Roster and Fantasy GM Thread: Pre-Draft Silly Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
With Brock being able to lead his own line (with Gagner and Vanek), what do you guys/gals think about putting Jake on Bo's line when he comes back? Bo and Jake flying down the wings would be fun to see I think. Maybe put Guance in there to be a defensive presence and to crash hard to the net.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldn't mind taking a run at Kris Letang, this is a player that's been the second most productive defender of this era behind only Erik Karlsson. He's having a rough season, but this is a player that's been regarded as a number 1 defender for the past ~5 years. Having Chris Tanev on this team allows Letang to get easier deployment and can help anchor this teams power play for the next 5 years.

If you're able to "buy low" on him at the price of Alex Edler, Brandon Sutter and a young piece not named Horvat, Pettersson, Juolevi or Boeser I'd do it. A top 4 offensive minded RHD has been what this team has needed for as long as I can remember. He obviously has an extensive injury history and is on a pretty rich contract, but if they're able to move Sutter in this deal I wouldn't worry as much about Letangs cap hit.

Just spit balling here.

I would do it too. But Letang's injury history + the Canucks curse, I fear for his health and safety.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I would do it too. But Letang's injury history + the Canucks curse, I fear for his health and safety.

He is a pretty awesome player, if an injury prone guy like Markov could muster a couple solid seasons after what seemed like a career of shortened seasons than who knows....... Letang could be awesome value IF we were to buy low

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Next year:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser (no need to break this up)
Eriksson-Sutter-Pettersson (eats up minutes, responsible, good place for Pettersson)
Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen (1-year deals for the Sedins and provides Virtanen with good minutes)
Granlund-Gaunce-Gagner (versatility line, all players could be deployed in various roles)
Goldobin

Pettersson and Virtanen could potentially swap lines depending on how things gel.

Edler-Stecher
Hutton-Tanev
Del Zotto-Pouliot
Biega

Markstrom
Demko

Traded: Vanek, Gudbranson, Nielson
Continue to rebuild and transition. Consider making a big splash to acquire difference-making defencemen.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Hope to see Gaudette sign at the end of the season, like Brock did

Want to see Goldobin force his way as a mainstay on the top 9 by training camp next season

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Pettersuttersen would be an amazing line
One guy straight up owning the ice and driving the play, the other guy skating pretty hard but not really accomplishing much

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
It’s too bad really. Saddling Pettersson with a 4C isn’t good for his development.

Sometimes adversity is good for a player ;)

Watching those two would be like watching a jet pack tied to an anchor. Would EP drag Sutter past 40 points for once or would the blackhole take over?

Reactions: y2kcanucks

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
"It is better to remain silent and be thohght of as a fool, than to speak out loud and remove all doubt. "

- mark twain

Actually...
"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." Proverbs 17:28

Then Abraham Lincoln...
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Then Mark Twain...
“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

But then...
``Appropriate remarks are meant to be appropriated; and originality is little more than skill in concealing origins.``
—C. E. M. Joad.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
I would take a flyer on him.

Hutton for duclair

Granlund for duclair?

He’s too similar to Goldobin in where his place would be on the team. Not better than Baertschi, and would rather not have one of Duclair/Goldobin in the bottom six. Would rather just move Granny for picks and sign a bottom six guy to replace him (Winnik type) and trade that guy the next year as well. Duke doesn’t move the needle enough, we need to quit moving assets for assets that are busting.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I would take a run at DuClair. We need some speed.

Edler Gudbranson Granlund Goldobin Vanek need to be packaged for a couple solid pieces or with a possible cap dump to get 1st rounders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad