Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XI: We can read between the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If we could, we’d have done it already. The best two ideas I’ve seen are Vegas or Tampa for Brannstrom+ or Sergachev

I can't see the Bolts giving up Sergachev.

As for Vegas, I just don't see it. I think they're riding the high right now and will see how things shake out. Also, as much as I like Brannstrom, I don't think I'd want him as a centerpiece for Mac.

For me, it's Boston, Winnipeg, and Dallas. Toronto being a possibility, but they're more likely to chase OEL or Karlsson, IMO.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Let’s be honest and real here. Vegas is smoke and mirrors. HUGE HOMETOWN ADVANTAGE BECAUSE ALL THE TEAMS THAT COME IN PARTY IT UP AND ARE IN NO SHAPE TO COMPETE COME GAME TIME. Their management probably feels that they can’t win any time soon so McD to them makes no sense

Reactions: egelband

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Let’s be honest and real here. Vegas is smoke and mirrors. HUGE HOMETOWN ADVANTAGE BECAUSE ALL THE TEAMS THAT COME IN PARTY IT UP AND ARE IN NO SHAPE TO COMPETE COME GAME TIME. Their management probably feels that they can’t win any time soon so McD to them makes no sense

Yeah but isn’t their away record also good?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Vegas wins because they play a system that is very successful. High speed transition game where players are actually capable of carrying out the assignments that go with the system.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Vegas has a team of guys who have chips on their shoulders. Some of these guys had potential but not time, and now they have a chance to break out. What they lack in top-end talent they make up for in sheer depth.

Their coach has done well, and Florida essentially gifted Vegas 2/3 of a top line. We're more than halfway through the season. It's not an accident.

If they can keep this up into the playoffs remains to be seen, but it's no accident.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Vegas has a team of guys who have chips on their shoulders. Some of these guys had potential but not time, and now they have a chance to break out. What they lack in top-end talent they make up for in sheer depth.

Their coach has done well, and Florida essentially gifted Vegas 2/3 of a top line. We're more than halfway through the season. It's not an accident.

If they can keep this up into the playoffs remains to be seen, but it's no accident.

Vegas has their entire team in contract years so they're overproducing a bit. Marchessault just got his extension. Neal is heading towards UFA. So are Perron and Sbisa. Karlsson and Theodore are RFA's.

They'll fall back to earth a bit next season. But are in great shape compared to the other expansion franchises.

Glass, Brannstrom, Suzuki, Tuch and Theodore is a hell of a start.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I know @JT Kreider but Ryan Mc. is our strongest defensive player - and he had some beautiful assist this season. Ryan usually shot for deflection recently and if they score I`m fine with it to be honest.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I know @JT Kreider but Ryan Mc. is our strongest defensive player - and he had some beautiful assist this season. Ryan usually shot for deflection recently and if they score I`m fine with it to be honest.

Ehh. Personally McDonagh is a shell of what he was in 2012-14. He was well on his way to being a perennial Norris contender. He was pretty much what Seth Jones is now. I really miss that McDonagh. I guess he never recovered from those two serious shoulder injuries he suffered within half a year.

Signing him to an a 8 year $7 million (Vlasic),extension would get ugly real quick.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope to resign him @Amazing Kreiderman - I don`t believe that he will be another Staal contract. They are two completely different players, and I know Ryan have issuses with his shoulder, but if we fail to reach playoffs this year Ryan Mc. should look into his shoulder problem and get a surgery since that late 2014 cup run.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, I agree that trade proposal was very good for us and I would move him, but is`t realistic if Gorton had a similar proposal for Ryan?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
If that deal was on the table, Gorton takes it and runs.

I’d do Theodore + Suzuki + 1st

Even that is quite the haul

Yeah I'm not expecting anything close to that.

I think a realistic deal is Spurgeon and one of JEE, Kunin, Greenway or Kaprizov. The first two are the priority, we would need one other piece like a 2nd if it's the latter two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad