Speculation: Roster Building Thread: New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
but then we'll be f***ed, cap-wise. No win situation lol
If all of them go nuts, we buyout goodrow and we're fine. We have enough cap to bridge at least 1-2 and then pay full price for laf. and the cap potentially goes up next season, and again we'll have a bit more cap to work with.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I would not mind Stralman back here on a PTO. i can see Ben Harpur here on a PTO. Muscle and toughness for camp.
1663120307011.png

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I can't see us being unwilling to give him that contract. Dude waited too long and everyone's cap space evaporated. Worse places to land than Ottawa, though. That team will be competitive this season.
I don't think we were unwilling. More like incapable.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Zero vet presence outside of broken giroux. They're not scaring me yet.

However, I think they'd f*ck Toronto up.

Defense is a work in progress and their goaltending is questionable, but they've undoubtably gotten a lot better this offseason.

I can see it blowing up in their faces as is the case when you have that level of roster turn over, but they've done things that have made sense. It's honestly the route I would have rather gone rather than the JG game plan of THROW MONEY AT EVERYTHING BEFORE WE EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
That Reaves contract is looking brutal right about now lol

Yes. But it's only 1 more year. I would argue that Goodrows contract is one of the worst ones currently. I really like Goodrow, but that contract was not really that good the moment it was signed. And seeing for what good 3-4th liners are signing now....that contract is looking like an albatross lmao.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I can't see us being unwilling to give him that contract. Dude waited too long and everyone's cap space evaporated. Worse places to land than Ottawa, though. That team will be competitive this season.
That defense looks like shit though. They might be in games, but theyre still not a playoff team.

Reactions: Rongomania

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
New York Rangers — Vitali Kravtsov, RW: After it seemed like Kravtsov and the Rangers were barreling toward a divorce, he’s expected to compete for a job with the team and is likely to start the season on the roster. Kravtsov has the clear tools to be a top-six forward in the league due to his large frame and high-end offensive skills, but his consistency and pace issues have dogged him for years. If he can look like a player at camp, it will be a massive boost to the Rangers.

This is a huge season for Kravtsov's NHL career. The Rangers need him so the opportunity will be there.

Trocheck replaces Strome.

The Rangers need to replace Copp, Vatrano and Motte.

Maybe Cuylle can become a factor this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad