Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part II: Anything Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It's been established that about $2.5 million in cap space is worth a 2nd round pick.

Therefore, Holden + $2.5 million in cap space for Bozak is fair value.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Interesting stuff about Bozak

I wonder if they sweeten the deal a bit to have Toronto retain.

Taking on Bozak's full hit and (presumably) sending Holden back the other way doesn't give the team a lot of space to sign Zibby and have a little extra cap space to work with

Curious to see Gorton's plan

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Da Costa would be an easy addition as the 3C. He may be more of a tweener 2/3C but he could be had for nothing but money

He's put up good numbers in the AHL and KHL but never in the NHL, not sure how he could even be considered to have a guaranteed roster spot much less be a tweener 2/3

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He's put up good numbers in the AHL and KHL but never in the NHL, not sure how he could even be considered to have a guaranteed roster spot much less be a tweener 2/3

Guys who put up similar stats in the KHL over the last few years have come back to the NHL and been successful. Why not Da Costa?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
It obvious. Bozak is selling his condo to pay Holden so Shatty can wear 22.

:amazed: It's all so clear in hindsight :amazed:

----

I'm glad Shatt has embraced the balding, we needed it after trading Step. He also kind of looks like Michael Conforto's older brother.

I'm not in love with Bozak as 2C- I wonder if his relatively improving statistics over the past couple of years is due to the young studs Toronna brought in. That being said I haven't seen much of him since 6 years ago when people were comparing him to (Anisimov or Stepan I think) so i'm just spewing hot air.

edit- If Da Costa could be had for cheap i'd take him for $$$ over Bozak in a trade.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I am shocked that another younger player doesn't like AV's garbage usage of them

Shocked

Next season's contestants in AV's game will be:

1) DeAngelo
2) Bereglazov

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I don't particularly find that concerning unless the same thing repeats itself this season.

He started the season on a top scoring line, he got injured and was out of the lineup for a very long time. When he got back his place in the lineup was kind of shaky. For a rookie player this isn't crazy. I would have liked them to have leaned on him more and given him some more leash but I'm not up in arms about it unless he's getting buried in the lineup again next year when the Rangers really need some forwards to step up

e: still feel like people just ignore that AV has brought along several great young players on the Rangers team just fine but because he doesn't immediately just give them all the icetime people get mad

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I don't particularly find that concerning unless the same thing repeats itself this season.

He started the season on a top scoring line, he got injured and was out of the lineup for a very long time. When he got back his place in the lineup was kind of shaky. For a rookie player this isn't crazy. I would have liked them to have leaned on him more and given him some more leash but I'm not up in arms about it unless he's getting buried in the lineup again next year when the Rangers really need some forwards to step up

e: still feel like people just ignore that AV has brought along several great young players on the Rangers team just fine but because he doesn't immediately just give them all the icetime people get mad

I find it concerning because several young NHLers have bolted for Russia or chosen to stay there this offseason. I'm sure it's on Pavel's mind at the least.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I am shocked that another younger player doesn't like AV's garbage usage of them

Shocked

How about not missing two months of the season with a back injury? How about making a play with the puck instead of fanning on the pass or the shot? Buchnevich was having a really good rookie year until he missed two months with s disc issue. By the time Buchnevich returned,he was in training camp mode while the rest of the team was in mid season form. That's not AV's fault. Buchnevich should be better in his 2nd NHL season.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I find it concerning because several young NHLers have bolted for Russia or chosen to stay there this offseason. I'm sure it's on Pavel's mind at the least.

He has a contract with the Rangers for the next 2 years, he technically can't bolt for the KHL while under contract to the Rangers.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Seems like a nothing quote-- it could be read as "I had a bunch of injury issues to start and after that never got comfortable as I moved around the lineup." Nothing damning, it's just a true statement.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
How about not missing two months of the season with a back injury? How about making a play with the puck instead of fanning on the pass or the shot? Buchnevich was having a really good rookie year until he missed two months with s disc issue. By the time Buchnevich returned,he was in training camp mode while the rest of the team was in mid season form. That's not AV's fault. Buchnevich should be better in his 2nd NHL season.

Sure, I don't disagree that what you're saying. He was injured, and needed to recover

I do disgaree with how AV chooses to handle certain younger players. Did Vesey deserve all the ice time he got last season? No, and I'm saying this as a massive Vesey fan

I also disagree with the fact that Buch got pulled out of the playoff lineup, even when he was playing well.

It sends the wrong message to these guys, and AV has a history of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad