Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part VII: Return of Beaver Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I don't get how an 18-year-old (non-McDavid, non-Crosby) is going to help an NHL team more than a 28-year-old Beck or Hrivik or Jensen or Carey type, but I guess there's no reason not to hold the big shiny object out in front of them.

ed: also your standard 12th and 13th forwards can get scratched and get their playing time cut without it hurting their development or being a big annoying "thing"

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
James Mirtle‏Verified account
@mirtle

The other ramification of this: If the Leafs don't/can't use LTIR, they really don't have much cap space. So Lupul specifics matter.

So maybe the Holden for Bozak rumors will be back on. But even so, I don't know how we can fit Bozak's salary as long as Staal is on the team. Ugh, Staal's salary is squeezing the Rangers.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
How good is bereglazov? Is he a lock to make this team?

Definitely not a lock.

He was a Top-2 d-man on the 2nd best team in the KHL. Did well.

Most have said he was disappointing at Traverse, so whether he was taking it easy or having a hard time is up for debate.

How he plays in these games will be important unless they saw something they liked in camp.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
How good is bereglazov? Is he a lock to make this team?

I know he's had a rough go of it so far, but barring a trade where the Rangers take on a little more salary, I do think he's a lock to be on the roster, even if he's not an opening night guy. Feel like the Rangers will start the year with 8 D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad