Proposal: RNH + EDM 2018 1st(+?) for Dumba and Zucker

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think you're overestimating how much we don't want to think about retooling :laugh:

Dumba's very good and I think his best years are ahead of him, he's just not the best player on the team right now. His contract may creep north of $6m, but it seems like it'll be possible to sign him for less than that. I don't have a good list of comparables in front of me to argue the point, though.

Best I could find was Ristolainen. Signed 6 x $5.4m (7.4% of the cap at the time) after a 9 goal, 41 point season. Difference is he was 2 years younger though, extension was right off the ELC.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Best I could find was Ristolainen. Signed 6 x $5.4m (7.4% of the cap at the time) after a 9 goal, 41 point season. Difference is he was 2 years younger though, extension was right off the ELC.
Yeah, the fact that he's coming off a bridge makes it trickier. Parayko signed for $5.5m, but I think he was also coming off an ELC.

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Suter has a full NMC and 7 more years at 7.5M.
That's a contract that's going to bury the Wild
Pretty sure every team in the NHL would be lining up to sign Suter to a 7 yr 7.5m deal today.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I don't get it.

how many defencemen in the history of the NHL were worth a big contract to age 40?
Chelios, Chara.
Suter could drop off the map next year or the year after. Poof, just like that he's a 1M player.

His contract alone is the reason why the Wild need to restructure their back end before they can sign Dumba.
One of Suter, Spurgeon or Brodin have to go. And, if the Wild a rebuilding I think it should be Suter if you can find a patsy to take him.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
how many defencemen in the history of the NHL were worth a big contract to age 40?
Chelios, Chara.
Suter could drop off the map next year or the year after. Poof, just like that he's a 1M player.

His contract alone is the reason why the Wild need to restructure their back end before they can sign Dumba.
One of Suter, Spurgeon or Brodin have to go. And, if the Wild a rebuilding I think it should be Suter if you can find a patsy to take him.
You have no idea, what Suter's game is, right?

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Chelios, Chara.

you are a bit out to lunch there bud. Wid trade a top 5 dman...real smart

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Chelios, Chara.

How does this not apply to any player, any age, anywhere?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So Dumba is a fantastic untouchable player worth way more than any of those guys...until it's time to pay him. Then he's only worth 5 mil.

Dumba is the Wild's best player. Think about that for a moment and then maybe you'll go a bit easier on Wild fans. Would you give up your teams best player?
The Wild paid their best offense creator only $5.75m/yr. It’s certainly possible and we will be sure to use Oiler fans’ arguments for why it should be under $6m. But that’s for a contract and not trading the player. Be sure you know the difference of the situations.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The Wild paid their best offense creator only $5.75m/yr. It’s certainly possible and we will be sure to use Oiler fans’ arguments for why it should be under $6m. But that’s for a contract and not trading the player. Be sure you know the difference of the situations.

In this thread, not a single Oiler fan disparaged Dumba. Everyone wanted him.

Maybe a couple other fans of other teams.

I thought we were talking value. If Dumba is valuable, then he should be paid or traded as such. Remember, a 6 million dollar contract today = a 3 million dollar contract post lockout.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Strome is a third or fourth-liner at best. He can't produce points a great deal.

He produces more than well enough for a 3rd line at this point, he played on our bottom 6 and he produced quite well considering who he was playing with. Moves the puck well on the PP but nobody knew out to finish on the PP this year.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Chelios, Chara.

I am sure he'll just contract some skin disease in those last few years when his salary is $2M, $1M and $1M. :rolleyes:

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Suter could still be an effective player until 40(barring injury, but he's been very healthy minus a freak incident this year). He's basically built for it. The guy has a superhuman amount of stamina, and his game allows him to take very, very few hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad