Jun 1, 2014
New York
Brad-Richards-Michal-Rozsival-Chicago-Blackhawks.jpg

Continue.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Brad & Marty will probably be invited this year season first game in MSG. :)

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
What we really need is Brad and Drury and Gravy spending time with the forward group in Hartford.
So many of those guys are talented but not sure things. Every little bit helps

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What we really need is Brad and Drury and Gravy spending time with the forward group in Hartford.
So many of those guys are talented but not sure things. Every little bit helps

Gravy needs to get with Tambo and explain that while having a cannon is great, you need to be able to find the space to use it and put in the work away from the puck. And maybe Drury can teach him that you don't need to be built like a Mac Truck to play around the net successfully.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
We have some great talents in Operations now. I imagine most prospects salivate at the thought of having three cup winners (including one of the all-time greatest defensemen) mentoring them or at least contributing to their development. I wonder what MSL is up to these days ...

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We have some great talents in Operations now. I imagine most prospects salivate at the thought of having three cup winners (including one of the all-time greatest defensemen) mentoring them or at least contributing to their development. I wonder what MSL is up to these days ...

Don't forget Jed Ortmeyer! I still have his Lady Liberty sweater in the closet somewhere. :laugh:

Seriously though, good to have some scrubs there, too. They can preach the importance of hard work and dedication to the trade and help these guys squeeze out every bit of talent they possess.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
This offseason has seemed very quiet so far. The NBA had several all stars traded. Feels like NHL GMs are much more conservative.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Don't forget Jed Ortmeyer! I still have his Lady Liberty sweater in the closet somewhere. :laugh:

Seriously though, good to have some scrubs there, too. They can preach the importance of hard work and dedication to the trade and help these guys squeeze out every bit of talent they possess.[/QUOTE]

Then they're not scrubs. Ortmeyer is the last guy you could call a scrub.,

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Seriously though, good to have some scrubs there, too. They can preach the importance of hard work and dedication to the trade and help these guys squeeze out every bit of talent they possess.[/QUOTE]

If I ever call a pro athete, or anyone earnest for that matter, a 'scrub' feel free to smack me (back of the head, Three Stooges style, please).

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yeah the NHL is 'boring' because one of the best players in the league didn't demand to be moved off a championship contending team

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Kova- Good point on Staal, don't think it's so much injuries physically holding him back as them having affected him mentally. Concussion problems are scary, the eye thing. I think many tend to be very black and white at this place -- they form an opinion an then stand by it. I think Staal was perfectly solid for long stretches early last season defensively. And he had some very strong games defensively.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Come on, I'm talking about his talent relative to his peers. Jed was a meat-and-potatoes guy who got by on hard work rather than skill. No one that reaches the peak of their profession is a scrub. But go ahead, be all indignant or whatever.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That's because the NHL is boring. Best sport, worst run league.

I actually think its one of if not the best run league. We have had much more movement in other years. Feels like GM's want to keep their guys more this season for some reason.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
NHL usually has a lot of movement during the summer. Last year the Subban-Weber and Hall-Larson deals headlined it. This summer the Stepan, Eberle, Drouin, and even Johansen to the Devils trades were all pretty big. The rules of the expansion draft really prevented even more movement.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah the NHL is 'boring' because one of the best players in the league didn't demand to be moved off a championship contending team

I didn't mean specifically that one trade. The NBA sees plenty of offer sheets and more movement of young players around the league, whereas NHL GMs don't even think twice about it

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I didn't mean specifically that one trade. The NBA sees plenty of offer sheets and more movement of young players around the league, whereas NHL GMs don't even think twice about it

Because hockey is an old boys club. It always comes back to that.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
nba also has a soft cap and there is no draft pick compensation for offer sheets so its not really a good comparable

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

Seriously though, good to have some scrubs there, too. They can preach the importance of hard work and dedication to the trade and help these guys squeeze out every bit of talent they possess.

:laugh:

I hope Callahan reunites with the Rangers in such an ops capacity once he retires; he'd be a great role model for the kids (assuming he doesn't hold a grudge against the organization). Ditto Dom Moore (though I can't see why he'd decline).

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gravy needs to get with Tambo and explain that while having a cannon is great, you need to be able to find the space to use it and put in the work away from the puck. And maybe Drury can teach him that you don't need to be built like a Mac Truck to play around the net successfully.

Graves scored a very large % of his goals 20' and in. He played a hard nasty gritty kind of game and gave and took a lot of abuse. Neither he nor Drury were particularly big but they were stock and strong and very determined players. I don't see those qualities in Tambellini at all. He definitely could improve his chances of being a bottom line forward by working on his defense and play away from the puck though.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The scrubs usually make really good execs/coaches as long as they don't try to turn everyone into a grinder like they were.

*cough* Bylsma! *cough*

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Because hockey is an old boys club. It always comes back to that.

Exactly...I've said this ad nausea. It's a sham that this in place but GM's don't want to risk themselves being scorned or blackballed by sending an offer sheet to a RFA as they risk the when one of their players becomes a RFA.

Even worse in potential trades, if a GM has offered a RFA an offer sheet, said owner will be looked at like the plague and will get **** and be rebuffed at all costs. It's stupid and dumb but that's the way it is until things are changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->