Speculation: Roster Building Thread: New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Im a bit worried how our 4th line will perform next season. It was pretty much trash before Motte arrived last season. We really need Goodrow to bring that line to the next level. For Reaves + Carpenter money we could have basically had a Stastny and a Motte.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Opening night, book it:
Krediter-Ziba-Kravy
Laf-Tro-Kak
Panarin-Henriksson-Othman
Reeves-Chytil-Blais
Can't see Henriksson getting a roster spot at the start of the season, definitely not on the 3rd line. I think Blais will play higher and the 4th line will be some sort of combination of Hunt, Carpenter, Goodrow, Reaves

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Im a bit worried how our 4th line will perform next season. It was pretty much trash before Motte arrived last season. We really need Goodrow to bring that line to the next level. For Reaves + Carpenter money we could have basically had a Stastny and a Motte.

Does it matter? They'll have cap space at the deadline and bring in reinforcements for the end of the season/playoffs if needed.

And Carpenter's money is irrelevant.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Kravtsov is going to recreate this moment when Gallant makes him stay out there for pulling off the between the legs deke and driving to the net instead of passing on a 3 on 1
Just curious. If Kravtsov plays like shit and/or is meh at best AND gets beat out by somebody, are you going to admit he wasn't good enough to make the team, or do you have a list of pre planned excuses covering for him at every angle? Because I can't stand the guy, ( minus the talent) and I couldn't be rooting for him more to be awesome.

But if he sucks or is polyana milk toast, I hope you fess up to it.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Just curious. If Kravtsov plays like shit and/or is meh at best AND gets beat out by somebody, are you going to admit he wasn't good enough to make the team, or do you have a list of pre planned excuses covering for him at every angle? Because I can't stand the guy, ( minus the talent) and I couldn't be rooting for him more to be awesome.

Imagine trying to communicate with edjovo seriously on this subject matter.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

He is not beyond criticism, if you look back you’ll see I was always a Kravtsov Stan (I got roasted for proposing trading Kevin Hayes to move up & draft him) but I was one of the few people who did NOT side with him the first time he left to Russia. Even though I thought he was our best player in the 2019 preseason (and he was statistically) I thought he should’ve toughed it out in Hartford and criticized him on here as you’ll find if you search. The second time it happened I defended him because I noticed there is clearly a pattern with Drury/Hartford and young players and because of the pathetic players who made it over him.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Its only going to help the way Jones is viewed by the management, after he goes out and dominates this weekend.

All of the players around the league, rookies and vets alike have already started skating so why not put it into game/mini camp action and get it going - especially when you know you are going to show well and it puts you in better game shape for camp.

You can work out all summer long, but nothing compares to actual game minutes against another opponent. Its a different type of stress.

Thats the attitude you want to see.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Cuylle-Goodrow-Reaves would be a good banger line but can they sustain themselves consistently for the full 82? Probably not

Worried about the kid and reavo heading into the PO's but getting two similar players at the deadline should be relatively easy, no?

Reactions: AirGut

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
He is not beyond criticism, if you look back you’ll see I was always a Kravtsov Stan (I got roasted for proposing trading Kevin Hayes to move up & draft him) but I was one of the few people who did NOT side with him the first time he left to Russia. Even though I thought he was our best player in the 2019 preseason (and he was statistically) I thought he should’ve toughed it out in Hartford and criticized him on here as you’ll find if you search. The second time it happened I defended him because I noticed there is clearly a pattern with Drury/Hartford and young players and because of the pathetic players who made it over him.
But what if he sucks Eddy?

Personally, despite the rub he has given me - I think he'll do well in camp and of course I want to see him succeed. Of course.

It's about the finer details of the game, the system and his presence once things get rolling. How will he respond to the first benching, reduced minutes or tough love from Gallant (inevitable imo, for many reasons) if he isn't as focused defensively in a game or has a rough go of it for a short stretch? That's going to be real question.

But I must say, and this is very important - if that were the case and Kravstov didn't respond in the exact fashion we would like to see from him on the ice, or was just flat out MEH in the first portion - hell, even the first HALF of the season - I'd be a big fat hypocrite if I sat here and crushed him because I've been preaching patience with Kakko and Lafereniere (especially Kakko) and they've had a combined 300 games to get going.

Yes, Kravstov has his history with the club and you can blame either side or both for what transpired. But the fact of the matter is he is 22, not a NA native and has only 20 games under his belt. He should be given the same leash and patience as the other big draftees have had recently.

I'll leave the bashing to the other portion of fans who think Kakko's a bust. But it wont be me despite how I feel about the kid. The way the cap situation is it all has to be water under the bridge. Kravstov is an important part of this season and may be the unsung key for success.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Worried about the kid and reavo heading into the PO's but getting two similar players at the deadline should be relatively easy, no?
The Motte's and Vatrano's of the world should be easy to snatch up. I'm sure Drury already has a list of guys he's going to be eyeballing throughout the season.
Also hoping a Lundkvist deal goes through soon and we get a decent forward to add to the pile because I really don't want to resort to having to ice Vesey

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That Reaves contract is looking brutal right about now lol
Well, any contract that was even FAIR, signed pre COVID, is brutal in the flat cap.
This is a huge season for Kravtsov's NHL career. The Rangers need him so the opportunity will be there.

Trocheck replaces Strome.

The Rangers need to replace Copp, Vatrano and Motte.
The Rangers didn't have Copp, Vatrano and Motte till the deadline. If they replace them before that they are WAY ahead of the game. Addition of Kravtsov, replacing Strome with Trocheck as well as the growth and development of the young players already puts us a fair bit ahead of where we were starting last season. If any of Krav, Laf, KK or Chytil, never mind ALL of them, take off... well we won't need to add much if ANYTHING at the TDL...

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad