Recalled/Assigned: Robertson recalled

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The only difference between Knies at the NHL level and Robertson last year is that Knies didnt get injured
I hope they are both extremely successful, but the players could not be any more different in how they play and what they bring. I don't feel is is a fair comparison at all.

Knies is going to be a power-beast!

Robertson will never be that, so will have to contribute in a vastly different way. He needs to start with some situational awareness and control... going all out 100% of the time is not going to work at this level.

The one thing they both share is a rocket of a shot! Let's hope we get to see both for years to come.

Reactions: arso40

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
With this team. I believe he will request a trade to somewhere else if he doesn't stick. He's been given plenty of chances and just never stuck. Maybe he'll have better luck on another team with a fresh start.

The reason he didn't stick was mostly injury related. I'm sure he'll power through if he gets sent back down this year again, which is likely to happen due to the cap at some point.

Any player and prospect can be traded though, so maybe it's something that will happen... who knows.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
I’m not sure putting him on a line with Domi and Jarnkrok is really setting him up for success. Looks to me like a line Keefe won’t play much and then we’ll be up in arms about Robertson not looking great. I’d like to give Robertson another chance in the top 6. Give him Bertuzzi’s spot. At least a Bertuzzi-Domi-Jarnkrok line has all players with a lot of nhl experience.

Reactions: arso40

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Would there be any value in sending Knies down for a stint in the A? I'm not saying that he's been a problem, but he hasn't been producing and I worry that he is being relied upon too much at this point in his career.

Go down, dominate at that level and come back up again. Similar to how Robertson has been handled.

Reactions: francis246

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
He's never shown me he is a regular NHLer but he has the potential to be still. He needs to produce.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Like that he's getting another look, he's been very good in the AHL. Don't like that Holmberg is getting sent down - Holmberg hasn't been great, but he hasn't been bad either, he's been perfectly fine on the 4th line. The 4th liner who has been just terrible is Reaves, we should be waiving him.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He's never shown me he is a regular NHLer but he has the potential to be still. He needs to produce.

Yeah he’s been inconsistent, some of it his fault. Some of it Keefe’s. But he’s gotta find a way to be engaged and be in scoring positions. I’d love to see him with Matthews again.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Like that he's getting another look, he's been very good in the AHL. Don't like that Holmberg is getting sent down - Holmberg hasn't been great, but he hasn't been bad either, he's been perfectly fine on the 4th line. The 4th liner who has been just terrible is Reaves, we should be waiving him.
Agreed but they won't give up on it this soon no team would.

Reactions: kb and arso40

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He’ll be moved and thrive…….

He just needs minutes and patience which the leafs may not be able to give him. Who do you think we’d move him to? Who’s available that would help us? Probably Calgary no? Have to think one of Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov is on Toronto’s radar?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Throw Reaves into the press box.

Lean towards a lineup that can actually skate and generate some scoring in the bottom 6.

Hopefully Robertson gets a really thorough look. Feels like he never gets a chance to get himself going before he either gets hurt or gets pulled out.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Definitely better than a few guys on the roster right now. Hope he can finally sustain some success with the team so he becomes a mainstay. His inability to stick with the main club, with injuries a big part of that, has been disappointing. He has the tools to be a useful and effective player for this team, which could sorely use his youthful injection.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He just needs minutes and patience which the leafs may not be able to give him. Who do you think we’d move him to? Who’s available that would help us? Probably Calgary no? Have to think one of Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov is on Toronto’s radar?
Tanev, Zadorov, Peeke would be candidates that can defend, that or he’s packaged with other players/assets for a bigger name. OR, long shot gamble a bigger name is being moved out of Toronto……….

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
he's 22 and this is the last year of his elc , if he doesn't stick soon he'll have to clear waivers to be sent down so this idea he has endless years to make the Leafs is foolish

Last edited:
Reactions: TMLegend and bax

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Shopped? There is no point in dumping a prospect for a pick at this point.

He may go as part of a package but it makes no sense to dump him.
Rumour has it Philly’s been sniffing around him……..

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Holmberg was asked to carry a boat anchor. He did fine and should be in the lineup over Kampf and Reaves but... c'est la vie.
The past couple of seasons provide me with a sense of optimism regarding Kampf (I believe last season also included a sluggish start from him). I liked what I saw from Holmberg last season, so hopefully the best is yet to come from him as well...although that will now have to occur at some unspecified date in the future.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
That's a weird thing to say. He's got plenty of time to figure it out. You're talking like he's 26 years old.
His brother he is not. He has to be better and able to withstand heavy NHL play.

Thus far, he has not lived up to all the hype. He needs to establish himself to be a play maker and secondary scorer because he doesn't offer other physical intangibles other than a bit of skating speed.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Yeah, he isn't a regular NHLer.

But he's a good marketing this game asset.

He isn't the same old same old crap we've been seeing in the bottom 6.

He'll be at least new crap in the bottom 6.

Hopefully, 100% of Leafs fans are supporting him.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I've been watching the Marlies regularly. Robertson is the one player who is consistently dangerous each game. The Leafs have not produced outside of their top players. They need someone else who can score. This call up makes a lot of sense at this time.

Tonight is not the game to scratch Reaves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad