Proposal: RNH + EDM 2018 1st(+?) for Dumba and Zucker

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
LMFAO, in what kind of world does Dumba = McDavid for a trade?
That's by far one of the most silliest comments I've seen on here. Holy cow.
Good, because it was sarcasm to show how little we want to trade Dumba... but reading the rest of the thread would have made that clear to you, but you just skimmed to find a comment you thought you could gripe about instead. Good job.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Good, because it was sarcasm to show how little we want to trade Dumba... but reading the rest of the thread would have made that clear to you, but you just skimmed to find a comment you thought you could gripe about instead. Good job.

Very 'easy' to detect sarcasm in these tradeboard forums, when I've witnessed my fair share of ridiculousness comments.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Yeah, don't trade him.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If Wild decide to rebuild, they get a center whose still youngish, a decade younger than current 1C Koivu and a really high pick.

Edmonton get the RHD they need and someone to play with McDavid. Zucker whose an RFA,could probably pot 40 with McD.

Thoughts? Is the value off? What would Edmonton have to add?

problems from the Oiler perspective (might just be me)

Both are RFAs and my guess is both will be looking for big raises

my guess both will be looking at 5 to 6 a year--nuge make 6 so lets say that is half of the contracts they are adding.

McDavids new contract starts next year

My question is
Dumba is 23 and Zucker is 26 that is almost the perfect age you want two players to be at

but the two players are two players I could see the Oilers be interested in but my inner voice tells me the wild would want more

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
There's your answer, then. You wouldn't trade him for a 9th OA.

So if the canucks or oilers win the lottery, Dahlin for Dumba? That's what it would take to trade for Dumba, obviously like McDavid. Not like guys like Boeser, Petersson, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, 9th OA would be enough to fetch Dumba, lmaooooo.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
inevitably these threads always end up being...."my guy is worth more, no my guy is worth more"....:laugh:

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
So if the canucks or oilers win the lottery, Dahlin for Dumba? That's what it would take to trade for Dumba, obviously like McDavid. Not like guys like Boeser, Petersson, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, 9th OA would be enough to fetch Dumba, lmaooooo.

Yeah, okay.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, Cory Schneider in 2013 got traded for a 9th OA. Can we say Schneider's value is equal to Dumba's? That might be a good measuring stick.
Wasn't Schneider really good, but was only sent away because of the Luongo mess? I tend to think he was undervalued in that trade. Goalies are a separate thing. Hard to value them.

Anyways, Dumba was a #7oa, and has developed into the player(at 23yo) that he was projected to be, unlike many #7oa's. I would say that he is worth more than a 7th, because of the inherent risk of draft busts(i.e.Yak, Strome, Reinhart) and draft "mehs" that crop up frequently.
He's basically a plug and play at this point, w/o risk. Next to zero injury concerns.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Moving Dumba does not have the desired change we need, we need to ADD to what Dumba and Granlund bring to the team, trading them away is just spinning our tires, we can do that without trading Dumba or Granlund in the first place.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Moving Dumba does not have the desired change we need, we need to ADD to what Dumba and Granlund bring to the team, trading then away is just spinning or tires, we can do that without tagging Dumba or Granlund in the first place.

Issa joke or in your case 'sarcasm.' :nod:

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Wasn't Schneider really good, but was only sent away because of the Luongo mess? I tend to think he was undervalued in that trade. Goalies are a separate thing. Hard to value them.

Anyways, Dumba was a #7oa, and has developed into the player(at 23yo) that he was projected to be, unlike many #7oa's. I would say that he is worth more than a 7th, because of the inherent risk of draft busts(i.e.Yak, Strome, Reinhart) and draft "mehs" that crop up frequently.
He's basically a plug and play at this point, w/o risk. Next to zero injury concerns.

I think so, too. With Suter aging, I think Dumba is surely needed in Minnesota. If the Wild are retooling or rebuilding, he's the guy to have. I was just providing a measuring stick that can accurately tell whether you'd trade the defenseman for 9th OA. Clearly, 9th OA is not enough for him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
LMFAO, in what kind of world does Dumba = McDavid for a trade?
That's by far one of the most silliest comments I've seen on here. Holy cow.
Way to ignore all the other posts, including by that poster, where he admits that he is being sarcastic. Literally no one but the feeble minded thinks that Dumba is worth McDavid, or that such a thing was ever seriously proposed on this thread. Do we have to put a disclaimer on every thread involving EDM that we acknowledge the superiority of McDavid to every human on the planet, with the possible exception of the Dalai Lama?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
inevitably these threads always end up being...."my guy is worth more, no my guy is worth more"....:laugh:
No, this thread is "I don't really care what you think your guy is worth in the first place, because we have no desire to even entertain the trade idea at all to begin with" vs "I get you don't want to, nor should you trade your player, but you still need to add value"

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You can keep calling Nino, Coyle, and Zucker spare pieces all you want but that doesn’t make it true. You’ve gone out of your way multiple times to say that, and it’s getting tiring.

I would say most Wild fans are pretty reasonable with the value of their players. We know Dumba + whatever isn’t going to get us Draisitli but it’s the only thing that makes senses if we are trading with EDM. There are other teams out there that could beat any realistic offer the Oilers could make but even then I don’t see it happening.

We have waited patiently for years with Dumba and now that he is finally tapping into his offensive potential (something we desperately need) it doesn’t do us any good to trade him away for futures or lesser players. We need more players like him, not less. Now, a deal for Brodin would be much easier for EDM to get.
We’ve tried saying this across what feels like a million threads. But then someone goes and puts golden boy RNH or something we don’t need in a proposal and then posters get all enraged when Wild fans want nothing to do with those pieces when talking about Dumba.
Okay. Would you trade Dumba for Schneider?
Dumba? No. But 9th overall? Ehh I wouldn’t be mad and I think both Vancouver and New Jersey were happy with how that deal turned out.
problems from the Oiler perspective (might just be me)

Both are RFAs and my guess is both will be looking for big raises

my guess both will be looking at 5 to 6 a year--nuge make 6 so lets say that is half of the contracts they are adding.

McDavids new contract starts next year

My question is
Dumba is 23 and Zucker is 26 that is almost the perfect age you want two players to be at

but the two players are two players I could see the Oilers be interested in but my inner voice tells me the wild would want more
I’m hoping:
Zucker ~ $5m/yr
Dumba ~ $5.25m/yr.
I’m not even sure what you are trying to say.

Reactions: IceBoxHockey

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Way to ignore all the other posts, including by that poster, where he admits that he is being sarcastic. Literally no one but the feeble minded thinks that Dumba is worth McDavid, or that such a thing was ever seriously proposed on this thread. Do we have to put a disclaimer on every thread involving EDM that we acknowledge the superiority of McDavid to every human on the planet, with the possible exception of the Dalai Lama?

Scroll up, bud

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think so, too. With Suter aging, I think Dumba is surely needed in Minnesota. If the Wild are retooling or rebuilding, he's the guy to have. I was just providing a measuring stick that can accurately tell whether you'd trade the defenseman for 9th OA. Clearly, 9th OA is not enough for him.
I don't think any team would value him at any less than a #7oa, with the trajectory he's on. Maybe some team with way too many RHD's, but in that case you would just trade for a LHD. For me, personally, I think the Wild should trade him if they can get the #3oa(Zadina), then look to trade a forward for another, more pedestrian, RHD. No team is going to trade Dahlin for Dumba, probably not Svechnikov, but Zadina is a maybe- I think? I'm not a GM, I don't know. Zadina looks like he is going to be really good, but not a franchise guy. I'm not a Tkachuk fan...could be mistaken about him. The other D such as Hughes, Bouchard, etc available from 4-9oa could well end up better than Dumba, but there is always the risk that they won't, AND D usually take time to develop.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yes, I know that, but that's not the crux of the question.
I wouldn’t trade Dumba for anything short of a top 5 pick and even then there’s too much risk involved for a bust. Dumba is 23 and has put up first pairing offensive numbers for at least two years now. The offer to get him would have to knock my socks off.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I don't think any team would value him at any less than a #7oa, with the trajectory he's on. Maybe some team with way too many RHD's, but in that case you would just trade for a LHD. For me, personally, I think the Wild should trade him if they can get the #3oa(Zadina), then look to trade a forward for another, more pedestrian, RHD. No team is going to trade Dahlin for Dumba, probably not Svechnikov, but Zadina is a maybe- I think? I'm not a GM, I don't know. Zadina looks like he is going to be really good, but not a franchise guy. I'm not a Tkachuk fan...could be mistaken about him. The other D such as Hughes, Bouchard, etc available from 4-9oa could well end up better than Dumba, but there is always the risk that they won't, AND D usually take time to develop.

He has low discipline, so I wouldn't get him. Dahlin for Dumba is preposterous, yes, you're correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->