Recalled/Assigned: Robertson recalled

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
He wasn't very good earlier and now he's better, seems like a reasonable take.
Shouldn't anyones view change based on the play of the player?

Just not seeming like a great fit. Was definitely worth the gamble but it obviously hasn't worked out as planned. It happens.
I think there’s a large part of the fan base that disagrees that he wasn’t good earlier. Sure he makes his mistakes but you have to think of the big picture with him . A lot of people just kept parroting Toronto media group think regarding him.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
This organization has never made anyone comfortable unless they are max money players. Those guys apparently can do no wrong. Good for Robertson, now maybe they can ease up on him and actually allow him to play.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Also true, if Dubas signed him you’d be saying the exact opposite and rationalizing the decision.
No, I'd be saying the exact same thing. You may alter your positions based on who the GM is, but I don't.
Instead of turning everything into silly GM wars and personal attacks, you could have disputed anything I said. But you didn't, because you know I'm right.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
No, I'd be saying the exact same thing. You may alter your positions based on who the GM is, but I don't.
Instead of turning everything into silly GM wars and personal attacks, you could have disputed anything I said. But you didn't, because you know I'm right.
It wasn't an attack, merely a stone cold factual observation. You turn everything into a battle of GM's, it's within every post you make and I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt that somewhere in there you actually know this to be true. Now we signed two broke hands bum Bertuzzi, that was a marginal NHLer, meanwhile you'll still actually argue Foligno wasn't damaged goods when your oracle brought him here.

Anyways my bad for engaging, it's a useless exercise, just don't think you're actually changing anyone's mind, your schtick here is so old and tired. You're literally cheering for failure.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think there’s a large part of the fan base that disagrees that he wasn’t good earlier. Sure he makes his mistakes but you have to think of the big picture with him . A lot of people just kept parroting Toronto media group think regarding him.
No idea I don't listen to them, not sure why people do when all they seem to do is complain/disagree with what they hear.

I haven't seen many think he was good, mostly that he needed more time and opportunity. I would think the media had similar thoughts.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This organization has never made anyone comfortable unless they are max money players. Those guys apparently can do no wrong. Good for Robertson, now maybe they can ease up on him and actually allow him to play.
He's almost succeeding in spite of the organization.

Reactions: ashs

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He might out produce Knies. I hope they continue to give him opportunity. He and Knies are probably the future on LW. They just need to give them more reps.
One less goal in 16 fewer games. Also hasn't been given the same sweet line mates. Knies is younger and figuring it out, he will be a stud, but Robbie also has a high top end.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You turn everything into a battle of GM's
I didn't even mention any GM at all. I made a factual statement about Bertuzzi in response to a discussion about him, and even though you know it's true and can't dispute it, you decided to quote me, bring up this weird GM war of yours, and make false statements about me.
Now we signed two broke hands bum Bertuzzi, that was a marginal NHLer, meanwhile you'll still actually argue Foligno wasn't damaged goods
I didn't say he was a "marginal NHLer". I pointed out that he broke both hands and hasn't been the same player since, on multiple teams, which is true.
That has nothing to do with Foligno, or your false belief that he was "damaged goods".
You're literally cheering for failure.
No, I'm cheering for success. Which is why I called out a bad decision that is currently hurting us. Bertuzzi was a luxury we didn't need, filling a spot that Robertson would be better in, and it took away money for actual issues that we don't have an immediate internal solution for.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It would be interesting to look at production per minute of 5 v 5 playing time as well, think his numbers would really pop there.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Got to give this kid a chance on the PP, his shot is “elite”. The only worry I have for him is that he is weak around the boards and tends to get blasted. But pure goal scoring is a tough commodity to come by

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Maybe the results haven’t come for Bertuzzi but it’s nice seeing a maximum effort guy on the ice playing for us.

Maybe some of it will rub off on our 8 digit snowflakes….

See guys, that’s what trying hard on your shift looks like……. Neat-O, amiright???

Robertson should not be sitting anymore.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
He's looking more and more confident holding the puck and making plays. Try dropping Bert to the 3rd line and give him some minutes in the top 6 to see what he can do.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I was in favour of trading Robertson but he’s really shown he belongs in the NHL with very minimal ice time and PP usage. Unless he’s apart of a deal where we’re getting a top four defenceman, I wouldn’t be moving him.

Reactions: Buds17

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I was in favour of trading Robertson but he’s really shown he belongs in the NHL with very minimal ice time and PP usage. Unless he’s apart of a deal where we’re getting a top four defenceman, I wouldn’t be moving him.
It is always about the return, whether you're trading Wendel Clark or Nic Robertson.

Trading Wendel worked out pretty well.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It is always about the return, whether you're trading Wendel Clark or Nic Robertson.

Trading Wendel worked out pretty well.
:mad: :(

;)

Robertson should continue to be an affordable choice for secondary production though. I can see how that might be a bit difficult to give up.

Last edited:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Nic is nothing special, not sure why fans fall in love with a guy that can't stay on his feet, is often injured and plays like a 3rd/4th liner liner. He's fine I suppose till he is due for his Kampft like increase in his pay cheque, if Tre is smart, Nic gets traded before you sign a barely 3rd liner to a 2 mil contract.

The measure of the value of a player is how easily can you replace him. there are at least 2 guys on the farm that could step in today and do as well as Nic.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nic is nothing special, not sure why fans fall in love with a guy that can't stay on his feet, is often injured and plays like a 3rd/4th liner liner. He's fine I suppose till he is due for his Kampft like increase in his pay cheque, if Tre is smart, Nic gets traded before you sign a barely 3rd liner to a 2 mil contract.

The measure of the value of a player is how easily can you replace him. there are at least 2 guys on the farm that could step in today and do as well as Nic.

Now that was funny.

As much as I'd really like the Leafs to have 12 top 6 forwards in their line-up ...

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Now that was funny.

As much as I'd really like the Leafs to have 12 top 6 forwards in their line-up ...
Not sure you clearly understood the original point, some people have over estimated his value, to replace him it would be quite easy. He is not unique, special or address any of the shortcomings of this line up.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Not sure you clearly understood the original point, some people have over estimated his value, to replace him it would be quite easy. He is not unique, special or address any of the shortcomings of this line up.
You’re wrong , he addresses the need for cost controlled depth scoring in the lineup. I totally agree we could use an upgrade on Robertson but an upgrade cost money and assets neither of which the Leafs have, especially next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00