Rogers Place Construction - Part VII - Now with more corporate sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Goal horn from rexall place will be used in Rogers place

Yes!!!

Really not sure why there are people who don't like it or think it's lame. I love it! It's loud, it's exciting, it's bright - and for me as an audiophile, the Rexall goal horn is part of what stimulated my interest in hockey. I actually didn't know that the Oilers (or any team) had a goal horn when I went to my first ever game in 2005, so it made me jump when it went off after Marc Andre Bergeron opened the scoring. :)

And besides, it's a unique and a quintessential Oilers sound. I would have flipped out if they had gone with the copy-and-paste monotone tugboat horn that Toronto, Boston, St. Louis, Tampa, Philly, and Columbus all use.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Glad to see the Oil Derrick gone. Was cool with the flames shooting out of it eons ago but then we aren't the Flames....with the lights and smoke it always looked to me like something you'd expect to see in the ECHL. Not sure they need anything to skate out of anyway.

Instead I am hoping they have the projection system that turns the ice into a giant screen like in Montreal, that would be much cooler as an opening when combined with music that actually gets your adrenaline pumping rather than the junk they've played the past few years which would be more suitable for a Celebration of Life than a hockey game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Glad to see the Oil Derrick gone. Was cool with the flames shooting out of it eons ago but then we aren't the Flames....with the lights and smoke it always looked to me like something you'd expect to see in the ECHL. Not sure they need anything to skate out of anyway.

Instead I am hoping they have the projection system that turns the ice into a giant screen like in Montreal, that would be much cooler as an opening when combined with music that actually gets your adrenaline pumping rather than the junk they've played the past few years which would be more suitable for a Celebration of Life than a hockey game.

I agree.

The Oil derrick was a gimmick that went past its best before date.

I kept waiting for a new Oiler player to clothesline himself on it. :help:

Some of the video effects are a little more in line with recent technology and offer much more in terms of a pre game experience IMO.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
^ the Oilers will have one of the best (if not best) ice projection systems in the league. This will be used every game unlike a lot of teams that rent them for home openers or special occasions.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I agree.

The Oil derrick was a gimmick that went past its best before date.

I kept waiting for a new Oiler player to clothesline himself on it. :help:

Some of the video effects are a little more in line with recent technology and offer much more in terms of a pre game experience IMO.

This fiasco probably helped motivate the team to get rid of it.

Could have been a disaster.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Rexall Place red line (used since 1981):
OBnxNDQ.jpg

Rogers Place:
Qs6dfv6.jpg

Little oil drops would have looked neat. Oh well.

Last edited:

Timo

May 23, 2007
Edmonton
Like that they're going with select Oilers and minor hockey kids for the first skate.

To the people who are criticle of them doing a special event for the first skate on Rogers place ice, you need to understand that we could be an organization that doesn't care.. Or we can start/continue being an organization that cherishes what it does, is classy, and makes what they do special.

And for the people still referencing the "tier" comments, it was a great joke and a senseless comment at the time, but I think it's time to retire it and enjoy the positivity surrounding a new era for the team and the city of Edmonton.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They should get these:

I saw these in action at the Super Bowl in Phoenix a couple years ago and they are - awesome -
I want to install one for my bar downstairs.

As for Pepsi at Rogers all I can say is the saying goes "Rum & Coke", not Rum & Crap.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Is there a list of the food vendors and a map of where they are located yet? And how many of the good places are going to be in areas only gold club members or whatever can get to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad