Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part II: Anything Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Arbitration is in one week for Mika. I have a feeling the plan is to settle that, and then trading Holden/3C becomes the final piece of the summer.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Zibanejad for Brass E72... maybe Hayes and a 3rd for Turris and 576,000 8ths? One can dream... honestly/feasibly, Smith would be good.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Looking into anything Girardi says at his introduction press conference is beyond dumb..
Its pure spin, I think everyone knows the fans reaction, so they have to make it seem like he can turn it around and be useful..

Also someone mentioned his turnover in the playoffs the past year. Two turnovers will haunt girardi's legacy in NYR..
1) The SCF turnover in Game 1. (It's been debated to death about his fault but still...)
2) The turnover last year or year before from behind the net to Ovechkin for a tap in. (the Epitome of Girardi at the peak of the Girardi hate on this board)

I still have Girardi and Staal duo seal-ing trough the neutral zone while Crosby crusing down the middle as my lockscreen. :D

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The problems are:

A.) Staal is worse. He literally does nothing well anymore
B.) He's got a full NMC
C.) His contract is worse

Should've bought him out, not Girardi.

I agree with this. We should have bought out Staal and keep Girardi but I feel the decision to buy out Girardi instead of Staal was also influenced by the addition of Shattenkirk, Smith, Bereglazov and DeAngelo (right after the buy out)

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The problems are:

A.) Staal is worse. He literally does nothing well anymore
B.) He's got a full NMC
C.) His contract is worse

Should've bought him out, not Girardi.

Staal is not worse. Staal is a 6/7 at this point in his career. Girardi likely wouldn't be able to be a top 4 AHL dman. They're both awful, but Girardi's really in a league of his own in terribleness.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
We still have our second buy-out window, no? I'm hoping and praying we bite the bullet and use it on Staal. Having the dead cap space will suck, but it's a bigger liability having him as an option in the lineup because you know our idiot coach is going to give him top minutes.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We still have our second buy-out window, no? I'm hoping and praying we bite the bullet and use it on Staal. Having the dead cap space will suck, but it's a bigger liability having him as an option in the lineup because you know our idiot coach is going to give him top minutes.

Staal-McDonagh
Holden-Smith
Skjei-Shattenkirk

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York

If they were smart they'd buy out Staal as soon as Mika signs.

I saw one of those (baseless) internet rumors about the Rangers contacting Iginla about a 1-year deal. Not sure how I'd feel about that. Can't be worse than Glass was.

Would you guys mind Iginla or Jagr? Jagr is a pretty good advanced stats guy I think - Iginla is a good leader and more suited to a bottom line role.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Kreider, McDonagh, Hayes and, 1,917 second round picks for Ovechkin and the right to have the Russians hack into Corsica.com and giving us the top spot. 2017-2018 Corsica Cup Champs!:sarcasm:

Noose18

Sep 17, 2010
Rauma
Wonder what Da Costa is thinking of the Rangers right now. Not gonna go back to Moscow next season, would presume that Gorton has had some contact with him. Apparently 4 NHL teams have offered him a contract.

CK - Zib - Buch
Nash - Da Costa - Zucc
Vesey - Hayes - Miller
Grabner - DD - Fast

Seeing Dadonov getting a 4M deal, maybe SDC would settle for somewhere around 3M? Wouldn't do more than 2y, preferably 1.

Seanharold

Jun 23, 2011
Suffolk, NY
Wonder what Da Costa is thinking of the Rangers right now. Not gonna go back to Moscow next season, would presume that Gorton has had some contact with him. Apparently 4 NHL teams have offered him a contract.

CK - Zib - Buch
Nash - Da Costa - Zucc
Vesey - Hayes - Miller
Grabner - DD - Fast

Seeing Dadonov getting a 4M deal, maybe SDC would settle for somewhere around 3M? Wouldn't do more than 2y, preferably 1.

I was just thinking the same thing. 2 years 3.5M I would do that in a heart beat and if it doesnt work out im sure we can ship him out somewhere since the contract isn't to over the top. He is a good player and I think this is a no risk move. We also need another center..........

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Kreider, McDonagh, Hayes and, 1,917 second round picks for Ovechkin and the right to have the Russians hack into Corsica.com and giving us the top spot. 2017-2018 Corsica Cup Champs!:sarcasm:

+ Zubov and 3 and a half 4ths or it's overpayment... Ovechkin is 32... he'll be 60 next verse... #life

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I don't understand the interest in Stephane Da Costa here. Can anyone fill me in? I have no problem signing him to league minimum to provide some depth in training camp, but why give him more than Deharnais for example? I'd honestly rather have DD at this point, and I'm not a fan of DD in particular.

Wanting to sign Da Costa and give him top 6 minutes is insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad