Proposal: RNH + EDM 2018 1st(+?) for Dumba and Zucker

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
[QUOTE="Digitalbooya, post: 144984215, member:

What about RNH makes him more valuable than Zucker? That 80 point pace he did with the most offensively gifted player in the league (which again is just a pace)?
The fact that he is a better player[/QUOTE]
Again with the "facts". You guys might want to look that word up.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Agh. I’m not sure to be honest. We have guys we’re counting on a bounce back year from, that if we traded them now we’d be selling low.

9th + Klefbom for Spurgeon and Coyle?

Only if the Wild are truly blowing things up and have brought in a guy known for good drafts. I dont trust Chuck enough with the #9 to give up Spurgeon.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Agh. I’m not sure to be honest. We have guys we’re counting on a bounce back year from, that if we traded them now we’d be selling low.

9th + Klefbom for Spurgeon and Coyle?
Take Coyle out, what do you offer then?
The fact that he is a better player
Wasn't a better player this year and certainly wasn't a better player last year. Try again.

Reactions: 2Pair

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
No, this thread is "I don't really care what you think your guy is worth in the first place, because we have no desire to even entertain the trade idea at all to begin with" vs "I get you don't want to, nor should you trade your player, but you still need to add value"

if Wild fans are that sensitive about it then scold the OP !

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Not sure why, he's never picked a bust in the top 10 before...

Granlund, Dumba, Brodin

Solid picks but not an all star among them. And again, i dont trust this regime to find a star. Other than Brodin’s draft there were stars to be had, Chuck and his staff couldnt find them.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Take Coyle out, what do you offer then?

Wasn't a better player this year and certainly wasn't a better player last year. Try again.

Well, I’d need more info.

What’s more important to the Wild, futures or next year’s team? What areas are you weak prospect wise? I have an idea of what I’d offer but I’d have to make sure it makes sense on your end.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, I’d need more info.

What’s more important to the Wild, futures or next year’s team? What areas are you weak prospect wise? I have an idea of what I’d offer but I’d have to make sure it makes sense on your end.
Well if we are trading Spurgeon I think that probably signals a rebuild. So young players/prospects/picks.

Prospect wise. Weak on D. Forward group has some pretty stellar players (Kaprizov, Kunin, Sokolov, etc). Basically anything goes for prospects in a trade.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well if we are trading Spurgeon I think that probably signals a rebuild. So young players/prospects/picks.

I’d offer 9th, Tyler Benson, and your choice of Caleb Jones or William Lagesson.

Lagesson is signed and coming back to North America and is expected to challenge for a job out of camp. - he was playing top pairing minutes in Sweden and is only 22.

Benson is turning pro and looks to finally be fully healthy and had a pretty good year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Prospect wise. Weak on D. Forward group has some pretty stellar players (Kaprizov, Kunin, Sokolov, etc). Basically anything goes for prospects in a trade.
I'm not convinced that trading Spurgeon = rebuild, it depends what he's traded for.

If he was traded in a package for someone like Nylander, that wouldn't be a rebuild for example, that would be a retool.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm not convinced that trading Spurgeon = rebuild, it depends what he's traded for.

If he was traded in a package for someone like Nylander, that wouldn't be a rebuild for example, that would be a retool.
Yeah, I don't see a rebuild in any way. If Spurgeon goes, he will be replaced by another move elsewhere. I could see Brodin being moved, and the Wild hoping the LHD they currently have could replace him, but can't see it on the right side.
I suppose they could trade Spurgeon and then move Brodin over to the right side on the 2nd pair?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Too much coming from Edmonton.
I probably overvalue Hopkins, but he's McDavid's winger and our insurance policy in case McDavid or Drai get hurt and need someone to play top 6C.
I can't imagine letting Strome fill in.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Too much coming from Edmonton.
I probably overvalue Hopkins, but he's McDavid's winger and our insurance policy in case McDavid or Drai get hurt and need someone to play top 6C.
I can't imagine letting Strome fill in.

Strome is a third or fourth-liner at best. He can't produce points a great deal.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
McDavid is obviously a non starter. If you want Dumba, then him, Coyle, and Zucker for Drai + 2nd....something like that.

BTW, the original offer isn't bad value wise, it's just that RNH isn't a need for the Wild.

Can't find the thumbs down button

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There seems to be a healthy contingent of western Canadian fans that came to some kind of conclusion about what Dumba was and what he would become back when he was in Red Deer, and have never reevaluated it.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
We’ve tried saying this across what feels like a million threads. But then someone goes and puts golden boy RNH or something we don’t need in a proposal and then posters get all enraged when Wild fans want nothing to do with those pieces when talking about Dumba.

Dumba? No. But 9th overall? Ehh I wouldn’t be mad and I think both Vancouver and New Jersey were happy with how that deal turned out.

I’m hoping:
Zucker ~ $5m/yr
Dumba ~ $5.25m/yr.

I’m not even sure what you are trying to say.

So Dumba is a fantastic untouchable player worth way more than any of those guys...until it's time to pay him. Then he's only worth 5 mil.

Dumba is the Wild's best player. Think about that for a moment and then maybe you'll go a bit easier on Wild fans. Would you give up your teams best player?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So Dumba is a fantastic untouchable player worth way more than any of those guys...until it's time to pay him. Then he's only worth 5 mil.

Dumba is the Wild's best player. Think about that for a moment and then maybe you'll go a bit easier on Wild fans. Would you give up your teams best player?
I don't think many would say he's our best player right now. He's not better than Suter or Staal. He's probably not currently better than Spurgeon and I wouldn't put him above Granlund. But he probably slots in just below those guys, and he's only 23. It's the combination of age, performance and overall trajectory that makes us so protective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->