Rumor: Rob Kerr And Charlie Simmer let go by Sportsnet

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I love Loubo, not the best at it but still much better than Kerr, sucks to see someone lose their job but hearing Kerr on the fan, I think he'll bounce back on radio. Would LOVE for Loubo to get the gig back but I doubt it

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kerr as others have stated was far more colourful and entertaining than Simmer. Simmer would be good in the Florida area. I think either Pinder or Loubo would be good. I'm not sold on Warrener for PBP. He's not exactly an analytical type lol.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Simmer would be good in the Florida area.

Those young, exciting commentators too loud for the residents down there? Need a calm, relaxing, soothing voice instead? :laugh:

I'm not sold on Warrener for PBP. He's not exactly an analytical type lol.

After some of the stupid things he's already said, the last thing he needs is to be on tv more.

Peter Lou on PBP and Kerr on CC could be an entertaining combo.

Aug 3, 2010
Still no confirmed news that Kerr and Simmer are out. Usually would have confirmation one way or another by now, holiday weekend be damned. Beginning to believe it's untrue.

Would not mind Loubardias' returning but not with Maher. I will get lambasted possibly but it's a shame Maher wasn't 10 years younger - I feel like while he's obviously got the voice and the passion and the knowledge, he can't keep up as well as he used to as a PBP announcer.

If Maher and Loubardias are promoted, I would prefer Loubardias as the PBP and Maher taking a backseat as the colour commentator as strange as that would be.

JulianHopper*

It's no different then players and coaches being traded or fired. This is the NHL and The Big Leagues so to speak.

They just weren't good enough. I really didn't mind Kerr's antics but his play by play was just lacking to say the least.

With Sportsnet, will their replacements be better or worse?

TheClassicK*

I just don't find the quality of Sportsnet program great, and I also can't stand listening to Kyprios, Shannon, and etc during intermissions. CBC has the best show during intermission imo and then it's TSN, but Sportsnet overall is just a level below.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I just don't find the quality of Sportsnet program great, and I also can't stand listening to Kyprios, Shannon, and etc during intermissions. CBC has the best show during intermission imo and then it's TSN, but Sportsnet overall is just a level below.

I agree with this, Shannon is just terrible. Their whole set and production needs a makeover IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad