Proposal: RNH + EDM 2018 1st(+?) for Dumba and Zucker

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If Wild decide to rebuild, they get a center whose still youngish, a decade younger than current 1C Koivu and a really high pick.

Edmonton get the RHD they need and someone to play with McDavid. Zucker whose an RFA,could probably pot 40 with McD.

Thoughts? Is the value off? What would Edmonton have to add?

Reactions: HailMcJesus

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ehhhh....
Offensive Dman who has been steadily improving his point production each year and just hit 50 pts. 23 years old and looked good in the playoffs despite being quite overplayed. IDK i think he's worth more. OPs thread is based on the Wild rebuilding, why are they trading Dumba?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Offensive Dman who has been steadily improving his point production each year and just hit 50 pts. 23 years old and looked good in the playoffs despite being quite overplayed. IDK i think he's worth more. OPs thread is based on the Wild rebuilding, why are they trading Dumba?

He just wants to stir up the whole roster.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If Wild decide to rebuild, they get a center whose still youngish, a decade younger than current 1C Koivu and a really high pick.

Edmonton get the RHD they need and someone to play with McDavid. Zucker whose an RFA,could probably pot 40 with McD.

Interesting deal that I would probably consider. Dumba would be a great fit on the Oilers, but trading RNH hurts, since he's shown some great chemistry with McDavid recently. Would Puljujarvi work instead? Or Strome + Bear + 2nd?

Solid Offer.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
For the actual offer, it's not completely awful but it's also a no from the Wild. If they do rebuild I'm not sure why they trade their 23 year old stud defenseman who finally became the player the fans have been aching to get for an older center with 3 seasons left on his UFA expiring deal?

If the Wild do decide to retool or rebuild Dumba is probably the last guy to go and it would be for a solid long term core piece, which RNH + 9th OA isn't.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
sorry, no, please end thread, Dumba is a non - starter. He's not being moved.

Granlund and Dumba are the two truly untouchable players.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Ok, you want Dumba, put McDavid on the table and we'll talk, otherwise, no conversation to be had.

Reactions: Bruce Granville

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Ok, you want Dumba, put McDavid on the table and we'll talk, otherwise, no conversation to be had.
If Drai's involved there's a deal that could be reached which I'm sure is also a total "no" from EDM fans, but to your point those are the only 2 players that move the needle enough for Dumba to even be considered.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Take out Zucker and add something less significant for the Wild (maybe Coyle?).

Dumba + Coyle for RNH + 9th overall.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Take out Zucker and add something less significant for the Wild (maybe Coyle?).

Dumba + Coyle for RNH + 9th overall.
It would have to be Dumba for RNH and the pick, nothing added from Minnesota. Even then, I think the Wild decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad