Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I would like to see them bring vatrano back next year. Very curious if KK is on this team next year. If there is a reconciliation with kravy for 2 yr 1m/per or something and they think he is ready to contribute is KK really going back to the 1st line? Vatrano has shown more than KK ever has in a top 6 role - sorry to say it. I think a team like edmonton would trade a first + for KK - would be a good return
Resign Copp. Keep Kakko
Panarin-Copp-Kakko
Copp-Kakko
Coppo Kakko

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I would like to see them bring vatrano back next year. Very curious if KK is on this team next year. If there is a reconciliation with kravy for 2 yr 1m/per or something and they think he is ready to contribute is KK really going back to the 1st line? Vatrano has shown more than KK ever has in a top 6 role - sorry to say it. I think a team like edmonton would trade a first + for KK - would be a good return

So the roll my man.

FLA fans repeatedly chimed in when he was traded that we'll love his motor, but that his scoring is streaky.

I wouldn't be in a rush to push KK out the door yet till Vatrano proves otherwise.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Trading Kakko this offseason would be the ultimate sell low move. The Rangers would be lucky to get 60 cents on the dollar.

The player nor the team will want more than a 2 year extension and the player hasn't earned (even with his status of a #2 pick) more than $2.5AAV.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Trouba is not going anywhere. Not only is he asserting himself and having, likely, the best year of his career he also has a full NMC and absolutely ZERO reason to waive it. He's also married to a nueroscientist (ie... no dummy) who wants to be in New York and he has unequivocally stated that her career is as important as his and where they are is as important to her as it is to him. Moving him to clear up cap space for a young-ish 2C is just a fantasy. Whatever path the Rangers travel to get to that point won't involve Trouba any time soon.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Trouba is not going anywhere. Not only is he asserting himself and having, likely, the best year of his career he also has a full NMC and absolutely ZERO reason to waive it. He's also married to a nueroscientist (ie... no dummy) who wants to be in New York and he has unequivocally stated that her career is as important as his and where they are is as important to her as it is to him. Moving him to clear up cap space for a young-ish 2C is just a fantasy. Whatever path the Rangers travel to get to that point won't involve Trouba any time soon.

Agreed. If the guy was on the first PP unit he would probably get some Norris votes this season.

We'll see if this is what we get going forward but it does seem like he's turned a big corner.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The more I watch this current team, I am thinking that Kakko is going to have to sing for his supper when he comes back. I've not advocating that he be moved but I can very clearly see a scenario where it could happen.
I don’t think this is true at all. The RW depth is still very fragile. Strome went day to day and all of a sudden Hunt was back on the 2nd line and the corpse of Reaves was back in.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
So they can’t keep him, and they can’t trade him? What to do?

Need to figure it out
You just bide your time and let him rebuild his value, then deal him or bring him over if he has matured. I’d rather force his hand like that than deal him as a throw in or for a mid round pick or 2. There’s no rush to figure it out. Qualify him and let him decide.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Don’t look now, but Copp is playing himself into an extension. He looks REALLY good next to Panarin. Would love to see what Kakko would do on that line too.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I am a big fan of Ryan Strome, but he couldn’t have picked a worse time for himself to get injured. Copp is going to make this an easy decision for the org. There was nothing last night that made me feel like this team was missing Stromer.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
The more I watch this current team, I am thinking that Kakko is going to have to sing for his supper when he comes back. I've not advocating that he be moved but I can very clearly see a scenario where it could happen.
I actually don’t mind Kakko coming back to a super competitive environment where he needs to show something to stay in the lineup. I’m not at the point yet where I would move him, but it’s time to put some pressure on him to perform consistently.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I prefer Copp to Strome, but I doubt the organization will just forget the good work Strome did over the last 2+ years because Copp is hot for a month.

Regardless, I don’t know if we can or should sign either. I’m not so sure Copp comes in under $5M. If so, yeah I’d try to squeeze that in.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
So the roll my man.

FLA fans repeatedly chimed in when he was traded that we'll love his motor, but that his scoring is streaky.

I wouldn't be in a rush to push KK out the door yet till Vatrano proves otherwise.

Vatrano is Michael Grabner. A luxury to have when you have the caproom, but will/should be the first cap casualty.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I've suddenly become obsessed with seeing Coppo Kakko as a thing that needs to happen.

Me too!

Some will say that Kakko must play higher in the line-up, but from my POV power play time matters, if you are on the 2nd or 3rd don't. Or 1st. We need a great 3rd line to win a Cup. 4 of the last 6 years, the team with the best 3rd line in hockey have won the Cup.

Kakko can be a great fit on a great 3rd line. Offensive players function so differently, and require extremely different things from their linemates. Kakko belongs to the category that actually is fairly high maintenance -- if we want peak production from him. But, he doesn't have to play with the "best" linemates, as long as they refer the puck to him in many situations. Jagr was exactly like that too. Jagr expanded his offensive register a lot over time, but fundamentally his core offensive game was all about heading up the center of the ice, then when the defending team stepped up on him, Jagr came streaking down the right side and if he could get the puck in those situations, he was lethal. A defense can contain a winger if you don't have someone stirring it up at center ice.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kravstov is worth more playing for the Rangers than what the Rangers can get in a trade for him. His value is not very high. The Rangers should bring him back and play him. Here. The Rangers will need his offense next season.

I hope Vatrano scores 50 goals this season. Let some other team reward him. Vatrano didn’t have the same opportunity in Florida this season in comparison to previous seasons. The Rangers give him the opportunity to play more and increase his value as a free agent and the Rangers get some goal scoring.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
For a good reason, there have been a lot of focus on how 'we haven't quite been as good on the ice as our record indicates'.

That is true. But, I do also think that there is a great risk here that we focus too much on our own flaws and lose perspective on the competitive level around the league. I think Pittsburgh Penguins is a good example here. Like, they are not a good team (either), at all. They have a ton of flaws and their core guys aren't carrying them. Yet, they are what 5-6 overall in the league? The Flames and Wild are top 2 and 3 respectively in the WC. They are far from complete teams.

My point is just, while we are flawed, lol, so are just about everyone else, except perhaps Carolina in my book, and Colorado perhaps has an overdrive offensively nobody else have. The teams NYR, Pitt, Minny and Calgary make out like 4 of the top 7-8 teams in the league.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kravstov is worth more playing for the Rangers than what the Rangers can get in a trade for him. His value is not very high. The Rangers should bring him back and play him. Here. The Rangers will need his offense next season.

I hope Vatrano scores 50 goals this season. Let some other team reward him. Vatrano didn’t have the same opportunity in Florida this season in comparison to previous seasons. The Rangers give him the opportunity to play more and increase his value as a free agent and the Rangers get some goal scoring.

At this point they need to revisit the Krav situation in the offseason. Now way they bring him into the NHL roster with the chemistry the team has right now, plus we have too many bodies to begin with.

But if both sides can let bygones be bygones, Kravtsov can be a dirt cheap middle 6 option next year and it could potentially open up the Rangers to deal Kakko for a comparable C and keep Copp/Motte/Chytil/Blais around. Good to have options.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You just bide your time and let him rebuild his value, then deal him or bring him over if he has matured. I’d rather force his hand like that than deal him as a throw in or for a mid round pick or 2. There’s no rush to figure it out. Qualify him and let him decide.
Bide their time how? What changes without him playing?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm worried Gallant will put down Vatrano over Strome.

Kreider Zibs Frankie V
Panarin Copp Kakko
Lafreniere Chytil Strome - this line will obviously see no ice late game, holding a 1 goal lead
Motte Goodrow Rooney/Hunt/Reaves

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That’s dumb.
If his value is at an all time low, there's no sense in him coming over here especially with the new found depth up front. Let him play/rot in Russia where he can hopefully increase his trade value and the war hopefully is over by then so teams don't have to be concerned about getting him over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad