Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Is Athanasiou actually alright on the penalty kill, or does he just score a really funny shorthanded goal or two a season (usually against the Rangers)? That's the name I keep circling back to because I think the forward group is a little slow, I get that he's a mess of a player though.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
K'Andre doesn't turn 21 until January so he has never tasted beer.
Yes LOL...probably not . I actually waited until I was 18 which was the legal age here before I tried it . I likely was a rarity . My brother who skipped a grade was 16 in his first year at the same university and at the same dorm where I was...he tried it[because I did of course] and he ended up making a fool of himself . The university basketball team took advantage of him and had him attempting an Olympic Sit Up....it was hilarious . He fared out well in life though....retired last year at 56 as a Lieutenant-Colonel and an awesome pension ....meanwhile I slave every day LOL....[ sorry...got long winded LOL]

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Thirty One...I can't stop laughing after Googling "Olympic Sit Up" ....think I will send it to my brother ....LMAO.... Plus he is an Islander fan !!!

Reactions: Thirty One

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I think Duclair will hit the 40 goal mark in his next full season ! If he does not see his next full season as his last chance for a big pay day then he never will see it and or fulfill his potential as a goalscorer . All the tools....but questionable toolbox.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think Duclair will hit the 40 goal mark in his next full season ! If he does not see his next full season as his last chance for a big pay day then he never will see it and or fulfill his potential as a goalscorer . All the tools....but questionable toolbox.

I've seen some bold predictions but this is the boldest since that one guy kept trying to convince me that Evgeny Artyukhin was a budding superstar.

Reactions: leetch99 and Cmox

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
As much as i believe Miller should play at least half a season in the AHL, I am so tired of the “he’s only been playing D a few years argument.” How many years is enough? 6 is a decent amount i feel. He shouldnt be in the NHL because he has no professional experience and needs to learn in the AHL for a bit before getting a call up.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
As much as i believe Miller should play at least half a season in the AHL, I am so tired of the “he’s only been playing D a few years argument.” How many years is enough? 6 is a decent amount i feel. He shouldnt be in the NHL because he has no professional experience and needs to learn in the AHL for a bit before getting a call up.

The answer I think as usual is that it depends on the player.

Miller is getting discussed for the NHL because he has the physical potential to play regardless of his undeveloped game.

Same reason Chris Kreider was able to jump right into the NHL (Albeit with struggles) and play in the World Championships while still in college.

The question is always with players like that, does forcing them into the NHL without proper coaching stunt their development or lead to the development of bad habits, such as relying too much on your physical attributes such that you never reach your full potential as a well rounded player.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Miller is “likely” to make the team because we have 1 capable NHL LD on the roster

He probably shouldn’t make the team but I wouldn’t be surprised if he does.

In an ideal world you leave him in Hartford for the year and don’t even think about calling him up
In general, I’d agree. But maybe the Braintrust is confident in Miller’s makeup. That he wouldn’t wilt under pressure or adversity. Haven’t heard or seen him enough to make any guesses myself.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I've seen some bold predictions but this is the boldest since that one guy kept trying to convince me that Evgeny Artyukhin was a budding superstar.
I figure it will be his last opportunity ... under the right conditions though he is capable .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Good way to set them down a very negative path in life at a very early age. Not fair to the kids at all.
LOL...I met Bob Probert in a bar one night...and I was somewhat intoxicated ! LOL...he was one scary looking guy . He was with Gerard Gallant . Probert was an imposing figure in that bar .

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
This will...never happen.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
At this point, the AHL may simply not play this year. Taxi squads a more likely outcome.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad