Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LX

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Do we attempt to sign Chytil, Howden and Lindgren to favorable deals? Hoping they pan out
probably only Lindgren out of that group since he's the closest to his peak. with his style I'd imagine he experiences a physical decline in the medium term. Chytil would be ideal but it's hard to say what a contract that sets you up for life can do to motivation.

Rostislav Olesz says hi.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm pretty intrigued about who may be on the buy-out chopping block. There have been practically no rumors on anyone other than Hank that I have seen. Maybe Turris. In saying that, I would assume some teams will be going that route. Who are those players likely to be?

Same goes for the RFA's that won't be qualified and hit UFA. Athanasiou is probably one. Who are the others.

That is going to greatly effect the price for a guy like Fast UNLESS some team really loves him specifically.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
probably only Lindgren out of that group since he's the closest to his peak. with his style I'd imagine he experiences a physical decline in the medium term. Chytil would be ideal but it's hard to say what a contract that sets you up for life can do to motivation.

Rostislav Olesz says hi.

he was never that good in my opinion.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Would it be fair to assume that the Rangers are going to hold off on any moves today? Let the fanbase process?

Probably. Not that other teams are going to put their plans on hold but I think we at least make it to the weekend before things start picking up. We're less than 48 hours removed from the Bolts win and they're going to be a big player on the trade market due to their cap situation. Probably shook things up quite a bit yesterday.

Reactions: DutchShamrock

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I still think as I’ve said he will retire. He may very well want to see if there’s someone out there willing to trust him with the starting net but in the end I don’t think that will happen. And when it doesn’t maybe then he calls it a career.
He WOULD play in Sweden then.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Fun fact: the average age of the Rangers from 1997-2004 was 48.

It's crazy how the tables have turned from this team being one of the older in the league for many years to now quite possibly the youngest, and with the very real possibility they get YOUNGER this off-season based on who makes the team

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I gotta say. (I’m in the roster building thread now right??) Im thrilled.

I’m not sad hank is leaving. I loved him I’m excited to celebrate his jersey retirement. but his time was over years ago. I said during the end of the Ottawa series we would not make the playoffs again wirh Henrik Lundqvist as our starter.

I’m a Rangers fan first and him leaving makes us ALOT better. I’m excited for Shesterkin to take over here. I’m excited for Lafreniere I’m excited for a new voice in the locker room. Maybe a C given out now. Let’s go!

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I gotta say. (I’m in the roster building thread now right??) Im thrilled.

I’m not sad hank is leaving. I loved him I’m excited to celebrate his jersey retirement. but his time was over years ago. I said during the end of the Ottawa series we would not make the playoffs again wirh Henrik Lundqvist as our starter.

I’m a Rangers fan first and him leaving makes us ALOT better. I’m excited for Shesterkin to take over here. I’m excited for Lafreniere I’m excited for a new voice in the locker room. Maybe a C given out now. Let’s go!

100%. Thank you.

Reactions: Kovalev27

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This, also 23M cap is alot to work with. If a trade comes along the Rangers like for a LHD or 2C etc, they simply don't sign or they trade ADA and/or Strome. Its alot of dead cap for a year but I doubt it hinders anything the Rangers do.
I don't think that the cap room is meant for big UFAs. I think that it is there for a possible LD to play with Trouba (looking at you, Mr. Dillon) and to resign some of their own players.

I somehow do not think that 2C is a priority for them as far as UFAs go.

Reactions: leetch99 and bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad