Rumor: Rob Kerr And Charlie Simmer let go by Sportsnet

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
As long as they make Kerr the guy who sits next to Steinberg, this is great news. Last thing I would want is to see Pat lose his job because they're bringing back in the old guy.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
As long as they make Kerr the guy who sits next to Steinberg, this is great news. Last thing I would want is to see Pat lose his job because they're bringing back in the old guy.

Fully agree. I actually really enjoy listening to Patty. Can't stand boomer tho

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kerr & Steinberg in the afternoons, I love it!

Get Kersh off the air ASAP.

Agreed, can't stand Kersh. Kerr and Steinberg would be dynamite.

I really wanna see Pinder get a shot. I was listening to him this morning, he has a phenomenal broadcast voice and he's actually very knowledgable despite the guys always teasing him. He's a witty guy, I think he would be an excellent candidate.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I really wanna see Pinder get a shot. I was listening to him this morning, he has a phenomenal broadcast voice and he's actually very knowledgable despite the guys always teasing him. He's a witty guy, I think he would be an excellent candidate.

Yeah, Pinder is great on the morning show. Him and Boomer have good chemistry. I'd like the morning show to remain as is, and adding Kerr to the afternoon show while getting rid of Kersh and his Roughrider circle jerk is a win.

I'd also love to see Loubardias brought back to work with Maher.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah, Pinder is great on the morning show. Him and Boomer have good chemistry. I'd like the morning show to remain as is, and adding Kerr to the afternoon show while getting rid of Kersh and his Roughrider circle jerk is a win.

I'd also love to see Loubardias brought back to work with Maher.

I like Pinder on the morning show to, but I think he would make a great PBP guy for the Flames. Him and Loubo are my top 2 choices for sure. Loubo is awesome!

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post. Loubardias did a great job with Maher this year, they make a great tandem. We just need a new PBP guy for TV and he has the experience, I think he would be a good choice to bring back. At the end of the day, someone likely is going to be transferred. I don't really want Millions back, I've really soured on him over the last 2 years.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pinder is fantastic, he is my #1 choice.

Brent Krahn has been doing a bit of stuff as well, so maybe he was being groomed for a colour job? Warrener is an option too.

TheClassicK*

Wasn't Krahn one of our bust of draft picks? Or am I thinking someone else?

Yup. 9th overall in '00.

I remember when he practised with the Flames during the X-mas break, it was hilarious when he did the interview. Man did he ever get fat.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I guess if anyone is still waiting on "official news":

Sportsnet 960 ‏@Sportsnet960

We're super excited to announce that Rob Kerr will be back on the airwaves beginning May 5th on Sportsnet 960 The... http://fb.me/31jiGWoCp

Bl8PgfKCMAAFn4Y.jpg

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary
I guess if anyone is still waiting on "official news":

Bl8PgfKCMAAFn4Y.jpg

That red plywood behind him used to be the main floor of the National Hotel in Inglewood (across from Kane's & Crown Surplus). I know this because I rebuilt all those store fronts a couple years ago. Fascinating, I know!

JulianHopper*

That red plywood behind him used to be the main floor of the National Hotel in Inglewood (across from Kane's & Crown Surplus). I know this because I rebuilt all those store fronts a couple years ago. Fascinating, I know!

Isn't this also the warehouse for the Canadian Pickers? I'm pretty sure it is.

Glad Kerr's gone, hopefully he's learned some humility and won't go back to being a condescending clown to all the people that call in to his show.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
bump

I was reading Calgary Puck and this one poster "Sidney Crosby's Hat" suggested that he has heard RJ Broadhead will be the bew play by play man. This poster has seemed to be well informed in the psst, so I think this could be legit.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Isn't this also the warehouse for the Canadian Pickers? I'm pretty sure it is.

Glad Kerr's gone, hopefully he's learned some humility and won't go back to being a condescending clown to all the people that call in to his show.

Yup; that's the old barn they use to sell livestock out of in the 90s and maybe even into the early 2000s. They used it for the canadian pickers show, it is right in Inglewood; across the street from the Bike shop, the army surplus store and at the opposite end of the block from the Starbucks haha.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
bump

I was reading Calgary Puck and this one poster "Sidney Crosby's Hat" suggested that he has heard RJ Broadhead will be the bew play by play man. This poster has seemed to be well informed in the psst, so I think this could be legit.

RJ would be okay, he's got a great broadcast voice. Pinder would still by choice though I think.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
RJ would be okay, he's got a great broadcast voice. Pinder would still by choice though I think.
I'd be okay with it too, he's got a good voice and calls a solid game. I too would rather see Pinder, but I think they like Broadhead because he does have national experience doing the CHL games and I think the regional Pbp guys will see some national time this year, especially on Saturdays.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
I'd be okay with it too, he's got a good voice and calls a solid game. I too would rather see Pinder, but I think they like Broadhead because he does have national experience doing the CHL games and I think the regional Pbp guys will see some national time this year, especially on Saturdays.

National games on Saturdays will probably be all Hughson, Randorf, Romanuk, and Cole. However the regional guys might get national time on some of the other days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad