Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part V: Strangers in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I like him, but I've also seen when he's wrong. He's citing others, and I've read others (Brooks is one, same issues as Zip) saying the same. That's a decent amount of anecdotal evidence, but training camp is the ultimate decider. Zero reason to not sign Kerfoot. Solid prospect only eligible for ELC, C for a team recently bereft of bottom six C options

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Eh, guy is 23 and played 4 years in college. If he can't break in on a team with a need a bottom six center then you worry he never will. He's a developed prospect who should be knocking on the door. Sure he'll have to adjust some but it really is kind of make it or break it when you get to that point

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I know people love unproven prospects and youth but do we have enough proven quality at forward right now with Fast out? I see 9 maybe 10 guys. Hopefully Anderson is up to the task but if not.....

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Free and cheap asset with a chance to be useful now or tomorrow, why not? the Florida teams and others use the no state tax advantage, so we should continue to use our "best city in the world" advantage for NCAA FAs.....he can rub elbows at the Harvard Dinner Club....

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I know people love unproven prospects and youth but do we have enough proven quality at forward right now with Fast out? I see 9 maybe 10 guys. Hopefully Anderson is up to the task but if not.....

We do not, which is why I'm surprised we haven't seen a depth signing here. We all know the guys out there, bring one in.

Of course we finally do bring in a guy yesterday and its ****ing Bobby Farnham. Not what I was hoping for.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rangers clearly waiting on this kid before committing to another addition up front.

Right now we don't have a full group at all when you consider Fast's injury.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
We do not, which is why I'm surprised we haven't seen a depth signing here. We all know the guys out there, bring one in.

Of course we finally do bring in a guy yesterday and its ****ing Bobby Farnham. Not what I was hoping for.

Ehhhhh someone has to play against guys in camp.

I don't see it as a big deal. Someone tough can give these kids from college or less physical leagues a crash course (pun intended) into the NHL.

Nothing to see here except a guy to train against.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Farnham seems interesting as a 13F. Have no problem with him getting invited to camp, unless he concusses MZA

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Agreed if he isn't at least a capable 4C at this point he's probably nothing special

Partly why I'm kind of concerned with Nieves, though at least he has injuries as an excuse at the moment. If he's healthy, Nieves should honestly be in the running for a 4th line spot this season or he might just end up as another guy who can't make the jump

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Partly why I'm kind of concerned with Nieves, though at least he has injuries as an excuse at the moment. If he's healthy, Nieves should honestly be in the running for a 4th line spot this season or he might just end up as another guy who can't make the jump

Agree, more moves will be coming but 4C spot is Nieves' to lose. He should be handily beating DD for this role.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
gimme jagr
gimme jtmiller at center
gimme quicky back in nov
gimme a healthy roster

i like this roster right here

ck/mika/zuc
jagr/hayes/buch
vesey/miller/nash
grabs/dd/nieves/fast

mcd/shatty
skjei/smith
staal/ADA
bereglazov

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
gimme jagr
gimme jtmiller at center
gimme quicky back in nov
gimme a healthy roster

ck/mika/zuc
jagr/hayes/buch
vesey/miller/nash
grabs/dd/nieves/fast

mcd/shatty
skjei/smith
staal/ADA
bereglazov

Hear y'a but we can't afford Jagr, we have about 1.5 to spend on a F contract assuming we trade Holden. Thinking Winnik, Stafford...

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If Pionk is there, he shouldn't be disappointed. He's still young and hasn't played a single pro game yet. He can light up the AHL and be the first call up. That's not a bad start for an undrafted player in his first pro season.

If he's very obviously beyond the AHL level, teams like ELC guys playing big roles. They'll find a way to use a cheap and effective modern d-man if he's obviously ready.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
gimme jagr
gimme jtmiller at center
gimme quicky back in nov
gimme a healthy roster

ck/mika/zuc
jagr/hayes/buch
vesey/miller/nash
grabs/dd/nieves/fast

mcd/shatty
skjei/smith
staal/ADA
bereglazov

All about this ODC. Been saying this for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad