Not open for further replies.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
y-2MYc.gif

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Slipping out of this thread for now.

Don’t worry, it’s only 3 months until camp might start, all players needs it’s full break since like two teams played a few games in like late August. I am sure the Eichel/Toews/Johnson topics will mature like a good wine until then! ;)

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Don’t worry, it’s only 3 months until camp might start, all players needs it’s full break since like two teams played a few games in like late August. I am sure the Eichel/Toews/Johnson topics will mature like a good wine until then! ;)

With these ingredients I doubt good wine is possible.

Reactions: Ola

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Any word on Strome?

I had a dream he signed for 3 years on a very good hit, but the terms were not disclosed. It also involved a penguin and a permanent marker. Failing to see the connection.
Wouldn't expect any Strome news until closer to his arbitration date on Nov 5th

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Any word on Strome?

I had a dream he signed for 3 years on a very good hit, but the terms were not disclosed. It also involved a penguin and a permanent marker. Failing to see the connection.

Ha! Well if he’s smart he takes a 2 year 4 million per deal. No ones giving him more if he hit send UFAs

Allows Lemieux to sign a few yrs around 1.5 per

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Strongly, strongly prefer a 1 year deal over 2 for Strome.

1x4 is good for both sides. Strome gets another year likely with Panarin to boost his UFA value, in a market that will hopefully have better salary cap situations for interested teams.

NYR should not need to keep Strome that 2nd year. Just not the kind of player you want to invest serious money in as a contender. You go out and try to find a bargain bin replacement like Vinny Prospal for cheap if you absolutely need to.

Reactions: Cmox and zephyr

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

1x4 is good for both sides. Strome gets another year likely with Panarin to boost his UFA value, in a market that will hopefully have better salary cap situations for interested teams.

NYR should not need to keep Strome that 2nd year. Just not the kind of player you want to invest serious money in as a contender. You go out and try to find a bargain bin replacement like Vinny Prospal for cheap if you absolutely need to.

2 might be better for Strome and what he wants. the market might actually be worse next year with younger / better UFA's hitting the market and even less cap space available.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Going from 3.1 to 4 is around a 30% raise. Not bad in this date and time. I’d give him 2/8. I think that’s a win-win.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Going from 3.1 to 4 is around a 30% raise. Not bad in this date and time. I’d give him 2/8. I think that’s a win-win.
I just don’t see it. That’s not a “marginal” raise, as the article claims. We let Fast walk over less, percentage-wise.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

2 years allows exposure to Seattle and he would more than likely be the player they would take as he would have value as a trade chip at the deadline. 2 also gives him a good salary for 2 years in a weird economic climate.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He at $4 is bargain bin. At $5 for several years it is still a very good deal.

Reactions: pld459666

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Put me in the camp preferring a 1 year deal for Strome, although it's hard to get a true read on a player in a contact year.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
"The Rangers currently have around $10 million in cap space to sign both Strome and Lemieux. Reality is that number is close to $7 million because of performance bonuses. So if we anticipate Lemieux to come in between $1.5 million, which I feel will be closer to $2 million, that leaves the Rangers very little wiggle room for Strome."

Exceptional writing here.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Fox just had the best rookie season for NYR since Lundqvist and some folks are still trying to trade him

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think they'll come to a deal with Strome. 1 year is my guess. That will keep the number lower because it will take him directly to UFA. At that point the Rangers will have identified a trade target to fill in their center needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad