Rocket Moving again

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
QMJHL hockey would do well in Miramichi if they had a championship calibre team... PEI's day will come, but only if people support the team well enough for it to make sense to keep it there long enough. If they consistently draw flies like Bathurst does when the team isn't a contender, you may well lose the team eventually.

PEI's day will come...that is something that we have been told and promised here in PEI by Savard. It isn't an issue of not consistently drawing when the team isn't a contender, it's never having been a contender and may not be in the near future as well. Plus it's having the same person in charge of all those failures still being in charge where it doesn't look like that will never change.

It's easy to say that people should be out supporting the team no matter what but people do get tired of hearing the same promises from the same people with the same underachieveing results. Charlottetown is a good market but like any other market they would like to have a top team every once in awhile.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Why would they?

Firstly they would need to invest $30.M in a new rink as the present one sits 1500...

You've missed my point entirely. I'm not actually suggesting we put a QMJHL team in Miramichi.

My point is that everyone loves a winner. You could put a team pretty much anywhere, and it would survive as long as it's a championship calibre team. What makes a breaks a team in terms of long term survival, (barring a situation where owners are using the team as a tax writeoff or something) is the fanbase sticking around during the lean years.

Coado

Apr 2, 2005
Charlottetown
I love the CCC but I would love even more if it was torn down and a new Arena built! I also am pumped to see the new uniforms .. Lets go Islanders!!!!

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
I hear Black and gold but thats just from a couple other season ticket holders they are normally accurate tho

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Tonight on the Guardian website Savard says he doesn't know where these rumours come from and has been "battling rumors the team was moving for six years". I have a hard time believing that every single time he has no idea where and how these rumours come from and that he has had no part at all whatsoever in these rumours.

I guess somebody was not telling the truth.....

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
we will find out tomorrow but I would say we will not see another q game on the Island for a long time.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
This proves a few things:

The league is a farce. (Which we already knew)

We the league wants an owner out they make exceptions...

They wanted Farrel Miller gone, they made it happen...

They wanted LGM out, they made it happen...

When they want something they get it...

The wanted Lewiston gone, they made it happen, they wanted Sherbrooke in? They made it happen, they wanted Boisbriand to have a team, they made it happen, they wanted Sorel back, it's happening.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I don't suppose there's going to be an internet feed of this press conference in 45 minutes, will there?

unlikely

Just saw on the website that 5 days ago they were promoting the purchasing of Rocket merchandise before the team becomes the PEI Islanders.... That's pretty ****ed up, you can't tell me that the ownership didn't know they were planning on selling a week ago when the rumors have been around for a long time now.

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
Serge is a con artist if this goes down promoting Islanders making people think this team ishere to stay. Lying to the media all the time saying they weren listening to offers an all of a sudden the team is for sale yeah right. Its a shame we are losing this team.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Love all the rumours....its as good as saying Miramichi would do well with a franchise! Seriously..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad