Proposal: RNH + EDM 2018 1st(+?) for Dumba and Zucker

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It would have to be Dumba for RNH and the pick, nothing added from Minnesota. Even then, I think the Wild decline.

Which pick, the 3rd rounder? I'm sure you don't mean RNH+9th overall because that would be absurd.
I wouldn't even add to RNH for Dumba and I'm sure the Wild would decline so nothing more to see here.

Last edited:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Dumba = McDavid. Hot takes in this thread. /s

Original offer is solid, but I don't think Edmonton should get rid of that pick and I don't think Minnesota should get rid of Dumba. Value is fine though, nice job.

Reactions: snipes

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Da **** you just say?
did you not read any of my posts in this thread before that one? I was making a point.

Dumba is a complete non - starter for any trade discussions. Wild fans have been adamant about Dumba and Granlund being untouchable.

Deal discussions should include Zucker/ Nino /Coyle/ Brodin etc, NOT Dumba or Granlund.
Dumba = McDavid. Hot takes in this thread. /s

Original offer is solid, but I don't think Edmonton should get rid of that pick and I don't think Minnesota should get rid of Dumba. Value is fine though, nice job.
Nobody said Dumba = McDavid

It's been REPEATEDLY said that Dumba is untouchable.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
did you not read any of my posts in this thread before that one? I was making a point.

Dumba is a complete non - starter for any trade discussions. Wild fans have been adamant about Dumba and Granlund being untouchable.

Deal discussions should include Zucker/ Nino /Coyle/ Brodin etc, NOT Dumba or Granlund

Cost for Brodin?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Which pick, the 3rd rounder? I'm sure you don't mean RNH+9th overall because that would be absurd.
I wouldn't even add to RNH for Dumba and I'm sure the Wild would decline so nothing more to see here.
Why would a 50 point center have anywhere near the value of a 50 point defenseman?

Reactions: TaLoN

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why would a 50 point center have anywhere near the value of a 50 point defenseman?

24 goals, 48 points in 64 games and Dumba had a career high of 34 points until this season. Two young players that have been rumored to be dealt for each other in years past and two young players that broke out this season. Don't see the big disparity in value, certainly not the 9th overall pick.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Deal discussions should include Zucker/ Nino /Coyle/ Brodin etc, NOT Dumba or Granlund.

Nobody said Dumba = McDavid

It's been REPEATEDLY said that Dumba is untouchable.

The ‘Draisaitl or bust’ crazy has been one upped.

I’ll give you an example of how this sounds.

Darnell Nurse had a really good year. He is not available. It’s been repeatedly said he’s not available. We really need him badly. He was our #1 defenceman this year. Think Suter but with less offense.

If a Toronto fan makes a proposal asking for Nurse, are we then ok to say that it’s Matthews or bust? Hedman from the Lightning?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is why I like reading HF to really think Dumba is worth RNzh and the 9th pick.
Oh people this is what makes fans look so bad with comments like this
Who said this? Or are you making stuff up in order to be outraged? If so, knock yourself out, but the original premise was Dumba+ Coyle/ Zucker for RNH + 9oa.

RNH worth more than Zucker's? In 2013, sure. Not now. I'll take speed and 33 goals.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
24 goals, 48 points in 64 games and Dumba had a career high of 34 points until this season. Two young players that have been rumored to be dealt for each other in years past and two young players that broke out this season. Don't see the big disparity in value, certainly not the 9th overall pick.
Thanks for the correction. I will rephrase-
Why would a 48 point center have anywhere near the value of a 50 point defenseman? The argument that the 1st rounder is too much to add is a fair one. The argument that RNH has the same value as Dumba, is silly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The ‘Draisaitl or bust’ crazy has been one upped.

I’ll give you an example of how this sounds.

Darnell Nurse had a really good year. He is not available. It’s been repeatedly said he’s not available. We really need him badly. He was our #1 defenceman this year. Think Suter but with less offense.

If a Toronto fan makes a proposal asking for Nurse, are we then ok to say that it’s Matthews or bust? Hedman from the Lightning?
It's intended to just end the discussion flat. It should not be taken as a serious proposal, it should be taken as intended, meaning there is no deal to be had so the discussion is over .... period. Please let this thread shrivel and die now.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why would a 48 point center have anywhere near the value of a 50 point defenseman? The argument that the 1st rounder is too much to add is a fair one. The argument that RNH has the same value as Dumba, is silly.

If this year is all that matters, then, what’s the price for Coyle? 2nd rounder? 3rd and Strome?

What’s a 37 point centre worth these days? Can’t be much.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's intended to just end the discussion flat. It souls not be taken as a serious proposal, it should be taken as intended, meaning there is no real to be had so the discussion is over .... period. Please let this thread shrivel and die now.

It never has that effect and you should know that by now. All it does it make you look totally out of touch.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If this year is all that matters, then, what’s the price for Coyle? 2nd rounder? 3rd and Strome?

What’s a 37 point centre worth these days? Can’t be much.
One guy is trending in a positive direction. One isn't.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Context matters whether you choose to believe it or not. He had a career high in goals with 24 and missed 18 games, had those 48 points and missed 18 games so not just a "50 point" center if we're taking this season into account. You say Dumba is a 50 point Dman but he only had 50 points in one season, had a career high of 34 points this season.

It's great that he had a breakout season and I understand why Wild fans don't want to deal him but his valuation in this thread is out of control. If the Oilers are offering RNH+9th overall, the Wild better add something significant to Dumba, RNH+9th for Dumba alone is insane overpayment and would never be offered in the real world although with Chia you never know.

Either way, there's no deal to be had here that will appease both fanbases so a friendly agree to disagree and we'll all move on.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
One guy is trending in a positive direction. One isn't.

One guy suits your argument, one does not. I can see why you wouldn’t like selling Coyle low, but you’re framing your argument around one year in Dumba’s case. ‘50 point defenceman!!!’ - okay, yeah, once. Doesn’t mean you can disregard the rest of his body of work and ask for ridiculousness like RNH and 9th overall.

We were right where you with Dumba regarding Klefbom this time last year. Phenomenal year. Looked primed to break out. Didn’t end up going that way.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Context matters whether you choose to believe it or not. He had a career high in goals with 24 and missed 18 games, had those 48 points and missed 18 games so not just a "50 point" center if we're taking this season into account. You say Dumba is a 50 point Dman but he only had 50 points in one season, had a career high of 34 points this season.

It's great that he had a breakout season and I understand why Wild fans don't want to deal him but his valuation in this thread is out of control. If the Oilers are offering RNH+9th overall, the Wild better add something significant to Dumba, RNH+9th for Dumba alone is insane overpayment and would never be offered in the real world although with Chia you never know.

Either way, there's no deal to be had here that will appease both fanbases so a friendly agree to disagree and we'll all move on.
What's the context of what RNH had to do to get those 24 goals and 48 points? Because a 50 point winger has even less value than a 50 point defenseman.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
One guy suits your argument, one does not. I can see why you wouldn’t like selling Coyle low, but you’re framing your argument around one year in Dumba’s case. ‘50 point defenceman!!!’ - okay, yeah, once. Doesn’t mean you can disregard the rest of his body of work and ask for ridiculousness like RNH and 9th overall.

We were right where you with Dumba regarding Klefbom this time last year. Phenomenal year. Looked primed to break out. Didn’t end up going that way.
Go ahead and look at the rest of Dumba's career and tell me what the trends show? Coyle has never been involved in my discussion. Bringing Klefbom into this discussion makes even less sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00