Blue Jays Discussion: RIP Roy Halladay (1977-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The guy was pure.
Class
Heart
Dedication
Great teammate
/sad

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
What a loss, he was a heart and soul of this team. What a sad day for the baseball world, deep condolences to his family and lived ones

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Just f***ing awful news. He was incredible watch and incredible for this city. He will be missed

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
For anyone who wants one. The new boards automatically shrink files down to the appropriate size for the boards (I think it's like 98x98px)

View attachment 82649 View attachment 82651 View attachment 82653

#1 and #2 are static images. #3 flips between the images from the first two.

I want to make one that fades between, but I have to suss out how to work within the new boards' file size limit. And it's entirely possible that these might have issues as well because I don't know if my own profile has a different limit than regular users or sponsors or other grades of moderator or whatnot.
Thanks for these Nemisis. It’ll be my avatar for a very long time to co me

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I still cant believe this is real. Its really starting to set it in.

I remember the first Jays game I ever went to was when my mom dragged me out to watch Halladay pitch when I was kid. What a privilege it was to see him pitch all those years with a Jays uniform on.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Not to say it should make a difference, but I think the voters are going to want to get Roy into the HoF when he’s first eligible.

Also, I think the Jays should do something really significant to honour him. I want a statue near one of the main gates.

PPS, I will never forget that 10 inning shutout against the Tigers. That 2003 season was spectacular. Jays legend, best pitcher we’ll probably ever witness playing for the team.
I was there that day, since my dad got us tockets from his boss. Bobbly Kielty hit a walkoff double off the wall to win it. It was a truly magical day and performance from Doc. The best pitching performance I've ever seen live.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
No matter how bad some of those Jays teams were you knew that every fifth day when Doc took that mound you had a great chance to win that game.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
He was the best pitcher in baseball in his era. The best pitcher between Clemens and Kershaw. One of the most respected. One of the most efficient.

His HOF ceremony in 2019 will be epic. RIP Doc

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I honestly still am not sure what to say or think about today’s events. The moment I heard that a plane belonging to him had crashed, my heart sank. Despite not knowing him personally, what he meant to the city and the fans is immeasurable, and through that, we all knew him as Doc. Not only was he the greatest pitcher to ever wear a Blue Jays uniform (and likely could forever be the best pitcher in this franchises history), he was also an even better human and Father off the field.

Following him on twitter and seeing just how proud he was to be in the air in his new plane is tragic beyond words now given today’s tragedy.

Not only did a lot of us grow up wishing we were Doc Halladay, many of today’s pitchers grew up wishing the same. For that, he will forever be remembered. It really is sad that he will not be able to give his speech upon his Hall of Fame induction.

RIP Doc

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I feel at times like I took him for granted as a Jays pitcher. In those middle years where there was no real thought to trading him and he was totally entrenched as the Jays' ace, I almost was just sort of blase about the fact that he was taking the ball every 5th day. Like his dominance was completely normal. It's a little sad now thinking back that I maybe didn't have the reverence I should've all the time while he was in a Jays uniform.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I managed to find this on Youtube and thought it was worth sharing:

July 2, 2011. Doc's return to Toronto with the Phillies. And I believe his last game pitched in Toronto

Guess who went out and pitched the whole 9 innings? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad