Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVII: Another Thread Bites The Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
We've been spoiled with Talbot and Raanta.

Want no part of Pavelec. Been a strange off season.

Isn't part of why we've been spoiled, at least to some degree, b/c of our magnificent goaltending coach?

BA signed off on this move, if it indeed goes down. He thinks he can fix Pavelec. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Isn't part of why we've been spoiled, at least to some degree, b/c of our magnificent goaltending coach?

BA signed off on this move, if it indeed goes down. He thinks he can fix Pavelec. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Wasn't Pavelec pretty good in the Q? They must see something

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
In fairness to Pavelec, he's played his entire career behind bad teams.

Still not my first choice, but he's not expected to be the starter and the Rangers clearly want someone they know is capable of playing at least 20-25 games.

I trust Allaire to work with Pavelec. As long as he comes cheap and can be league average, that's all we need. He won't be expected to start and will get the easier matchups, as back ups do. We'll see, but I would expect him to improve basically anywhere he goes after leaving the trash franchise he's played for his entire career.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Mark Stone agrees to 3Y AAV 3.5M w/ CGY

Interesting. I had just brought up in here Stone a few hours ago as a possibility for JG to sniff around with. Most of you guys poo pooed the idea.

At $3.5 per for 3, that would have been too rich for my blood for Stone and I would have dissed it as well. I was thinking maybe he'd go for 2.5 x 3....oh well...no biggie

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

BA is great...I just don't think Pavelec is a winner. Hanks 35. Need someone the team can lean on as a backup. I don't see Pavelec as that guy.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Wait for it....

If it can't be Nilsson, all all the remaining backups available, I could live with Pavelec who likely would do just fine with Benny's coaching and playing behind a team that should be as good as our should be with a much improved back end.

So yeah, let's get Pavelec and move on.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Between you two, RB, silverfish and Auf you guys all have the classic avatar that makes it easier to spot posts

Absolutely definitely helps when you're trying to go through different threads trying to find a Post from one of the classics. I'm pretty sure sbob has rock that one for at least 15 years

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I think Pavelec will be a good backup, he wasn't my first choice but he's much better then some of the guys liked in these threads like Kuemper, Kinkaid, Condon etc...

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Wait isn't his lifetime SV% like .900?

Playing behind the sieve like Winnipeg Jets defense all those year, Pavelec at a .900 Save % is like .915 for most other goalies in normal situations.

Seriously, I've watched a ton of Jets games over the Jets over the years thx to NHL Center Ice and trust me when I say this, Pavelec is not as bad as the stats state. That team has always given up a ton of goals, fwds don't back check and their back end despite some talented players like Buff,Trouba,Enstrom really isn't that good defensively.

Benny will fix whatever ailed Pavelec. He'd be a good booby prize if Nilsson can't be signed.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Well said. McKenzie is the most credible person there is. Hell, I think he is more credible than half of NHL GM's. :laugh:

I think it must be point out that McKenzie reports stuff 15 minutes before it happen. Or a hour or two before its official. How come? He is a mouthpiece. Always defending Bettman. He really stormed into rescue Campbell for those insane emails (the top guy calling ref's names for calling a penalty on his son, nothing is wrong with that? Really?). When the league and the PA for a second time in less than a decade couldn't agree on a CBA and a second NHL season was threatened -- with the only losers being the fans -- McKenzie literary went out and defended everyone bla bla bla.

I saw someone write something like "if Brooks has good sources, how come McKenzie broke the Stepan trade?" Brooks had the Rangers considering moving Stepan like 2 weeks before the trade. That was good info, and high quality. Who cares about if its Dreger or McKenzie who breaks a trade like 2 hours before its official? That is worthless info, completely worthless. These guys get info directly from the HQ.

McKenzie is credibly because he only reports done deals. How can that be compared to people reporting talks? Interest in players? And so forth. Apples and oranges.

Ask anyone here, if a reporter get a word of a team talking to another team, do they want to know about it? Ohhh yeeess of course we do would be anyone's answer. Last season there where like 3-4 hockey trades. I bet there where literary 1,000 conversions about deals between GMs. Then the same kids who wants to hear about the talk blows a fuse if no trade is made. I think its pretty sick to be honest. HF should do something about it. Why can you not trash a poster at this place but its OK to trash a journalist?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Playing behind the sieve like Winnipeg Jets defense all those year, Pavelec at a .900 Save % is like .915 for most other goalies in normal situations.

Seriously, I've watched a ton of Jets games over the Jets over the years thx to NHL Center Ice and trust me when I say this, Pavelec is not as bad as the stats state. That team has always given up a ton of goals, fwds don't back check and their back end despite some talented players like Buff,Trouba,Enstrom really isn't that good defensively.

Benny will fix whatever ailed Pavelec. He'd be a good booby prize if Nilsson can't be signed.

Jets have always been my 2nd gave nhl team, old and new, watched spot of their games and I have to agree with you. I like Pavelec, as long as he's healthy he's a good backup that could even be one of the league's best backups with Allaire and Hank to feed off of.

That said, I have not worried about Rangers backup goalie in over a decade. We always get some good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad