Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part V: Strangers in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Consistent 25-30 point guy...good defender.

He is ideal no? but based on what is left, i think he is their best option.

Easily slots back into the #4 if DD has any type of offensive resurgence

3rd liners need to produce over 30, preferable in the 35-40, or better, range. His defensive play hardly matters in this context. 3C is no longer a shutdown position.

Yankeekid07

Jul 19, 2011
Westchester, NY
3rd liners need to produce over 30, preferable in the 35-40, or better, range. His defensive play hardly matters in this context. 3C is no longer a shutdown position.

I will agree on the on the offensive production, but what else is out there on the FA market? With the offensive firepower in our division, never bad to have another good defensive center

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I will agree on the on the offensive production, but what else is out there on the FA market? With the offensive firepower in our division, never bad to have another good defensive center

The Rangers need at least one more forward. I was just thinking back to when they signed Taylor Pyatt and lots of people penciled him into the 3rd line and then were disappointed with him. Several of us kept saying "no no no, he's a 4th line player" but were ignored.

Point is, I'm not against signing Winnik, but not with the idea that he's going to be a 3rd liner.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
The Rangers need at least one more forward. I was just thinking back to when they signed Taylor Pyatt and lots of people penciled him into the 3rd line and then were disappointed with him. Several of us kept saying "no no no, he's a 4th line player" but were ignored.

Point is, I'm not against signing Winnik, but not with the idea that he's going to be a 3rd liner.

He had really pretty eyes though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->