Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why hasn't McKegg been waived yet? There are literally dozens of players in the AHL who have the same skillset.
Still filling in for Rooney (and Strome and Kakko). Coach trusts him. Nothing we can do about it. Just have to wait until the team is healthy.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Is this starting to show?

DEACD527-DD00-4B66-911A-CA4191BDEF12.jpeg

Reactions: TheDirtyH

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hunt is a like a cockroach. You can't get rid of him. The Rangers make all of these moves and he still playing in the top 6. Hunt isn't a bad player for his cap number. He should on the 4th line. He should in consideration for a spot on the fourth line next season.

Last night, Gallant moved Chytil on the right side with Panarin-Copp for a few shifts because there is not enough offense coming from Hunt. Gallant put Goodrow in the middle with Lafreniere on the left. Nothing worked last night.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Hunt is a like a cockroach. You can't get rid of him. The Rangers make all of these moves and he still playing in the top 6. Hunt isn't a bad player for his cap number. He should on the 4th line. He should in consideration for a spot on the fourth line next season.

Last night, Gallant moved Chytil on the right side with Panarin-Copp for a few shifts because there is not enough offense coming from Hunt. Gallant put Goodrow in the middle with Lafreniere on the left. Nothing worked last night.
Isles play playoff hockey 82 games a year.....are we capable of playing and paying the price ? Other than Lindgren and Goodrow....not much pushback.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If you want to suffer an aneurism, listen to Vince Mercogliano's podcast where he discusses the salary cap. The Rangers trading Nemeth's contract and replacing him with a player making $925,000 doesn't help the Rangers cap because they only save $1.575M.

How does this not help?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
2022/2023 NYR
Kreider - Zib - LAF
Bread - Copp (UFA resigned) - Kakko (RFA - resigned)
Kravtsov (or replacement via trade/Vilardi?) - Chytil (eventually traded) or Replacement - Blais (RFA - resigned)
Brodzinski/Hunt - Goodrow - Motte (UFA resigned)
Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
One of Jones/Lundqvist - Schneider
X4 ?? Vet maybe

Czar
Martin Jones

Trade capital for acquiring a young cost controlled Center
Chytil (maybe)
One of Nils or Jones
Draft pick (s)

Traded for scraps or let go
Strome
Nemeth
Gauthier
Hajek
Georgiev
Gettinger

HARTFORD 2022/2023
Othmann - Greco - Cuylle
Trevigno - Meyers - Merkley
Berard - Rydahl - Pajuniemi
Reuschoff - Edström - Khodorenko
Goon AHLer

Loaned: Henriksson; Rempe

One of Jones/Lundkvist - vet AHLer
Robertson - Skinner
Scanlin - Tinordi
Goon AHLer

Garand
Huuska

Last edited:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
2022/2023 NYR
Kreider - Zib - LAF
Kravtsov 8or replacement) - Chytil (eventually traded) or Replacement - Blais (RFA - resigned)
Brodzinski/Hunt- Goodrow - Motte (UFA resigned)
Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
X4 ?? Vet maybe

Czar
Martin Jones

Chytil (maybe)
One of Nils or Jones
Draft pick (s)

Nemeth
Gauthier
Hajek
Georgiev
Gettinger

HARTFORD 2022/2023
Othmann - Greco - Cuylle
Goon AHLer

Robertson - Skinner
Scanlin - Tinordi
Goon AHLer

Garand
Huuska
So we're trading chytil a young fairly cost controlled center, whos showing top 6 ability right now, for a young cost controlled center who might not be a top 6 player?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
So we're trading chytil a young fairly cost controlled center, whos showing top 6 ability right now, for a young cost controlled center who might not be a top 6 player?
If it is as tight as it seems to be and the right deal comes along, yes. And, like I said, eventually…

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
2022/2023 NYR
Kreider - Zib - LAF
Kravtsov 8or replacement) - Chytil (eventually traded) or Replacement - Blais (RFA - resigned)
Brodzinski/Hunt- Goodrow - Motte (UFA resigned)
Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
X4 ?? Vet maybe

Czar
Martin Jones

Chytil (maybe)
One of Nils or Jones
Draft pick (s)

Nemeth
Gauthier
Hajek
Georgiev
Gettinger

HARTFORD 2022/2023
Othmann - Greco - Cuylle
Goon AHLer

Robertson - Skinner
Scanlin - Tinordi
Goon AHLer

Garand
Huuska
I think with Othmann it's NHL or OHL due to his age.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

My hope is that the issue of players lining up above their station is resolved when Strome and Kakko return.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
No Hunt in the top6. Pain is over.

Yet but Gauthier back in...and Brodzinski centering Panarin...I wouldn't rule out pain just yet.

Hopefully Strome is coming in for Brod on that line. Though I like Brod. Reaves should not be playing. Give me Motte-Brod-Goodrow 4th line. Or Motte-Goodrow-Hunt.

Reactions: RagFinMet

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I don’t understand the logic. Brod not good enough to crack the top-12 one day, centering the second line the next.

Sounds like Strome is still a game or two away. No word on Kakko.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm still of the opinion that I'd rather a more defensively reliable 2C to play with bread. If I lose 10 to 15 points off Strome's best but end up with 15-20 less goals in our net or 30 less penalties then that is an upgrade.

Otherwise there is no way you can get Ziba like production out of your 2C unless you hit a home run draft pick, sacrifice lineup depth with vet min contracts or sacrifice yourself to the LTIR devil.

I'd be shocked if Strome takes anywhere near 30 penalties.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
If you want to suffer an aneurism, listen to Vince Mercogliano's podcast where he discusses the salary cap. The Rangers trading Nemeth's contract and replacing him with a player making $925,000 doesn't help the Rangers cap because they only save $1.575M.
Worst beat in the NHL.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yet but Gauthier back in...and Brodzinski centering Panarin...I wouldn't rule out pain just yet.

Hopefully Strome is coming in for Brod on that line. Though I like Brod. Reaves should not be playing. Give me Motte-Brod-Goodrow 4th line. Or Motte-Goodrow-Hunt.

I don’t understand the logic. Brod not good enough to crack the top-12 one day, centering the second line the next.

Sounds like Strome is still a game or two away. No word on Kakko.
I took it as Strome is ready to go and Brodz was just a fill-in

Giving Strome a low intensity practice while giving Brodz some reps. Gallant things

Even if Brodz plays tomorrow, he's a place holder for Strome. His speed could still affect that line positively and he's not an offensive black hole like Hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad