairing in the League

G:

Mason: 50g

Hellebuyck: 32g

D1G

Apr 13, 2017
Winnipeg Manitoba
Fixing our goaltending and defensive holes has shifted my focus on the lack of bottom 6 talent we have. Although the hole is easier fixed and not as glaring it's still a real one.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Bravo!

PoMo has tunnel vision. He thinks top six skewed to the first line. That's why this team has tended to run out of gas in the third period.
Jets have the talent at forward to go top nine. The best players will get the extra time on the PP.

I don't have the facts but only eye test.doesn't Scheifele lien produces more in the 3rd period?

I think only buff only run out of gas. Jets defensive play and suspected goaltending, and bad pk (all related) were the team's downfall.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I just love coming back here to have some fun:)

I love the way LSW controls the puck(Wheeler is probably the best Winger for doing so, add that to Laine's shot and you will get allot of points), this Line could be dynamite, but I still want to see Ehlers switch with Wheelers at some point because I love his skating ability and dynamic tools.

F:

Laine Scheifele Wheeler - 18/19m : Offensive Juggernaut

Perrault Little Armia - 15-16m : Everything Line(you got scoring, good defence and Armia who was never given a proper opportunity and could shine)

Connor Roslovic/Petan Ehlers - 15/16m : Blink and you will miss it Line

Lemieux Lowry Hendricks/Dano - 7/8m : Pain in the a** Line

D:

Morrissey Trouba - 23/24m : Young Skillful Pairing

Kulikov Byfuglien - 18/19m : Not to sure what to call this Pairing but it looks good

Enstrom Myers - 16-17m : Best 3rd Pairing in the League

G:

Mason: 50g

Hellebuyck: 32g

That's really interesting, while unlikely for the time being. I think the middle six could be more balanced though and might prefer something along the lines of

Connor Little Armia
Perreault Copp Ehlers

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Fixing our goaltending and defensive holes has shifted my focus on the lack of bottom 6 talent we have. Although the hole is easier fixed and not as glaring it's still a real one.

The Jets were one of the best scoring teams in spite of having poor PP production. Bottom is six is better without Stafford, Burmi, Thorburn.

The problem is still defensive coverage (giving up back door goals and rebounds is defensive weakness). Goaltending (coaching?). I think Buff still makes too many mistakes and Enstrom is still soft. Don't expect our defense to improve alot, scoring will increase just based on the talent coming in vs. the talent lost.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
[mod] lowry is a very good player---he did 15+14 last year just checked with limited trust in offensiveness

lowry is big and strong. he is at last third line could be higher i see him as btter lot better and valuable than say Little. he also has big skill i would say.

dont expext some kind of jesus from conor. he can wait and develope down under. laine should play much. no good idea of 3 line ofefnsiveness in Winnipeg and that way to make laine unhappy with missed personal Points. play laine as much as possible, maybe double lines even sometimes. Always him at PP full time. not my idea just normality in at makin the right things TEAM!

avgard / professor of hockey

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
[mod] lowry is a very good player---he did 15+14 last year just checked with limited trust in offensiveness

lowry is big and strong. he is at last third line could be higher i see him as btter lot better and valuable than say Little. he also has big skill i would say.

dont expext some kind of jesus from conor. he can wait and develope down under. laine should play much. no good idea of 3 line ofefnsiveness in Winnipeg and that way to make laine unhappy with missed personal Points. play laine as much as possible, maybe double lines even sometimes. Always him at PP full time. not my idea just normality in at makin the right things TEAM!

avgard / professor of hockey

Hi professor Avgard
Hope you are having a great evening.
I'm sensing every single player is better than Little.
I'm fascinated in how you draw these marvellous conclusions.
Would you like to share with the rest of the class ?

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Lowry is better than Little? Well, that automatically makes Lowry way better than Armia.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
maybe maybe this was Little overhurried to say but i would rather see Winnipeg get rid of Little. i see no help of him for team...unnecessary player....put Money on something else i see here. lowry is what they say Little is...can do many jobs.

as you knowthings can be like this in team. the opposite. last year showd something wrong here. wrong players play in supermandress related. take bufyglien . too much trust. plays the keerole in PP for instans.

this team is like a Disney team. have been. and see it happen in near future too as this coach is going the same?. lets see what happens. they can have lucky Bounces but i dont like hearing then by the media...they play great etc. this is how its going when Points come in. if not..they may from coach and media Point on the wrong keys..why it+s happening...

some ten Days to go! soon enough ill put the promised " laine/mcdavids, who will first score over 100 Points in single season thread!". there you can go!

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
I still can't believe, that so many people still believe that armia is a good player. This guy should be waived soon 2 years has done nothing.

Laine schief wheeler
Matty p little ehlers
Connor petan Matthias
Dano Lowry armia

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
important notificiation :

i feel great sorry and frustration and whatever that many boarders that seem? to whatch the games ( i tell you i dont Watch so much and i dont able to see good stream either ) dont understand that players who play at third line caannot put up good amount of Points to the board bea cause of the natural fact that they dont play much in the game and no PP time etc.

and the other thing then that some bad players are been favoured often by the coach to play top six and naturally get easy Points to board.

You dont understand that getting somewhat many Points Dont mean youre good at hockey, or good for the team etc.

You dont value player in third line, you just want top six players then someone has to play third line and then you go trade trade trade. Armia is a great player, who could do 100 Points in right line with much trust. i feel shame for some dudes :shakehead

i see , i feel, i know , i can , i am avgard / The professor at hockey

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
delete. have to review my thought process after reading the waiver wire moments ago.

http://illegalcurve.com/2017/09/24/...ining-players-at-winnipeg-jets-training-camp/

http://illegalcurve.com/2017/09/24/a...training-camp/

31 Remaining Players:

Goalies: Mason, Hellebuyck & Comrie (3)

Defencemen: Trouba, Morrissey, Byfuglien, Enstrom, Myers, Kulikov, Chiarot, Poolman & Kostalek* (9)

Forwards: Wheeler, Scheifele, Little, Perreault, Ehlers, Laine, Armia, Matthias, Lowry, Copp, Dano, Petan, Hendricks, Tanev, Connor, Roslovic, Spacek, Lemieux, Lipon (19)

*Kostalek injured

Last edited:

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Flip Connor to C and Petan to LW and I like it. You could also swap Armia and Dano. Petan, Copp and Armia was very effective for a short stretch.

Connor for 4C and Petan for 2LW? Connor has played C but I would not at all say he is a natural C and hasn't played there for several years. Not his best position as I see it and Petan is not ready ( if he ever will be ) for the C spot in the NHL.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Connor for 4C and Petan for 2LW? Connor has played C but I would not at all say he is a natural C and hasn't played there for several years. Not his best position as I see it and Petan is not ready ( if he ever will be ) for the C spot in the NHL.

Sorry, I meant flip Copp to C, not Connor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad