Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Curious to see what transpires with Blais. Being an RFA, what are the Rangers going to do? Coming off a major season ending injury. What will his next contract look like? I know he accompanied the team on a road trip recently. Other then that there isn’t much news on him at all.

Reactions: egelband

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
Motte might be down not for the year but career ending.. neck injuries are no joke..

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Curious to see what transpires with Blais. Being an RFA, what are the Rangers going to do? Coming off a major season ending injury. What will his next contract look like? I know he accompanied the team on a road trip recently. Other then that there isn’t much news on him at all.
with a torn ACL there probably won't be much news at this point. He's only 4 months post surgery.

Reactions: Lion Hound

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I expect he signs for ~2x$1.7-2M
Some folks may try to argue he's redundant, but next season it'll be other guys who will miss chunks of season

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I expect he signs for ~2x$1.7-2M
Some folks may try to argue he's redundant, but next season it'll be other guys who will miss chunks of season
I think that if he gets a raise, the team will want term. And based on the fact that he’s going to be coming back from major knee surgery, he may prefer some term. My guess is that next year Blais starts slow and then turns a corner around middle of the year.

I’d offer him:
2 years at $1.6m
3 years at $1.85m

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
@Richard Banger
Wait what? Who the f*** said Mika came into camp out of shape?

I mean, no one said he was out of shape, but did you watch him the first 10 or 15 games this year and the first half of last year? Last year was long haul COVID, so I give him a pass for that. This year though? Night and day difference from the end of November onwards.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Listening to Jeff Marek’s show. It’s clear the Rangers are ‘hot goaliez’. According to the rest of the league. That’s good news. Think that.

The funny thing about that is that Shesterkin has been fairly pedestrian the last month or so. Good thing, though, if the goalie is already in their head(s).

Reactions: egelband

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Zibanejad is always a slow starter. In 19-20. Zibanejad would have scored 50 goals if the season wasn't stopped because of Covid. He had 4 goals in October and he got injured in November. He had 6 goals entering December. Mika gets better as the season progresses. The numbers don't lie.
And once the stats get wiped clean in the playoffs I think he puts up huge numbers instead of overpassing to Kreider.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Listening to Jeff Marek’s show. It’s clear the Rangers are ‘hot goaliez’. According to the rest of the league. That’s good news. Think that.

Since the deadline we’ve been averaging nearly 3.5 goals per game so this is just patently false.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This is no where near the same team post-deadline

It's real easy to watch this team pre-deadline, see the additions, and still think we suck 5v5 IF you actually haven't watched us play. We're night and day different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I think we're just a cut below the top contenders of the league (CGY, COL, CAR, FLA, TOR), but we could definitely catch fire and make a deep run. We have a presumptive Vezina finalist, an elite PP, top-10 PK, and very good post-TDL possession numbers. We're going to be a tough out for anyone.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Fat lazy out of shape and undedicated Zibanejad and quadriplegic Motte. You guys are off to a great start to this thread lmao
Now we just need to add in Fox played too much golf and wasn't doing 2-a-days in the gym and we have the cliff notes foe the last 100 pages.

Reactions: Miamipuck

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
This has been my stance all year. I want the league to underestimate the Rangers, its a competitive advantage
Also easier for a younger team to not have the pressure of expectations. Just watching Toronto crumble over and over again or the huge hurdle Washington needed to overcome mentally.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That's what the eye test always is. Regurgitating something you heard.

25mjsw.gif

Reactions: pld459666
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad