Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Ill take quality over quantity, Strome and Panarin are a known combination. None of those guys move the needle for me. I don't know why people cant just be happy that we can trot out 3 solid lines. I mean if Chytil is better in the 2c spot he will be there and id be fine with Strome with Laf and Gauthier. Strome is a short term solution and a pretty good one we got for nothing, im not sure why he gets dumped on so much, i guess people gotta hate on someone.

I do think you will see some movement, teams will have to do a better job of trading with each other to bail each other out instead of going through the expansion team. The last time around they literally gave the house all of the assets and created an instnt contender. Think Vegas sold off more than they should in terms of draft capital, but they are still solid. So Seattle should have more of an uphill battle.

As far as the Rangers go, to me there is an open forward slot for protection purposes. Does a guy grab it and earn it internally? Is there a trade for a youngish player that can support the new core from another team that can be an option? Time will tell.

But this go around, I think teams, especially those out west, would be better off giving a team in the east picks to take a guy instead of another team that can use it against you 4 straight years to grab a division title or a playoff spot while being a cup contender.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
You keep claiming an animus I've never expressed.

Its almost as if you can't address the actual issue that Panarin has earned Strome's money, not Strome.

I get it, you don't like him. Pretending he isn't contributing on that line is silly.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
But I was told by many posters that Kreider was a lock for the C. Hopefully Brooks is right, don't want Chris with the C.

The only thing this impacts for fans is whether or not they get a letter on their next jersey. Who cares who wears the C... Kreider, Zibanejad, Trouba... It's all the same for us.

Reactions: TominNC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad