Rocket Moving again

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Yes, but still pathetic. His point is valid about the Rocket being mismanaged.

K let's look at NHL production from the QMJHL drafts since the PEI first drafted:

Rimouski
Drummondville
Val-D'or 3
Lewiston (1game)
Acadie-Bathurst (3gp)
Drummondville
Chicoutimi
Moncton
PEI
Quebec 2

Cape Breton
Lewiston
Victoriaville (6gp)
Chicoutimi (6gp)
Moncton 3

Saint John
Lewiston (10gp)
Rimouski (29gp)
Rouyn-Noranda
Acadie-Bathurst (20gp)

Saint John (5gp)
Rimouski 3 (2gp) (37gp)
Victoriaville (20gp)
St. John's
Cape Breton (2gp)
Quebec (1gp)
Drummondville (13gp)
Lewiston

Saint John
Baie-Comeau 2 (35gp)
Val-D'or 3 (7gp)
St. John's (14gp)
Quebec (2gp)

Drummondville
Saint John (6gp)

Saint John (Wouldn't report anywhere but Saint John if I remember correctly)
Gatineau (3gp)

2010 Draft - 1 player Stefan Matteau who never played with the team that drafted him, he played with the team that his dad coached with & was released by them for being an idiot. He wasn't reporting to the Q until his dad was a coach on a Q team so does he really count?

So for quick totals:
Val-d'Or - 6
Saint John - 5
Rimouski - 5
Drummondville - 4
Lewiston - 4
Moncton - 4
Quebec - 3
Cape Breton - 2
Victoriaville - 2
Acadie-Bathurst - 2
Chicoutimi - 2
St. John's - 2
Baie-Comeau - 2
PEI - 1
Gatineau - 1
Rouyn-Noranda - 1

Sorry Halifax but you have to fold your team...

Edit: I'll just add a blurb about this, my stance on this is obvious with the above there ^^ but I'll say it anyway. NHL production has nothing to do with QMJHL drafting. That's like saying Ben Duffy was a bad QMJHL draft pick because he's not going to be an NHLer. He's been a top QMJHL player for 3 years now...

Last edited:

byrone12

Aug 2, 2005
K let's look at NHL production from the QMJHL drafts since the PEI first drafted:

Rimouski
Drummondville
Val-D'or 3
Lewiston (1game)
Acadie-Bathurst (3gp)
Drummondville
Chicoutimi
Moncton
PEI
Quebec 2

Cape Breton
Lewiston
Victoriaville (6gp)
Chicoutimi (6gp)
Moncton 3

Saint John
Lewiston (10gp)
Rimouski (29gp)
Rouyn-Noranda
Acadie-Bathurst (20gp)

Saint John (5gp)
Rimouski 3 (2gp) (37gp)
Victoriaville (20gp)
St. John's
Cape Breton (2gp)
Quebec (1gp)
Drummondville (13gp)
Lewiston

Saint John
Baie-Comeau 2 (35gp)
Val-D'or 3 (7gp)
St. John's (14gp)
Quebec (2gp)

Drummondville
Saint John (6gp)

Gatineau (3gp)

2010 Draft - 1 player Stefan Matteau who never played with the team that drafted him, he played with the team that his dad coached with & was released by them for being an idiot. He wasn't reporting to the Q until his dad was a coach on a Q team so does he really count?

So for quick totals:
Val-d'Or - 6
Saint John - 5
Rimouski - 5
Drummondville - 4
Lewiston - 4
Moncton - 4
Quebec - 3
Cape Breton - 2
Victoriaville - 2
Acadie-Bathurst - 2
Chicoutimi - 2
St. John's - 2
Baie-Comeau - 2
PEI - 1
Gatineau - 1
Rouyn-Noranda - 1

Edit: I'll just add a blurb about this, my stance on this is obvious with the above there ^^ but I'll say it anyway. NHL production has nothing to do with QMJHL drafting. That's like saying Ben Duffy was a bad QMJHL draft pick because he's not going to be an NHLer. He's been a top QMJHL player for 3 years now...

By what metric would you measure the success of the PEI Rocket?

Regular season record?

Playoff victories?

Record of developing players (alumni in NHL)?

The team had their best season this year, out of ten seasons. They finished seventh overall. And lost in the first round. And that was considered successful.

If that impresses anyone, well...

With sixty CHL franchises, has there been one worse over the past decade?

byrone12

Aug 2, 2005
It answered your condescending question, no?

Nothing condescending about the question.

If Gragnani is the culmination of all the production of the PEI Rocket, wow.:(

The only condescending issue currently is the eight day time frame the current ownership has given the locals to purchase the team. And announcing the "sale" the day before the team's supposed re-branding.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR

Rimouski
Drummondville
Val-D'or 3
Lewiston (1game)
Acadie-Bathurst (3gp)
Drummondville
Chicoutimi
Moncton
PEI
Quebec 2

Cape Breton
Lewiston
Victoriaville (6gp)
Chicoutimi (6gp)
Moncton 3

Saint John
Lewiston (10gp)
Rimouski (29gp)
Rouyn-Noranda
Acadie-Bathurst (20gp)

Saint John (5gp)
Rimouski 3 (2gp) (37gp)
Victoriaville (20gp)
St. John's
Cape Breton (2gp)
Quebec (1gp)
Drummondville (13gp)
Lewiston

Saint John
Baie-Comeau 2 (35gp)
Val-D'or 3 (7gp)
St. John's (14gp)
Quebec (2gp)

Drummondville
Saint John (6gp)

Gatineau (3gp)

So for quick totals:
Val-d'Or - 6
Saint John - 5
Rimouski - 5
Drummondville - 4
Lewiston - 4
Moncton - 4
Quebec - 3
Cape Breton - 2
Victoriaville - 2
Acadie-Bathurst - 2
Chicoutimi - 2
St. John's - 2
Baie-Comeau - 2
PEI - 1
Gatineau - 1
Rouyn-Noranda - 1

Hang on, what is this? The number of NHLers to come off of each team in the past ten years? This is way off if so, but I'm not sure what these numbers signify...

FreakyFish

Aug 19, 2012
Can't wait for Rocket to be move to Sorel.

2 more days

In Sorel to be sucesful, you need to be robust and succeed years after years.

True hockey town.

PEI is suppose to be the toughest team in the league so no problems there

And they finished seventh overall but currie and duffy will be gone.

Where do you see the team standing?

Don't know very well the Q

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Can't wait for Rocket to be move to Sorel.

2 more days

In Sorel to be sucesful, you need to be robust and succeed years after years.

True hockey town.

PEI is suppose to be the toughest team in the league so no problems there

And they finished seventh overall but currie and duffy will be gone.

Where do you see the team standing?

Don't know very well the Q

HAHAHAHA....that's funny... a true hockey town, and in the same paragraph, you say " you need to succeed yr after yr"
apparently you dont know much about junior hockey, and the reason why this franchise is moving!!

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Hang on, what is this? The number of NHLers to come off of each team in the past ten years? This is way off if so, but I'm not sure what these numbers signify...

He asked how many PEI rocket draft picks have gone on to play in the NHL. Those are the amount of QMJHL picks that went on to play in the NHL for each team since PEI joined the league in 2003.

I did it rather quickly but if you wanna check my math go ahead:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft_other2.php?year=2003&type=QMJHL Entry Draft

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
For the Titan alone:
Bruno Gervais
Patrice Bergeron
Mathieu Perreault

So you are off base right there.

byrone12

Aug 2, 2005
He asked how many PEI rocket draft picks have gone on to play in the NHL. Those are the amount of QMJHL picks that went on to play in the NHL for each team since PEI joined the league in 2003.

I did it rather quickly but if you wanna check my math go ahead:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft_other2.php?year=2003&type=QMJHL Entry Draft

That's incorrect, I asked "Quick, name just one current NHL player drafted from the PEI Rocket in their 10 years...."

And there are none.

And there won't be any in the immediate future (next 1-2 years)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
That's incorrect, I asked "Quick, name just one current NHL player drafted from the PEI Rocket in their 10 years...."

And there are none.

And there won't be any in the immediate future (next 1-2 years)

Gragnani has played 70+ NHL games including 1 this season and would have likely finished the season in Carolina if he wasn't injured... And like that list showed, the number of current NHL players drafted by QMJHL teams since PEI first drafted in 2003 isn't exactly long and many have less or similar NHL experience as Gragnani. The point is silly as hell, not to mention, like I've said before - NHL production has nothing to do with whether or not a QMJHL team should relocate or not. If it's been mismanaged then you get new management lol

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Gragnani has played 70+ NHL games including 1 this season and would have likely finished the season in Carolina if he wasn't injured... And like that list showed, the number of current NHL players drafted by QMJHL teams since PEI first drafted in 2003 isn't exactly long and many have less or similar NHL experience as Gragnani. The point is silly as hell, not to mention, like I've said before - NHL production has nothing to do with whether or not a QMJHL team should relocate or not. If it's been mismanaged then you get new management lol

im kind of amused that it's that hard to see that they have been mismanaged.....
1 playoff series win in 10 years....4 winning seasons in 10 years...

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
???wtf

if I understand correctly your saying that all who have gone to NHL???you better check your records because i can name alot for more in the last 10 yrs

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
For the Titan alone:
Bruno Gervais
Patrice Bergeron
Mathieu Perreault

So you are off base right there.

Gervais - Drafted in 2001, 2 years before the Rocket were in the league :laugh:
Bergeron - Drafted in 2001, 2 years before the Rocket were in the league :laugh:
Perreault - is one of the two Acadie-Bathurst titan that I accounted for when I said they had 2 since PEI came into the league.

As I said, I did the list relatively quickly and could be missing a couple players (I didn't count Americans picked late just to be picked if they didn't come play in the Q or guys like Alex Killorn who everyone knew was going the college route)

He tried to make it seem like because the PEI Rocket haven't produced any NHL players... By saying they haven't produced any lol In reality there's 1 in Gragnani that they drafted and developed + the league-wide numbers on drafting players who go on to be NHlers since PEI first drafted in 2003 isn't as significant as people think. You could try adding in imports but let's be real, you buy imports...

PEIs drafting shouldn't be judged off how many NHLers they have, especially when the league wide numbers are as low as they are. The point that was trying to be made is silly :neener:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
im kind of amused that it's that hard to see that they have been mismanaged.....
1 playoff series win in 10 years....4 winning seasons in 10 years...

When did I say anything about them being mismanaged or not? All I did was point out the flaw in his NHL production point

byrone12

Aug 2, 2005

LOL...Hard to get new management when the team is managed by the owner. Did you know that?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
if I understand correctly your saying that all who have gone to NHL???you better check your records because i can name alot for more in the last 10 yrs

I gave a link to the QMJHL draft eliteprospects.com pages that show NHL stats beside players & who picked them. He was calling out PEI for not picking players who went on to play in the NHL. That's the numbers I found. Feel free to go over the numbers since 2003 draft (Sidney Crosby's draft) and tell me the numbers you find.

byrone12

Aug 2, 2005
Owners can hire new managers. Did you know that?

+ That's not the point we're talking about right now...

That's great mate, so to sum up, Rocket fans should be 1) thrilled that they produced only one "NHL" Gragnani in ten seasons and 2) what do you do when the owner doesn't want to hire new managers, preferring to manage the team himself, for fourteen seasons (one playoff series win in fourteen years!).

What has happened is that by no longer supporting the franchise, the local fans have in essence fired the manage. But rather that replace the manager, the team might move.

Did you know that?

The people here deserve a chance to support a well-run franchise.

I'm sensing you have a total lack of comprehension of the issues with this franchise.

I'm done.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
That's great mate, so to sum up, Rocket fans should be 1) thrilled that they produced only one "NHL" Gragnani in ten seasons and 2) what do you do when the owner doesn't want to hire new managers, preferring to manage the team himself, for fourteen seasons (one playoff series win in fourteen years!).

What has happened is that by no longer supporting the franchise, the local fans have in essence fired the manage. But rather that replace the manager, the team might move.

Did you know that?

The people here deserve a chance to support a well-run franchise.

I'm sensing you have a total lack of comprehension of the issues with this franchise.

I'm done.

:laugh: You're ignoring my point and trying to push something else completely...

You said:
-PEI has produced 0 NHLers from their QMJHL draft picks

I said:
-No, they have 1
-I showed how many QMJHL draft picks have gone on to NHL picks league wide since PEI was introduced to the league and their numbers aren't that ridiculous in the time frame when you consider the low numbers league wide.

Donno why you're trying to make it seem like I'm saying stuff that I'm not... I'm saying the point you tried to make was wrong, the end, glad you're done.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
According to Icethetics.com, if the Rocket move to Sorel the team will be called Les Eperviers just like the last Sorel franchise was. Will be pretty awkward if they ever met the Winterhawks in the Memorial Cup.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
According to Icethetics.com, if the Rocket move to Sorel the team will be called Les Eperviers just like the last Sorel franchise was. Will be pretty awkward if they ever met the Winterhawks in the Memorial Cup.

That'll help them recruit Americans, name the team something they can't pronounce :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad