Recalled/Assigned: Robertson recalled

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It's the same thing.
Nothing is impossible but it makes no sense that they would be 'shopping' or 'showcasing' him at this point.
Once he needs to start clearing waivers, things change.
If you say so……..

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It's the same thing.
Nothing is impossible but it makes no sense that they would be 'shopping' or 'showcasing' him at this point.
Once he needs to start clearing waivers, things change.
Dregs says Tre looking for dman. I can see Robbie being somebody they could move. Hopefully he forces them to keep him.

Reactions: ACC1224 and rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I'll be surprised if this lasts.

He's done great at the AHL level, but so did guys like Petan. Doesn't always equate to NHL success. I do agree he should be given a shot though - Not only has he earned it but this bottom 6 has been dreadful so anything to give them a jump start should be explored.

You spoke too soon

Screen Shot 2023-11-06 at 11.17.08 AM.png

There is still hope

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dregs says Tre looking for dman. I can see Robbie being somebody they could move. Hopefully he forces them to keep him.
For sure, like any player he could go as part of a package for an upgrade

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
With this team. I believe he will request a trade to somewhere else if he doesn't stick. He's been given plenty of chances and just never stuck. Maybe he'll have better luck on another team with a fresh start.
Agree he may soon ask for a trade if he can't crack the lineup, however, IMO his skill and ability aren't what's keeping him off this team. It would be a combo of health concerns and being bypassed on the depth chart by players like Knies that fit our needs better. One of the issues with Nicky Bobby, it's that he's similar to players we already have in our top 6. He has to be a top 6 player to best utilize his strengths, whereas, Knies has the size and defensive IQ to play down the lineup to spread out offense.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Domi in between two shooters in Robertson and Jarnkrok who can both keep up in terms of skating on paper looks like a match. The bigger question may not be will they produce, but can they prevent more than they let in.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
For sure, like any player he could go as part of a package for an upgrade

We’re kind of in a precarious position when looking for upgrades. Don’t have a lot of Kasperi Kapanen type non core roster surplus guys with a healthy cap hit to send out the door (that isn’t one of our UFA mercenaries). So outside of prospects and probably that 1st round pick we don’t have a lot to deal. But that 1st round pick could also be a serious insurance policy if the season goes off the rails.

It’s very Cliff Fletcher-y.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah, he isn't a regular NHLer.

But he's a good marketing this game asset.

He isn't the same old same old crap we've been seeing in the bottom 6.

He'll be at least new crap in the bottom 6.

Hopefully, 100% of Leafs fans are supporting him.

I mean, Robertson hitting his potential is massive for the Leafs. Even if that means we add a 20-25 goal scorer it is more skill and goal scoring outside of the core 4. If he works on the third line, that is some legit depth scoring finally.

Improves our LW depth massively as well

Reactions: ULF_55

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
It's probably his best chance. There are enough holes in the bottom 6 to stand out.
This.

I'm pretty excited about this news to tell the truth. He could actually have a pretty big impact as the team are so desperate for the one skill that is Robertson's strength.

It's asking a lot of him, but the stars seemed to be aligned for something good to happen with Robertson this year.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Give him a shot with Matthews and Marner. They already play soft as hell so giving him a chance to not get hit is ideal.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Makes no sense, we don't have forwards who can score outside the core 4. We need more top 6 and top 9 players. D is not a priority in my opinion.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Makes no sense, we don't have forwards who can score outside the core 4. We need more top 6 and top 9 players. D is not a priority in my opinion.
I think I disagree. The D is an ongoing work in progress. It needs to be fixed now, in the near future, and at the trade deadline.

Reactions: ToneDog

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Knies Matthews Nylander
Robertson Tavares Marner
Bertuzzi Domi Gregor
Jarnkrok Kamph Reaves

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Fans only focus on him scoring goals as his only attribute. But he just brings a level of energy and never quit attitude that can hopefully rub off. Sure, he may look like an unneutered dog at times, but at least he brings it every shift. Fans need to stop knocking this 21 year old kid. This team is desperate for a 2nd / 3rd line tweener who can score 15-20 secondary goals on a min contract.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad