Roster in 2017/18 - Part II

Whileee

May 29, 2010
delete. have to review my thought process after reading the waiver wire moments ago.

http://illegalcurve.com/2017/09/24/...ining-players-at-winnipeg-jets-training-camp/

http://illegalcurve.com/2017/09/24/a...training-camp/

31 Remaining Players:

Goalies: Mason, Hellebuyck & Comrie (3)

Defencemen: Trouba, Morrissey, Byfuglien, Enstrom, Myers, Kulikov, Chiarot, Poolman & Kostalek* (9)

Forwards: Wheeler, Scheifele, Little, Perreault, Ehlers, Laine, Armia, Matthias, Lowry, Copp, Dano, Petan, Hendricks, Tanev, Connor, Roslovic, Spacek, Lemieux, Lipon (19)

*Kostalek injured

So, they need to send down 5 forwards, 1 D and 1 G.

Forwards... Lipon, Lemieux, Spacek, Roslovic, Tanev.

Defense... Poolman

Goalie... Comrie

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
So, they need to send down 5 forwards, 1 D and 1 G.

Forwards... Lipon, Lemieux, Spacek, Roslovic, Tanev.

Defense... Poolman

Goalie... Comrie

Cuts......

-Comrie (G)

-Poolman (D)...Keeping The POOLMAN with the N.H.L. team practcing until until Oct. 3rd. 1 st Call up when 1 of our D-men get a bump or a bruise.

-Lemieux, Spacek, Rozlo, Tanev, Petan (F)

..... Tanev is the only remaining cut that requires waivers

FINAL 23 MAN ROSTER...

Helly/Mason (2)

Morrissey/Trouba
Kulikov/Buff
Enstrom/Myers
Chariot (7)

Laine/Schief/ Wheeler
Perrault/Little/Ehlers
Connor/Lowry/ Armia
Mathais/Copp/Lipon

Dano/Henricks (14)

23 man Roster.....

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
important notificiation :

i feel great sorry and frustration and whatever that many boarders that seem? to whatch the games ( i tell you i dont Watch so much and i dont able to see good stream either ) dont understand that players who play at third line caannot put up good amount of Points to the board bea cause of the natural fact that they dont play much in the game and no PP time etc.

and the other thing then that some bad players are been favoured often by the coach to play top six and naturally get easy Points to board.

You dont understand that getting somewhat many Points Dont mean youre good at hockey, or good for the team etc.

You dont value player in third line, you just want top six players then someone has to play third line and then you go trade trade trade. Armia is a great player, who could do 100 Points in right line with much trust. i feel shame for some dudes :shakehead

i see , i feel, i know , i can , i am avgard / The professor at hockey
What ? I like Armia but he wouldn't get 100 points if he played with Crosby and Mcdavid . :laugh:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Cuts......

-Comrie (G)

-Poolman (D)...Keeping The POOLMAN with the N.H.L. team practcing until until Oct. 3rd. 1 st Call up when 1 of our D-men get a bump or a bruise.

FINAL 23 MAN ROSTER...

Helly/Mason (2)

Morrissey/Trouba
Kulikov/Buff
Enstrom/Myers
Chariot (7)

Laine/Schief/ Wheeler
Perrault/Little/Ehlers
Connor/Lowry/ Armia
Mathais/Copp/Lipon

Dano/Henricks (14)

23 man Roster.....

That's a good call Youngblood. Players can be moved around to give different looks. Dano can replace Matthias or Lipon for scoring. Injuries will bring up Petan, Roslovic.

I'd like to see Petan-Roslovic-Spacek start on the Moose, give fans their money's worth. That should be a point per game scoring line at the AHL level easily. With Lemieux and Poolman on the PP.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Cuts......

-Comrie (G)

FINAL 23 MAN ROSTER...

Helly/Mason (2)

Morrissey/Trouba
Kulikov/Buff
Enstrom/Myers
Chariot (7)

Laine/Schief/ Wheeler
Perrault/Little/Ehlers
Connor/Lowry/ Armia
Mathais/Copp/Lipon

Dano/Henricks (14)

23 man Roster.....

Lipon makes the team based on a couple of good periods?

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I like Lipon and am not a fan of Tanev but the fancier stats of the Edmonton game especially vs McDavid sez that Tanev stays and Lipon goes back down. Lipon needs to keep proving himself in this next week.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Thought experiment: What if the team locked in center/winger duos for the top-9 and rotated the 3rd player as needed? I imagine the duos could look like:

Scheifele/Laine
Little/Ehlers
Petan/Wheeler

Insert Perreault, Connor, and one of Armia/Dano/Roslovic/Copp wherever you see fit to balance.

Example:

Connor-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Little-Armia
Perreault-Petan-Wheeler

...or

Perreault-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Ehlers
A/D/R/C-Petan-Wheeler

Essentially, strap a vet to a highly skilled (possibly defensively lacking) youngster, and mix in other pieces as needed. Order of 3 lines means little; minutes allocated as earned.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Little Ehlers
Perrault Copp Petan
Matthias Lowry Armia

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
After this preseason I'd probably go with...

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Petan - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Lipon/Dano
Matthias

Morrissey - Trouba
Enstrom - Buff
Kulikov - Myers

Mason
Helly

I'd like to see Roslo where Petan is but that won't happen without an injury.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Id like to see a Speed Line.

Laine ^ Scheifele ^ Wheeler - 33%
Perrault ^ Little ^ Armia(/Copp) - 27%
Connor ^ Petan(/Roslovic) ^ Ehlers - 27%
Hendricks ^ Lowry ^ Copp(/Armia) - 15%

Mathias - Dano - Lemieux

Morrissey ^ Trouba - 42%
Enstrom ^ Byfuglien - - 30%
Kulikov ^ Myers - 28%

Nogier - Niku(AHL) - Poolman(AHL)

Mason - 55%(G's)
Hellebuyck - 45%(G's)​

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Thought experiment: What if the team locked in center/winger duos for the top-9 and rotated the 3rd player as needed? I imagine the duos could look like:

Scheifele/Laine
Little/Ehlers
Petan/Wheeler

Insert Perreault, Connor, and one of Armia/Dano/Roslovic/Copp wherever you see fit to balance.

Example:

Connor-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Little-Armia
Perreault-Petan-Wheeler

...or

Perreault-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Ehlers
A/D/R/C-Petan-Wheeler

Essentially, strap a vet to a highly skilled (possibly defensively lacking) youngster, and mix in other pieces as needed. Order of 3 lines means little; minutes allocated as earned.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of winger duo's.

Ehlers - Laine
Connor/Perreault - Wheeler
Perreault/Connor/Copp - Dano/Armia

Centers can roam amongst them between Scheif, Little and Petan.

4th line is always Lowrys though and makes up whomever isn't on the 3rd for wingers.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
If I were coach:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Matty P-Little-Wheeler
Connor-Petan-Dano
Lowry-Copp-Armia
Hendricks

Trouba-Enstrom
Morrissey-Buff
Poolman-Myers
Kulikov

Mason
Helle

PP1:

Petan-Scheifele-Wheeler

Laine-Buff

PP2:

Connor-Little-Ehlers

Petan-Enstrom

On paper, this is a roster that should contend for top spot in the western conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetsfareast

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Connor Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Perrault Petan Armia
Copp Lowry Dano
Matthias Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Kulikov Buff
Enstrom Myers
Chiarot (if there is an injury, Poolman gets called up to fill in regardless whether left or right side)

Mason
Helle

Reactions: jungles

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If I were coach:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Matty P-Little-Wheeler
Connor-Petan-Dano
Lowry-Copp-Armia
Hendricks

Trouba-Enstrom
Morrissey-Buff
Poolman-Myers
Kulikov

Mason
Helle

PP1:

Petan-Scheifele-Wheeler

Laine-Buff

PP2:

Connor-Little-Ehlers

Petan-Enstrom

On paper, this is a roster that should contend for top spot in the western conference.

This is a good line up

For me just flip copp and lowry :)

and i don't think Kulikov will sit after signing him unless he craps the bed for 10 straight games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Given what Maurice has said that he wants out of his bottom 6 this is my compromise lineup:

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Perrault Little Wheeler
Copp Petan Dano
Mathias Lowry Armia

JoMo Trouba
Kulikov Buff
Toby Myers

Mason
Helle

This gives us a balanced forward core 1-12. Copp adds defense to the third line but is talented enough to contribute offensively.

There are 4 PK forward options in the bottom 6 which is what Moe wanted.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have a hunch that Petan is the odd man out. I don't think Maurice sees him as playing a significant offensive role or on the PK. Also, he'll want him to keep getting heavy minutes in the AHL rather than a bit role. I don't like it because I think Petan really showed a lot, but I think that's how it shakes out.

Dano made a strong statement, which was a problem for Petan, but hopefully influences the roster decisions. I think Tanev and Hendricks play off and on roles, in and out of the press box. Matthias is a question mark. He's been fine, but hasn't made a strong statement in pre-season. I think Copp has been consistently strong regardless of position or linemates. He's a roster lock. Connor might be in trouble, but he shouldn't be. My guess is that he was pencilled into the lineup some time ago.

The bottom six is a guessing game. I think Lowry and Armia will anchor one line, and Copp the other. Connor makes it four. That leaves two spots for Matthias, Dano, Hendricks and Tanev.

For opening night, my guess is that we'll see Hendricks and either Dano or Matthias. I'm going to guess Dano because of a couple of really strong games. That could change in the final preseason game.

Connor-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Hendricks-Dano

Another line-up possibility...

Matthias-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Copp-Dano

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I just listened to Maurice talking about his PK guys from last game. What do you guys think the ideal pk lineup would be?

Lowry - Armia - Kulikov - Trouba
Mathias - Copp - Morissey - Myers
Wheeler - Little / Whoever makes it on the 4th line?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just listened to Maurice talking about his PK guys from last game. What do you guys think the ideal pk lineup would be?

Lowry - Armia - Kulikov - Trouba
Mathias - Copp - Morissey - Myers
Wheeler - Little / Whoever makes it on the 4th line?

Switch Little with Scheifele and I thonk you have the combos dead on.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Given what Maurice has said that he wants out of his bottom 6 this is my compromise lineup:

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Perrault Little Wheeler
Copp Petan Dano
Mathias Lowry Armia

JoMo Trouba
Kulikov Buff
Toby Myers

Mason
Helle

This gives us a balanced forward core 1-12. Copp adds defense to the third line but is talented enough to contribute offensively.

There are 4 PK forward options in the bottom 6 which is what Moe wanted.

If you're trying to put a realistic line up together, Petan will never be 3rd line centre.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have a hunch that Petan is the odd man out. I don't think Maurice sees him as playing a significant offensive role or on the PK. Also, he'll want him to keep getting heavy minutes in the AHL rather than a bit role. I don't like it because I think Petan really showed a lot, but I think that's how it shakes out.

Dano made a strong statement, which was a problem for Petan, but hopefully influences the roster decisions. I think Tanev and Hendricks play off and on roles, in and out of the press box. Matthias is a question mark. He's been fine, but hasn't made a strong statement in pre-season. I think Copp has been consistently strong regardless of position or linemates. He's a roster lock. Connor might be in trouble, but he shouldn't be. My guess is that he was pencilled into the lineup some time ago.

The bottom six is a guessing game. I think Lowry and Armia will anchor one line, and Copp the other. Connor makes it four. That leaves two spots for Matthias, Dano, Hendricks and Tanev.

For opening night, my guess is that we'll see Hendricks and either Dano or Matthias. I'm going to guess Dano because of a couple of really strong games. That could change in the final preseason game.

Connor-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Hendricks-Dano

Another line-up possibility...

Matthias-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Copp-Dano

Trying to guess what PMo will do now is just frustrating and depends on my mood. :laugh:
Didn't listen to PMo's post game but what I'm reading about it here has me .... 'concerned'.

Both Hendricks and Tanev have shown better than I expected them to, especially Tanev. That said we have 14 F's clearly better than either of them. That is without counting Moose, like Roslovic. If there are no injuries both should be waived. Neither will be claimed. That is even allowing for PMo.

Bubble players:
Connor - hasn't forced his way into the lineup. Has looked good in flashes. Has looked like he is trying to round out his game and is doing well at that. I'm satisfied that he is ready but I don't think he is a lock.
Petan - If he hasn't won a spot with this TC performance, well ..... :shakehead He is playing both wing and C. He is playing well with and without the puck in all zones. He has just been getting better with each game.
Dano - has had some good shifts but also has not forced his way into the lineup. We may end up with a rotation through the PB. Dano may be part of that.
Lipon - I think has had more good play than Dano has but it is close. Both require waivers. They may share a 4th line spot and rotate in and out of the PB. Never in the lineup at the same time - when we are healthy. Both Lipon and Dano need waivers.

Then there is Matthias. Maybe he should be listed with the bubble players. If we are healthy he may spend a lot of time in the PB rotation too.

My current preferred lineup:
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Petan - Armia/Dano
Copp - Lowry - Lipon/Dano/Armia/Matthias
2 of Lipon/Dano/Matthias in the PB

Morrissey - Trouba
Enstrom/Kulikov - Buff
Kulikov/Enstrom - Myers
Chiarot
Poolman called up at first injury to play ahead of Chiarot.

I'll try guessing what Maurice will do:
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Petan - Lowry - Armia
Matthias - Copp - Hendricks
Lipon/Dano
Connor might be where I have Petan. 1 of them will be sent down.

Morrissey - Trouba
Enstrom/Kulikov - Buff
Kulikov/Enstrom - Myers
Chiarot

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'll try guessing what Maurice will do:
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Petan - Lowry - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Hendricks/Matthias
Lipon/Dano
Connor might be where I have Petan. 1 of them will be sent down.

Morrissey - Trouba
Enstrom/Kulikov - Buff
Kulikov/Enstrom - Myers
Chiarot

Dress 7 D and have Lowry on 3rd and 4th lines. I can see it :biglaugh::shakehead

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Dress 7 D and have Lowry on 3rd and 4th lines. I can see it :biglaugh::shakehead

Hey, this is what I think Paul wants. So I cloned him. :laugh: :facepalm:
Edited, put Copp at 4C.

No 7 D. Chiarot is in the PB. Poolman is called up when there is an injury and he plays while Chiarot stays in the PB. Chiapet doesn't draw in unless there is a 2nd D injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->