Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVIII - Dust in the wind…

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They want a #1 round pick plus a roster player.
I'm sure that's what they want but we have other assets just as valuable. Nils being one.

Texier has a lot of Kravtsov to his game, or is it the other way around? Great skater and phenomenal hands/vision. If Kravtsov is 'on the outs' there could be some re-shuffling. Nils for Texier... Kravtsov for whatever the best value is

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
They want a #1 round pick plus a roster player.

For Texier? Deal. Wonder if you could get them to take 2 former first round picks. 2 of Chytil/Krav/Lundqvist? I would do 2 of them and a pick to keep our first rounder.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
There really isn’t. @KreiderBomb and I talked about this last night.

Varlamov
Holtby
Greiss

There can be an argument made against any of them that Georgiev, given his age, is a better option. Those 3 are not the same goaltenders they were 2-3 years ago
I think any of those three are preferable for Edmonton. I don’t think they’ve got any appetite for risk. And Georgiev, while his upside is better, is risky. He has been kind of a pill in New York as the backup. Imagine if things don’t go well for him right off the bat in Edmonton. He’d be the starter and under a ton of scrutiny. For everyone’s wellbeing I’d think somewhere like Arizona is best for AG. Less pressure, plenty of ice time.

Reactions: leetch99

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Russ Cohen on NHL radio saying only untouchables are Laf, Schneider, Othmann.
Also says he thinks they will trade Kravtsov (chiarot/Hertl).
Also the obvious possibility of Nils being traded.
Also mentions Jones.

Was this aired before or after Russia attacked the Ukraine?

I would assume that at some point in the near future all travel to and from Russia will be cancelled. It already is suspended from Western Russia and the Ukraine. If the situation escalates and it likely will, what GM is going to trade for a player who is still over there if they can't get him over here?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I'm sure that's what they want but we have other assets just as valuable. Nils being one.

Texier has a lot of Kravtsov to his game, or is it the other way around? Great skater and phenomenal hands/vision. If Kravtsov is 'on the outs' there could be some re-shuffling. Nils for Texier... Kravtsov for whatever the best value is

The Rangers are trading their best asset in Lundkvist for a middle six winger.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The Rangers are trading their best asset in Lundkvist for a middle six winger.
Our best assets are on the big club already and I'd argue Othmann has passed him.

Nils is not going to get what you think he'll get. Turcotte. Texier.. I'd rather get someone with some development. Texier is a top6 talent with Kravtsov potential but mo' better

and to answer your question... yes, I'd trade Nils for Texier in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedblue94

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
depends who you ask.

but I'd argue he's much further along and more probable of becoming a NHL top6 player. His toolbox is actually better than Kravtsovs.

I'd say Texier's playing style fits the teams needs more than Kravtsov. He has a high motor from past viewings. Perhaps Columbus is more intrigued with the higher skill guy based on the way their team is built currently.

Reactions: leetch99

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I said this before, but I would be flabbergasted if JD had any interest in bringing VK back into his world.

He doesn't seem like a guy Yarmo would be keen on either. Don't see a match there.

Reactions: bleedblue94

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Was this aired before or after Russia attacked the Ukraine?

I would assume that at some point in the near future all travel to and from Russia will be cancelled. It already is suspended from Western Russia and the Ukraine. If the situation escalates and it likely will, what GM is going to trade for a player who is still over there if they can't get him over here?
It was a live interview around 2pm today. Good point tho. I have no idea how all that stuff works but you would think for a professional athlete it might be different? Just a wild guess tho.

Reactions: Lion Hound

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I said this before, but I would be flabbergasted if JD had any interest in bringing VK back into his world.

He doesn't seem like a guy Yarmo would be keen on either. Don't see a match there.
VK would be illogical for them. Might as well just keep texier

it’d be Nils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad