Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
depending who is on the board at 22 that would be a deal to consider if on the table...still get a 1st and add a 2nd instead of some of the other ideas that have us dropping out of the 1st to get 2 2nds.

although an early 2nd is a huge price to jump up a few spots...if there is a player there worth that price for the ducks, we might want to just take that guy lol

I know some people are on the "quality over quantity" train but that only applies to the top of the draft for me. If you can get into the top-10, that's great. But in the lower end of the 1st, and the early 2nd, I rather have 2 picks

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I have zero interest in signing any of the UFA D to any more than a 1 year deal.

We're gonna have to trade for our solution there unless someone comes out of nowhere and takes that spot by the horns. I'm not opposed to picking up a cheap vet to fill Staal's role.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I have zero interest in signing any of the UFA D to any more than a 1 year deal.

We're gonna have to trade for our solution there unless someone comes out of nowhere and takes that spot by the horns. I'm not opposed to picking up a cheap vet to fill Staal's role.

need to sign a cheap vet for 2 years to expose in the expansion draft...unless the plan is for Hajek to play 40+ games to meet the requirement. so thats the reason the signing will most likely be a 2 year deal.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I know some people are on the "quality over quantity" train but that only applies to the top of the draft for me. If you can get into the top-10, that's great. But in the lower end of the 1st, and the early 2nd, I rather have 2 picks

as long as someone doesn't drop...there are guys that will probably be gone by our pick that i'd pounce on or even try to move up for if they fell far enough. but barring that getting 2 picks that high for 1 is definitely tempting.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I never thought id say this, but I definitely think this team is starting to get just a little too young. I would not be opposed to bundling the pick to get a 25yo with a little more experience. I absolutely love tracking prospects and cheering for players my age, but as they take up more roster spots Kreider cant be doing all the mentoring. We need more get anchors, and with Staalsy and Hank on the outs soon we’ll need some more vets.

Reactions: charliemurphy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I never thought id say this, but I definitely think this team is starting to get just a little too young. I would not be opposed to bundling the pick to get a 25yo with a little more experience. I absolutely love tracking prospects and cheering for players my age, but as they take up more roster spots Kreider cant be doing all the mentoring. We need more get anchors, and with Staalsy and Hank on the outs soon we’ll need some more vets.

We have Zibanejad, Trouba, Kreider, etc. If theres a guy who has been through it and can still play/fill a need, lets go get them.

We need some of the young kids to turn into the leaders for this team. Laf is a natural fit in that regard.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
depending who is on the board at 22 that would be a deal to consider if on the table...still get a 1st and add a 2nd instead of some of the other ideas that have us dropping out of the 1st to get 2 2nds.

although an early 2nd is a huge price to jump up a few spots...if there is a player there worth that price for the ducks, we might want to just take that guy lol

You mean if there’s a defenseman that Ducks like

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I for one welcome the departure of the Staal anchor

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Goes back to @Leetch3 original point - depends on who’s left on the board.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
hajek sucks. It’s doubtful Miller is ready. I wouldn’t consider them guys that need ice time.

We aren't ready for a cup run so let the old guys leave and then fill in. Also i wouldn't throw Hajek under the bus yet, up until camp last year Lindgren was basically considered an AHL player but he put the work in and looks decent now, Hajek is the same age as Lindgren and is not near a finisher product.

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Only if you think we are supposed to win a cup this year, we aren't, the team as a whole will be older in two years when this rebuild should be ready to contend. I actually like how layered our players are with the future being Zib, Kreider, Panarin and Trouba the older guys, and then the next wave of Fox, Chytil, Deangelo, Strome and then the younger/inexperienced group Kravtsov, Miller, Lafreniere, Kakko etc. By the time the youngest guys need their big pay day Panarin wont have much left on his deal, its actually set up well.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad