Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVII: Another Thread Bites The Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Depends on how many millions "millions he'd have to leave on the table" is.

45 million vs. 40 million may not be that big of a deal.

45 million vs 36 million might be getting to be more of a big deal for him.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Can't give Jumbo that much at this point in his career. Just can't do it.

He said it was for 2 years. I don't see what we are doing with all this cap space over the next 2 season. Thornton would best fill the Stepan role. Other than him, we'll likely end up overpaying for bottom line Bonino or for injury prone Hanzal.

I'd rather get Thornton in here for 2 X 6 then Hanzal or Bonino at 4 X 4.

Thornton on a 2 year deal, with all our cap space, would be great. I just don't think that term will do it though if all these teams are interested.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Do we have the space for a Thornton-Marleau package deal? They've been playing together for like a decade. We'll always have that Rangers country club reputation no matter what we actually do. If those guys are best bros (I have no idea) it could be a bit of a discount, relatively speaking.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hope they look to add Kruger at this point. Chicago still needs to get under the cap. 3 million for the next few seasons. Solid bottom 6 player, could slide into a 3rd line role if needed.

If they go cheap on a 3C, could be a nice option for the next few seasons at a tweener 3C/4C.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Do we have the space for a Thornton-Marleau package deal? They've been playing together for like a decade. We'll always have that Rangers country club reputation no matter what we actually do. If those guys are best bros (I have no idea) it could be a bit of a discount, relatively speaking.
We do imo but where do they play in the lineup? Plus who moves down? Vesey?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Wasn't it just a week or two ago Larry was saying we weren't interested in Shatty?

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017
My head would literally blow up by the confusion of trading Stepan then "replacing" him by signing Jumbo to a multi year contract at a similar salary.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Didn't RangerBoy say that Kruger was going to Vegas on July 15 after his bonus is paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad