Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXIV: Mod Warning post #557

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He coaches like he's the coach of a youth team who promised the parents that their kids would get equal ice time so nobody feels bad.

Yeah, this is where he's no Quenville or Babs. This and toughness. Having guys that will go out there and add a different dynamic to the team where it's legally allowed.

And icing chemistry.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fabbri out with an ACL injury. Do the Blues say **** it or do they try to save their season?

Don't believe they will do massive overreach and go crazy all in, but at only 2 pts from last PO position, they will make some effort; more than half assed, but not selling out every asset to gamble here.

This is the chance to poach Fabbri.
His immediate and potential value is minimized due to ACL injury.
If he is deeply discounted we should strike while opportunity knocks...

Something around...

Fabbri
expiring Shatty
2017 2nd
2018 1st

for
Zuc
Klein
Holden
Puempel

something like that?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
DING DING DING DING DING! Either Chicago trades him to a team who wants him, or they don't trade him.

Seabrook has to waive his NMC to be traded. He is in control here. And when he waives to be traded to the Rangers, he won't waive again in a few weeks to be traded elsewhere, because the team is in a cap crunch. That is just wishful thinking and that only works in videogames.

No, it is not that automatic
Yes, Seabs is in control but he sees the writing is on the wall due to size of his salary.

The other way with Chicago may be caustic

Doing it as I proposed puts him in best shot to control were he goes
for that reason, he does approve a second deal

not all flights are direct
some require a lay over:popcorn:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Don't believe they will do massive overreach and go crazy all in, but at only 2 pts from last PO position, they will make some effort; more than half assed, but not selling out every asset to gamble here.

This is the chance to poach Fabbri.
His immediate and potential value is minimized due to ACL injury.
If he is deeply discounted we should strike while opportunity knocks...

Something around...

Fabbri
expiring Shatty
2017 2nd
2018 1st

for
Zuc
Klein
Holden
Puempel

something like that?

I would actually do this. I just don't think STL would.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Thanks
like not even close they would do this, or they do it for a little less?

Take out the 2018 1st from St. Louis and take out Holden.

To make it Shattenkirk, Fabbri, and a conditional 2017 2nd (Rangers get STL's 2nd if STL makes the playoffs, becomes STL's 2017 3rd if they don't) for Zuccarello, Klein, and Puempel. It gives the Blues a great cost controlled asset in Zuccarello back for losing Shattenkirk. The Rangers get even younger at forward and fill a position of need on defense.

I would only do this if the Rangers feel this is a retooling year and don't plan on making another run in the playoffs, and if Shattenkirk signs an extension at lower than $6 million/season. Losing Zuccarello, even if it means getting Shattenkirk and an injured Fabbri for next season, would be a huge loss for this team.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Don't agree with the concept but I believe the thought is playing less minutes allows them to remain stronger later in the season.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Thats a massive underpayment from LA's side.

Zucc returns much more. Hes still very productive, signed for 2 more years after this one at a great rate.

I'd sooner move him to Anaheim with salary retained and get a few good pieces from them before making that trade with LA.

You see, we are not taking on any salary (900k and 850k for next season, and two roster players next year). If there is a flat cap going into next season -- that space would be very very valuable.

Sure we are giving up one of our best forwards and the return isn't great. But Nolan would be an important player for us, give us a bit more edge. He has won before. Kempe has a lot of quality, I am not mega high on him, but he is good. Good speed, a lot of quality. A mid 2nd. It's three pieces that would help us a lot. That is at least IMO decent if you free up what 3.7m in the process.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Nash to Anaheim would be a Win-Win. We want a young Dman and they have them in spades. The Ducks are in super Win-now mode.

Gives them the option to protect using the 7+3+1 method instead of 8+1... Still they have to protect Nash, but they still net one protection slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad