Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

RPconstructionupdate1.jpg

http://assets.rogersplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/15065550/RPconstructionupdate1.jpg

RPconstructionupdate2.jpg

http://assets.rogersplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/15065553/RPconstructionupdate2.jpg

RPconstructionupdate3.jpg

http://assets.rogersplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/15065555/RPconstructionupdate3.jpg

RPconstructionupdate4.jpg

http://assets.rogersplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/15065558/RPconstructionupdate4.jpg

Dare I say it, but I think he have an aesthetically pleasing arena on our hands.

Damn this rink looks nice. Going to many Oilers games is a bit out of my price bracket, but I'll definitely be more interested in checking out other events just to see the rink.

The difference between this and Rexall is stunning.

That sounds really dumb.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Rogers Place ‏@RogersPlace
#RogersPlace Winter Garden renamed Ford Hall as #Oilers Ent Group announces multi-year extension with @FordCanada.

Ford Hall is #RogersPlace's 25000 sq-ft grand atrium entrance, a gathering place prior to & during events & venue for stand-alone events.

#Oilers Ent Group's partnership extension with @FordCanada will also include vehicle & technology activations inside #RogersPlace.

I refuse to call it by some lame ass corporate moniker. I'll be calling it the Winter Garden thank you very much.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I think I'm going to have to do some horrible things to be able to go to a game this season...but they will be worth it. My god that rink is beautiful. It really will be the gold standard in the league.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Ford Hall at Rogers Place in Rexall Ice District in downtown Edmonton presented by Subway in the Province of Suncor Alberta

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
I was thinking the same thing, curious why they went with Ford Hall.

Same reason it's Rogers Centre and not Rogers Coliseum or something. It's because the corporations splashing money on this stuff want to ensure you use the whole name when it's mentioned. Otherwise everyone would just call it "the Winter Garden". The formula is always (Corporation Name)+(generic noun)

6GJo1.gif

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Same reason it's Rogers Centre and not Rogers Coliseum or something. It's because the corporations splashing money on this stuff want to ensure you use the whole name when it's mentioned. Otherwise everyone would just call it "the Winter Garden". The formula is always (Corporation Name)+(generic noun)

6GJo1.gif

Obviously, I was just curious if the focus grouped it or something. Eitherway it should be fine, and I fully expect the EOG to licences as much as they can.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Obviously, I was just curious if the focus grouped it or something. Eitherway it should be fine, and I fully expect the EOG to licences as much as they can.

Of course, it's still gross. The fact that not a dime of this goes into the City coffers despite it paying the freight is just further insult.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Ford Hall? lame name haha

the Ford Winter Garden sounds a little better

Winter Garden sounded pretty dang good.

Ford Hall is disgusting.

I agree they should have called it the ford winter garden.
the Katz people are probably trying to avoid having people call it the winter garden and omitting the name Ford.

think about it. that beautiful mosaic is going to be covered with crappy trucks.
you can't tell me they won't have vehicles all over the place in there.

another reason for people to laugh at us. "ford hall" ~sigh~

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

Ford Hall is disgusting.

the Katz people are probably trying to avoid having people call it the winter garden and omitting the name Ford.

think about it. that beautiful mosaic is going to be covered with crappy trucks.

For as long as the Islanders still have an SUV with front row seats to their game, nobody is going to laugh at us having some out there.

Trade Hall, call new building Ford Hall...

ps Fix Or Repair Daily?

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

Ford Hall is disgusting.

I would Imagine that Ford purchased the naming rights to the "Hall". So the Ford "people" are the ones wanting you to call it "Ford Hall", Katz could probably care less what they call it as long as they pay him.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I would Imagine that Ford purchased the naming rights to the "Hall". So the Ford "people" are the ones wanting you to call it "Ford Hall", Katz could probably care less what they call it as long as they pay him.

Katz is already going to make tons of money already. you'd think his group would have been ok with it remaining the winter garden in some capacity.
They could have had conditions on what it could be named.

Ford Hall has no class. sounds like a Quonset hut.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I will absolutely not be calling it Ford Hall. I am tired of nondescript names so we're forced to use the corporate name.

I'm calling the whole arena the Edmonton Winter Gardens and I'm going to stick with that. No Roger's Place. No Ford Hall. **** that.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Ford Hall is absolutely awful, I'll stick to winter garden.

As much of a ***** as I've been about this project, sitting at Commonwealth for an Eskimos game and seeing the arena in the skyline really made it hit home what a big thing this is. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

I'm legit looking forward to taking in some events and seeing the continued development.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Wow, you guys sure get excited easily!! No one but OEG staff are going to call it Ford Hall, the Wintergarden moniker will be used 99.9% of the time. Does anyone here go Brick Field to watch the Esks? No, everyone still and will always call it Commonwealth Stadium.

I disagree. I think the majority of people will be calling it Ford Hall. people from outside Edmonton won't know it as any other name. the city will have to use it, tv people will have to use it.

even edmontonians will likely use it. they haven't had the name exposed to them like people on this site have.
I could ask the next 10 people I see here at work "what's the name of the multi-use facility attached to the new Edmonton arena?", and I bet 8 of them wouldn't be able to tell me winter garden.

also, brick field isn't a good comparison. for starters, they incorporated the name "commonwealth stadium", it's not just Brick Field. second, it's not a name change for the facility, just a name used during eskimo games.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Wow, you guys sure get excited easily!! No one but OEG staff are going to call it Ford Hall, the Wintergarden moniker will be used 99.9% of the time. Does anyone here go Brick Field to watch the Esks? No, everyone still and will always call it Commonwealth Stadium.

Bird's eye view of Stantec Tower:
CnwEr5iUsAAZww1.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/sueflett1/status/755484025133813760

what is the beam structure directly above the Stantec tower? just part of the building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad