Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVIII - Dust in the wind…

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
doubt vgk gives up a roster player. Maybe g for dorofeyev? Seems to be having a great first season in the ahl. Also helps nyr since they have a lack of center prospects
Sadly I guess G would be too pricey for Vegas. I would be thrilled if the rangers could move G. But if Vegas get rid of a player to free up salary, they’ll probably want a pick or prospect.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Trade for Scheifele. Trade for Lekhonen (as long as the price isnt insane) Othmann added for the playoffs.

Kreider-Zib-Laf
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Othmann-Scheifele-Lekhonen
Goodrow-Rooney-Hunt/Blais
Reavo

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Scheifle as 3rd line center? lmfao ... it's either Scheifle or Strome.

Also no regards for the cap whatsoever.

Also Blais is a 3rd line player and out for the season.

Reactions: Anthony5967

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Trade for Scheifele. Trade for Lekhonen (as long as the price isnt insane) Othmann added for the playoffs.

Kreider-Zib-Laf
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Othmann-Scheifele-Lekhonen
Goodrow-Rooney-Hunt/Blais
Reavo

Is it wierd that i dont really want scheifele? Hes amazing on offense but defensively is just not good... never has been. I think lekhonen is a great piece though. We need a finisher on that third though.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
For this off-season:

Alt 1.

*Let Strome walk.

*Move Laf to center.

*Of course try to improve 3c, getting someone with more speed there, but its probably hard to get something done.

*Secure that this team will be competitive for the coming decade plus by resigning the kids to good contracts while we have room under the cap.

Kreider-Ziba-Kakko
Panarin-Laf-Goodrow
Blais-Chytil-Hunt
Reeves-Rooney-Gauthier
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Schneider

Alt 2.

Do the above, but add a cheap underperforming center to play with Panarin. Alex Nylander for example.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Scheifele isn’t a bad move. However, the only thing that worries me about him is he’s never gone deep into the playoffs, right? He’s been on some very good teams, too.
yes because he's only offense

In what universe is that what we need with Mika and Strome

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You’re not keeping Strome too lmao
It's not different than where we are now. Better offensively but not diverse enough to win imo.

including all the assets to give up

and do we really think Drury will drop Strome just to give up assets for Scheifele? I just don't see it happening. If a scenario like this does play out, it will be with a different center, stylistically speaking.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Malkin was never a standout defender behind Crosby as a 2C. That’s where a defensive minded, shutdown third line comes into play.
That's the point. We're giving up a bunch of assets to be exactly where we are now. It's bad asset management. IT's making a trade to make a trade.

Larkin and Gourde would be a different story IMO. These guys add something that the team doesn't have.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
That's the point. We're giving up a bunch of assets to be exactly where we are now. It's bad asset management. IT's making a trade to make a trade.

Larkin and Gourde would be a different story IMO. These guys add something that the team doesn't have.
Gourde for $5.5M, right? The only thing is he now becomes your 2C.

Reactions: Pidto Files

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Normally, the Y axis limits at 3 suffice for 99.999% of the players.

For Scheifele we have to put it to 5 to see how bad he is.

Smka3rB.png

IT's a 4 year trend and it's getting worse every year.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Normally, the Y axis limits at 3 suffice for 99.999% of the players.

For Scheifele we have to put it to 5 to see how bad he is.

Smka3rB.png

IT's a 4 year trend and it's getting worse every year.
Does this take into account how bad this team actually is on the backend, though? Pionk is good, but he’s not a team’s #1. Hellebuyck isn’t even having a crazy year.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Is Winnipeg going to retain?

We can't even afford ( or just barely ) Strome at $5M.
They can afford $5-6M fine, but it’s the right guy they choose to invest it in that matters. You would rather Strome, a guy I really like, over a dynamic player like Scheifele? You can dump Nemeth, Georgiev, and you’re at like $4.8M dealt at that point.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
If I’m Drury, I’m looking to add before the deadline. The writing for the transition into a competitor has been on the wall since Gorts and JD got the boot last year…we might as well embrace it. And If they really want to take that next step into the upper echelon of the league, they need real playoff experience. Not coasting into the playoffs and getting bounced in 4-5 games in the first round. Contrary to what the schedule says, playoff hockey starts soon for the teams that hope to be involved. Shore up the roster, turn your pace up, make a run at the division, and make yourself known in the playoffs.

That said, I don’t think it makes much sense to put all your eggs in this year’s basket. We can make a few moves to improve our roster in the short term without sacrificing assets we view as long term pieces of the puzzle. The only way I’d move any of the top 5-6 prospects is if we’re adding a piece that fits almost the entire 3-5 year window we have opening. And I’m not sure there’s anyone truly available like that right now.

Reactions: ETTER DE

nyaz11

Jun 15, 2021
The move is Mark Scheifele in the offseason. He is one of 19 PPG players over the last 4 seasons. The comparisons to Ryan Strome and Yanni Gourde are beyond insanity. You would literally have two number one lines - and both Kakko and Laf playing with elite players. His contract is perfect for the 2 year window the Rangers are entering cap wise. He is the ideal answer.

You build lines 3/4 specifically around defense/energy/grit to diversify the team. (Goodrow/Lehkonen or Jarnkrok/Blais/Barron/ etc)

An elite offensive PPG center is not the player to whine about defensively. And he has 31 points in 33 career playoff games - his numbers do not dip - so that narrative can be put to bed quickly.

Lundkvist or Miller, Chytil, a 1st --- mid level prospect or more picks to close the gap -- it is not a deal that will come cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad