Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin Zibanejad Kreider
Lafreniere Pettersson Kakko

that would be some top6.... on paper at least. Pettersson hasn't even been playing Center... maybe that's part of the issue... along with barely playing any hockey the past 2 years.

If there's any hint he's available, you overpay and run home

Reactions: EdJovanovski

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Lafreniere Zibs Kreider
Panarin Strome Goodrow/Blais
Blais Chytil Kakko
Hunt Rooney Reaves

I actually don't mind seeing these practice lines. ( Assuming Kakko is cleared for tomorrow ) Kakko is the one guy that's actually worked well with Chytil.

Can we start cloning Blais and putting him on every line?

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've never been particularly enamored with Chytil's upside. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt because he's young. He looks like a 3C to me. I just don't see the overall hockey sense to become anything more offensively.

He can be a really good 3C, though.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Chytil reminds me a bit of a bigger Matt Cullen.

Ive given up hope on him clicking with Panarin, though.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Matt Cullen could win face-offs. and played for 23 years in the NHL. what reminds you of him?

The north south skating style and excellent neutral zone puck lugging and crossover skating, mostly.

Cullen also didn’t quite have the level of NHL vision to keep up with his speed, much like Fil and Dom Moore

Reactions: RickChartraw

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I've never been particularly enamored with Chytil's upside. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt because he's young. He looks like a 3C to me. I just don't see the overall hockey sense to become anything more offensively.

He can be a really good 3C, though.
I think people get blinded by his physical tools and things like his P/60, which you’d think we should know better than to assume more ice time will lead to more production.

Me personally? He’s never impressed me with his ability (or lack thereof) to play with the puck on his stick. On top of the fact that in his 4 years as an NHL player I can’t think of a single player he’s had chemistry with.

I will concede that I don't see a shift to wing somehow making him more effective.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think people get blinded by his physical tools and things like his P/60, which you’d think we should know better than to assume more ice time will lead to more production.

Me personally? He’s never impressed me with his ability (or lack thereof) to play with the puck on his stick. On top of the fact that in his 4 years as an NHL player I can’t think of a single player he’s had chemistry with.

I will concede that I don't see a shift to wing somehow making him more effective.
He’s Gauthier with better finishing ability imo

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Chytil is never going to take the mantle of 2C for this team. Strome is gone next season. What’s the plan?
That’s exactly why he was only signed to a 2-year deal.. yes, he is still 22. But after 5 years. In the org between Hartford and the show, how much has he progressed?? I kept saying in the offseason, this is a sink or swim year for Fil. Either he takes a large step fwd or he’ll be dealt and the position upgraded. They aren’t going wait another maybe 2 years for him to develop more at a snails pace, if at all.
Switching him to wing doesn’t get rid of his tunnel vision. If he can become a Lars Eller type, there’s certainly value there, but eller looks to be the more complete overall player at this time.
Right now his age and physical tools are what have Gallant intrigued. I figured Gallant would either unleash him and he would play really well with more minutes and a bigger role, or were still 2C hunting

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Switching him to wing doesn't change who he is but improves the team.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
All that rebuilding and we basically have one line of forwards for the future. Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko.

Defense stocked top to bottom.

Forwards depth dry as a bone.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Chytil is never going to take the mantle of 2C for this team. Strome is gone next season. What’s the plan?

Continue to trade away opportunity to bolster the future by making win now moves to fortify a team that has no realistic shot of winning a Cup right now?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
All that rebuilding and we basically have one line of forwards for the future. Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko.

They have an entire top line signed to 6.5,8.5 and 11.6 million.

they have the depth. It’s expensive.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’m Chytil’s biggest pumper here but I’m willing to say that I might just be wrong. It’s still early in the season, and whole team hasn’t been clicking offensively, but he has not made the most of this opportunity.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

It's not bone dry. We have Barron, Cuylle, Berard, Othmann and Pajuiniemi. All have a chance to be NHL players. We'll see what Kravtsov turns into. We also have a plethora of defensemen that can be flipped into whatever we need

The 'sky is not falling'. There's really only 1 position to fill long term... 2C.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think people may finally be seeing that. And saying that doesn't mean people are hating on chytil, it's just that he lacks that part of playing w elite players. He's a 3rd line center that can fill top 2 if you need, but he's not a 2c on a contender. If he wants to really establish himself as an NHL center he MUST improve faceoffs bc if you're not putting up 55+pts a year than you better be doing the little things right to contribute which includes fow

Reactions: duhmetreE

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think people may finally be seeing that. And saying that doesn't mean people are hating on chytil, it's just that he lacks that part of playing w elite players. He's a 3rd line center that can fill top 2 if you need, but he's not a 2c on a contender. If he wants to really establish himself as an NHL center he MUST improve faceoffs bc if you're not putting up 55+pts a year than you better be doing the little things right to contribute which includes fow
I honestly don't even think he's a center. He's not a defensive guy, not good on faceoffs, so he's not an ideal 3C at all. At this point he should be tried on the wing.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I honestly don't even think he's a center. He's not a defensive guy, not good on faceoffs, so he's not an ideal 3C at all. At this point he should be tried on the wing.
The org has just been headstrong on making him a center like they did with Hayes. They rarely give things like that up especially the the lack of c depth we have. I like chytil and he has tools but he doesn't effectly apply them consistently. I have no issues moving him in a deal that fits this team going forward.

Chytil and kravtsov is a good start for a package for a quality player...

Reactions: CLW

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Add to it he's not a playmaker and has suspect IQ. He can do what he does well on wing.

I was expecting him to become more physical as well... he hasn't. I don't know if his injuries have made him cautious of contact

Reactions: TheBloodyNine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad