Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXIV: Mod Warning post #557

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Should definitely look into signing Boyle as a FA this summer.

I love Boyle as much as everyone else, but I would think twice about getting him now. It's not an absolute rule and there are exceptions, but most of the time you want these guys when they are in their mid-20s. Boyle is getting up there in age.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Not really interested in LAs Ds, also think that Muzzin is overrated. Quite much too. They have not played God hockey since they lost Voynovs ability to move the puck. Have they even made the POs since they lost Voynov?

I don't want Cap hit from LA, unless it's Toffoli. What do you guys think about Nolan? King is a bit too old for me. Nolan might have a few years in him where he might play at a little higher level. Kind of like Matt Martin. He was quite mediocre for NYI for many years, before getting up to a level where he was an important part of a good line. Nolan might have that in him too, sometimes these guys can relax a bit and start playing better hockey when they get a little older.

Nolan, Kempe and a 2nd for Zuccarello?

It's a bit of step back trade at first glance, but OTOH we open up a lot of Cap space too. Basically 3.7m or something like that. Nolan gives us a bit edge. I am not sold on Kempe, got a bit of blinders on part in his game. But a well rounded player. He would become a player for us. A 2nd.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not really interested in LAs Ds, also think that Muzzin is overrated. Quite much too. They have not played God hockey since they lost Voynovs ability to move the puck. Have they even made the POs since they lost Voynov?

I don't want Cap hit from LA, unless it's Toffoli. What do you guys think about Nolan? King is a bit too old for me. Nolan might have a few years in him where he might play at a little higher level. Kind of like Matt Martin. He was quite mediocre for NYI for many years, before getting up to a level where he was an important part of a good line. Nolan might have that in him too, sometimes these guys can relax a bit and start playing better hockey when they get a little older.

It's a bit of step back trade at first glance, but OTOH we open up a lot of Cap space too. Basically 3.7m or something like that. Nolan gives us a bit edge. I am not sold on Kempe, got a bit of blinders on part in his game. But a well rounded player. He would become a player for us. A 2nd.

Thats a massive underpayment from LA's side.

Zucc returns much more. Hes still very productive, signed for 2 more years after this one at a great rate.

I'd sooner move him to Anaheim with salary retained and get a few good pieces from them before making that trade with LA.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

The Kings fans just said yes, thank you, and asked where they can mail you an annual Xmas gift. :D

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The league has a dislike for Rick Nash it seems. Right, how the heck did Andrew Laad get a 1st and prospect? I just can't see a team dealing that for Rick even though he should get return that over a guy like Laad.

Teams that think they can win sometimes overpay at the trading deadline. In the offseason GM's are more rational. They will look harder at point production vs salary cap dollar in the offseason

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Fabbri out with an ACL injury. Do the Blues say **** it or do they try to save their season?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nash is pacing 68 points over 82 games.

Find me a team where that is a 2nd line winger. This isn't 1980.

I think the better question is what is a season+of Nash at 5.5 worth?

I do not think your math is correct. I think he is on a 52-53 point pace if he played all 82 games.

Even if your math was correct at some point teams look at a players actual production not only their pace.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Ladd got a first and a prospect because his cap hit was a fraction of what it was over his entire contract, and the Hawks thought a) he's a rental, no cap headache (from him at least) after the season and b) they had a real shot at winning the cup.

Teams haven't offered (at least not reportedly) that return for Nash because he has another year at 7.8 after this season, if he's still here near the deadline next year, I don't see why we couldn't get the same sort of deal Ladd did from a team that thinks they can win it (which would most likely make the first in the late 20's)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I do not think your math is correct. I think he is on a 52-53 point pace if he played all 82 games.

Even if your math was correct at some point teams look at a players actual production not only their pace.

You are correct, this is why I hate math.

Point stands, hes been good this year and calling him a '2nd line player' is incorrect.

Edit: I'd rather retain and move Zucc. He'd bring back a boatload.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Saying his "pace" per 82 games and not considering his minutes is a terrible argument considering he is on a team that rolls the lines pretty evenly as opposed to a team like buffalo or nashville who gives their top lines 20 mins a game.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Saying his "pace" per 82 games and not considering his minutes is a terrible argument considering he is on a team that rolls the lines pretty evenly as opposed to a team like buffalo or nashville who gives their top lines 20 mins a game.

Or how any normal team treats their star player, for that matter.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Or how any normal team treats their star player, for that matter.

Nash in 12-13 (With Torts) 19:58 per game 42 points in 44 games.
Nash with AV:
17:01
17:27
16:56
16:24

Stepan in 12-13 (With Torts) 20:55 per game 44 points in 48 games
Stepan with AV:
18:03
18:11
17:45
18:32

Some coach.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Nash with AV:

Stepan with AV:

Some coach.

Is that all situations?

I'm gonna throw up.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nash with AV:

Exactly. I don't understand it and I never did. AV even did this when we had a less talented group in 2014.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Is that all situations?

I'm gonna throw up.

Yea all situations. Nothing makes sense about it. These guys have played big minutes historicaally and produced then he comes in and just drops all the top guys minutes so he can play the bottom lines more often. Same thing with the defense for the most part.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Nash with AV:

Stepan with AV:

Some coach.

He's OCD when it comes to rolling units. He's very good at it, one of the best in the league imo due to this, but at the same time, he doesn't ride his star players.

This hurt him in the shutouts against TB. He wouldn't shorten the bench. Cooper knew, he was laughing about it. Rangers had too many guys dinged up where fatigue would set in, and AV is principally an anti big minute, and most definitely an structured shifts coach.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Yea all situations. Nothing makes sense about it. These guys have played big minutes historicaally and produced then he comes in and just drops all the top guys minutes so he can play the bottom lines more often. Same thing with the defense for the most part.

He does it with the D too and that's 10000x worse IMO.

This is the NHL. Your best players need to play as much as possible. Especially with D, you're not doing the team any favors by rolling out an average defenseman the same amount of time as an elite defenseman.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He's OCD when it comes to rolling units. He's very good at it, one of the best in the league imo due to this, but at the same time, he doesn't ride his star players.

This hurt him in the shutouts against TB. He wouldn't shorten the bench. Cooper knew, he was laughing about it. Rangers had too many guys dinged up where fatigue would set in, and AV is principally an anti big minute, and most definitely an structured shifts coach.

He coaches like he's the coach of a youth team who promised the parents that their kids would get equal ice time so nobody feels bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad