Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
gonna be lots of battles at camp this year.wild cards to Rodin,Juolivi,Goldy ect pushing for spots,might force jimbo into making a trade or 2.
Just wish our forwards had more grit.Gonna be a long season.

Juolevi should get his 9 games before we ship him out to a European team. He can't grow much more in the OHL again.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I have a feeling Rodin is going to get a raw deal. Will start the year sitting in the press box or getting 6 minute games with Dorsett and the like. Frustrating since he should be given every opportunity to succeed but will need an injury to get a real look. The Gagner signing was so asinine.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Rodin will be 27 this year, its time for him to be an NHL player or not. Regardless of where he plays in the lineup.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Unless he makes the team.whats the news on rodin,,i liked what i seen from him,before he was re iÃ…„jured.and im not sure about burmistrov,,whats everyones take on these guys,,

I remember last year people were saying Rodin was going to be our Panarin :laugh:

He's a skilled shifty winger. Will need him to stay healthy to see what he's really all about.

I think the Burmistrov signing was pretty underrated. He has some familiarity with our new PP coach Newell Brown so maybe we'll see him get some ice time there.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
gonna be lots of battles at camp this year.wild cards to Rodin,Juolivi,Goldy ect pushing for spots,might force jimbo into making a trade or 2.
Just wish our forwards had more grit.Gonna be a long season.

When you finally have a minimum semblance of depth, why would you want to go out and immediately trade it away. Evaluate what you have in NHL action first.

You know the injuries are right around the corner. If you demote a few talented players, when the injury bug bites you can replace them with guys you know can reasonably step in for the time being. If you trade them, your call-ups will flat out suck as the talent pool in Utica after those sent down is very weak.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
wow good thing thats ur summer line up
cause come fall the twins will be on either the top line or the second,,and gadjovick will be back in jr.Boeser,will be in the line up,and hopfully dorsett and sutter are moved.

Says who? I think the Sedins should be on the 3rd line, or maybe split up one on the second one on the 3rd.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Says who? I think the Sedins should be on the 3rd line, or maybe split up one on the second one on the 3rd.

Unlikely they will on the 3rd line and even more unlikely they will be split.

I think Horvat's line with Sven and the Sedins with Sutter will split top like minutes in a 1a/1b sorta role.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I just dunno. There's just no credible arrangement of forwards that doesn't have a ton of crap or question marks.

Best lineup we can make with the players we have right now is probably as follows:

Sedin-Sedin-Gagner
Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson
Goldobin-Gaunce-Boucher
Granlund-Burmistrov-Sutter

Edler-Stecher
Hutton-Tanev
DelZotto-Biega

Markstrom

That's still a bottom feeder team. I don't even know that this is any better than Vegas.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Here is what I would like to see

Sven-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Goldobin
Granlund-Gagne-Erkisson
Gaunce-Sutter-Virtanen

Elder-Stecher
Hutton-Tanev
Del Zotto- Gud

It mixes the young guys in getting hem experience.

Also since we don't have any really high end scoring I think I lineup like this could work by balancing icetime keeping everyone fresh.

Say minute wise 18-16-14-12 with sitter getting some extra time on the Pk. Perhaps even 18-15-14-13 to keep the Sedins fresh all season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If I'm trying to make the most competitive roster, it's something like :

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Granlund
Gaunce-Sutter-Eriksson (would prefer Gaunce at center here but it'll never happen)
Gagner-Burmistrov-Dorsett (Gagner to be used as Swiss Army Knife with lots of PP time and shifted around top-9 as injuries happen, which will be pretty much all the time)

Would prefer something other than Dorsett, but you know he'll play. Could flip Eriksson and Granlund. I don't see a great way to get both Goldobin and Boeser quality icetime and still ice some sort of defensive/matchup line.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Even on paper it looks like garbage

The forwards and D look like an improvement over last year...(but they look far from imposing)....The wildcard is the loss of Ryan Miller,who singlehandedly won games they had no business being in,the last two seasons.....If Markstrom craps the bed..watch out.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
If I'm trying to make the most competitive roster, it's something like :

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Granlund
Gaunce-Sutter-Eriksson (would prefer Gaunce at center here but it'll never happen)
Gagner-Burmistrov-Dorsett (Gagner to be used as Swiss Army Knife with lots of PP time and shifted around top-9 as injuries happen, which will be pretty much all the time)

Would prefer something other than Dorsett, but you know he'll play. Could flip Eriksson and Granlund. I don't see a great way to get both Goldobin and Boeser quality icetime and still ice some sort of defensive/matchup line.

Burmistrov over Chaput?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Those forward lines are atrocious. Huge holes left by the trade of Hansen and Burrows, although the Burrows trade was definitely worth it. There is nothing good about that lineup. It's somehow both old and inexperienced and likely the softest roster in the league. Probably the least physical lineup the Canucks have ever iced in over 45 years. It has a few fast players but it's not a fast lineup and we will be lucky to have two 20 goal scorers. I don't think we have a single penalty killing winger either unless you count Gaunce as a winger.

Defense could be a bit better than last year but when injuries strike as usual it's gonna look really ugly. Goaltending will be worse but I'm happy that Miller is finally gone. Looks like a team that traded everyone away for more draft picks while tanking for a generational talent except we did neither. Year 4 of spinning the wheels and adding barely any extra draft picks while simultaneously trying to retool and make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad