Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so it was the same as the MLB owners in the end. Couldn’t get the players to take another pay cut so they bullshit enough time away to cut down on the agreed upon schedule.

there was never an agreed upon schedule so not sure what you are talking about. the original deal when they returned to play was that it will be a flat cap until they get back to 50/50. so the players were being asked to defer more now (which they would get back later) which would have gotten us back to even sooner. but at the end of the day it all evens out. this just likely means more years stuck at 81.5 mil

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Agreed upon schedule?

Wrong wording. There was agreed upon financial split for the season and a mutual commitment to start the season by December/Jan. Everyone talked about 60 games. Now it’s slowly creeping towards 48? Maybe.

which is the same strategy baseball owners used. They got the split they wanted but then still came back to delay. Because from their point of view, they lose per game. So 48 is better than 60

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Rangers finally did things the right way and built a young core, and it just so happens to be while the league has a flat cap for the next half decade

Unbelievable

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
I think Duclair will hit the 40 goal mark in his next full season ! If he does not see his next full season as his last chance for a big pay day then he never will see it and or fulfill his potential as a goalscorer . All the tools....but questionable toolbox.

Isn't he unsigned still?

Reactions: leetch99

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think Duclair will hit the 40 goal mark in his next full season ! If he does not see his next full season as his last chance for a big pay day then he never will see it and or fulfill his potential as a goalscorer . All the tools....but questionable toolbox.

I don't see it, he isn't a reliable defensive player. He could cash out very nicely in the Swiss league in the long run, but I don't see a team giving him term. To me he's a situational player that is best off the rush or in transition. He's a very gifted offensive player, and a guy who can take on any defenseman in world off the rush, but there is more to the game than that in the NHL.

In Europe, he would be a star imo. Especially with a team that likes to run and gun.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Is Athanasiou actually alright on the penalty kill, or does he just score a really funny short-handed goal or two a season (usually against the Rangers)? That's the name I keep circling back to because I think the forward group is a little slow, I get that he's a mess of a player though.

I don't know if I would go for AA. All the wheels. If Duclair fits well with Swiss hockey, I could see stardom for AA in the KHL. Seriously with his skating ability, more ice, and a game that has more skating; dude would do well there.

I think you are going to start seeing the <$900K 1-Year deals, and these middle six guys can make more in Europe. Especially with the taxes.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
56 games?

Each one is gonna be big. Any word on the re-conferencing for this season to reduce plane travel?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
But are they realigning any of the divisions?

Damn teams are gonna get some bad blood going with that many games.

yes the divisions will be changed. it will be all within the division so they can create a canadian division and avoid issues crossing the border. but that still needs approval.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
also now that we THINK we know that it will be a 56 game season...

in terms of expansion requirements....the exposure requirement is 40 games this year or 70 games over the last 2 years. 56 games is 68% of a season. last year teams played 68-71 games, lets round it and say 75%. common sense says those thresholds will be adjusted accordingly, its the nhl so common sense rarely applies. but if it does its possible that bitetto would have to play as few as 1 game to meet the threshold for us.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
But are they realigning any of the divisions?

Damn teams are gonna get some bad blood going with that many games.

EouLZZhUwAI0x1f

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Looking at the proposed divisions, it just makes me hope we could go with a realigment where Seattle joins the Canadian division to make up the 8-team divisional format.

1-16 seeding for the play offs, with a 2-3-2 schedule to limit traveling.

Reactions: BKGooner

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Looking at the proposed divisions, it just makes me hope we could go with a realigment where Seattle joins the Canadian division to make up the 8-team divisional format.

1-16 seeding for the play offs, with a 2-3-2 schedule to limit traveling.

1-16 seeding will never, ever happen again. I know it barely matters for you, but teams don't want to play playoff games 3 time zones away because they lose some of their TV audience. That's also the same reason they're never going to go with a Canadian division permanently.

Frankly, I hope that they move to a 1-4 seeding without wild cards, or have a 4v5 play-in (still just within their divisions).

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Wonder what happens with AHL? Taxi squads? Black Aces? Cap implications? More loans to Europe? Also, this will likely have a big impact on anything about to happen to rosters (UFAs and trades) before quarantine and camps begin. Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad