Recalled/Assigned: Robertson recalled

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Finally

The only difference between Knies at the NHL level and Robertson last year is that Knies didnt get injured

Robertson is promising and offers secondary scoring ability

Him and Knies should ideally be on the same line

Knies - Domi - Robertson 3rd line
Gregor - Kampf - Holmberg - 4th line

Reeves healthy scratch until he can work things out and show that he can play when he gets called upon

Bertuzzi and Jarnkrok stick in top 6

Reactions: Rude Dog and arso40

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I'll be surprised if this lasts.

He's done great at the AHL level, but so did guys like Petan. Doesn't always equate to NHL success. I do agree he should be given a shot though - Not only has he earned it but this bottom 6 has been dreadful so anything to give them a jump start should be explored.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Can’t say I’m a big fan either. He does have the scoring touch which is desperately needed in the bottom 6.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bert - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Domi - Jarnkrok

Top 9 looks good on paper. Third line has a puck distributor, finish, and a defensively responsible forward to anchor the group. Questions about Domi as a Center but we will have to see. He needs to get going and hopefully Robertson can help.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
This was the right call. A couple days to a week overdue, but better late than never. Well done Robby. After a disappointing preseason, he put his head down and put in the work in the A.

Happy to see him get rewarded. Lord knows he has been through the gauntlet

BTP

Apr 28, 2013

A 21yr olds last chance? I don't think it is. If he stays healthy he is an NHLer all day. Skill level is there, drive is there. Body seems a bit fragile to this point. Hopefully he can withstand the physicality. TB is a good test as they're a prtty physical bunch.

That's a weird thing to say. He's got plenty of time to figure it out. You're talking like he's 26 years old.

With this team. I believe he will request a trade to somewhere else if he doesn't stick. He's been given plenty of chances and just never stuck. Maybe he'll have better luck on another team with a fresh start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad