Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know I’m in the minority but put me in the boring don’t make a big splash camp.
I don’t wanna do anything stupid.
Getting Lafreniere and number 22 in 6 days is more than enough excitement right now.
Just get fair short term deals done with strome and ADA. Maybe Fast too.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I know I’m in the minority but put me in the boring don’t make a big splash camp.
Getting Lafreniere and number 22 in 6 days is more than enough excitement right now.

i agree

there will be more than enough excitement to see what Laf, Krav and Miller add to this team.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Obviously Gorton is trying to make some moves, it's a two way street though

Them clearing so much space is likely tied to having a cushion for bonuses, as well as bringing back Fast, which I think is inevitable at this point

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I agree for the most part. That being said, it doesn't hurt us to have Gorton poking his head around just incase there are any no brainer opportunities out there.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
my money is on Pitt, Montreal and Toronto

although with the Covid revenues somebody else may do something crazy
Well I think at this point from what we’ve heard those would definitely be the front runners. One could say all of those teams might be a bit impatient and try to make moves even montreal

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Obviously Gorton is trying to make some moves, it's a two way street though

Them clearing so much space is likely tied to having a cushion for bonuses, as well as bringing back Fast, which I think is inevitable at this point

I wouldn't be too surprised if they circle back on Fast after he and his agent check in with other teams. Just to see if they found a soft market and don't think it's worth leaving. Usually you don't see guys making it this far in the process just to re-up with their team a week before the signing period starts. Stars who are pushing the leverage? Yeah, but those middle-tier guys usually have more to gain from getting more teams involved.

Could also be that in trade talks they caught wind of more teams in financial trouble than expected and they're expecting a lot more players to hit the open market through buyouts or not getting QO's.

Could of course be they're planning on taking on a bigger contract via trade.

Could be doing a "reverse Staal" deal.

Lots of options.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

Fuuuuuuuu*k

A shitty year in all of the ways.

Watched every playoff game this guy ever played. He was the first true New York sports icon of my adult life and I'll be thankful for that for the rest of my life.

Still think he could have done another year but I think Gorts is going to do some magic shit with all of this cash. It had to be done, it blows. Hope we see him around the team forever.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
What a great player Fast is. I really hope we bring him back on a multiyear deal. He never takes a shift off.

Reactions: Tob

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

So it looks like $23m this year, then another ALMOST $20m next year.

A total of $42m over the next two seasons coming free.

I would stay away from making any big FA splashes unless it's Eichel. Re-sign your own. Take advantage of the space to long term extend your guys instead of bridging them, that will pay off down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad