Prospect Info: Rinat Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Needs to evaluate what they got in return for Pleky...were already burning the season away so why not just let them play and see if they have more potential than 4th line or 3rd pairing D.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After the 3PM deadline yesterday, teams are allowed up to 4 call ups the rest of the season.

The Scherbak call up was done before 3PM, so it doesn't count.

My guess is the 4 call ups will be:
1. Valiev
2. Rychel
3. McCarron
4. Lernout

I wouldn't be surprised if they give Audette a shot instead of Lernout.

Valiev, Rychel, and McCarron are all RFAs at the end of this season. So Habs will surely want to give them a look in the NHL to see what they have with these guys.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The biggest issue for the call-ups is with the team returning to health and not moving out any wingers, the forward ranks are crowded. Hard to see where McCarron and Rychel get ice time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
After the 3PM deadline yesterday, teams are allowed up to 4 call ups the rest of the season.

1. Valiev
2. Rychel
3. McCarron
4. Lernout

Valiev, Rychel, and McCarron are all RFAs at the end of this season. So Habs will surely want to give them a look in the NHL to see what they have with these guys.

would be shocked if they called up Audette, a bit surprised if they called up Lernout. McCarron is heating up with 5 pts in the last 3 games so I assume they call him up since that's what they do, call someone up just as they are starting to show some offense instead of letting them continue to build confidence.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Leaf fans are just raggin on him to feel better about the trade
Are we?

I've only said good things about him.

You got a pretty good young player that should play in the league as a depth guy. He wasn't going to make it on Toronto so I am really glad we will have a chance elsewhere.

I've met Valiev a few times walking around downtown and he's such a nice guy.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
What kind of injuries are we talking here specifically?

I mean this kid can play, he's already better than benn alzner schlemko here

Knee injuries, mostly.

In the last 2 years, he's had 3 knee injuries.

One stint on the IR last 2 months.

He seems fine this year though.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

1. Valiev
2. Rychel
3. McCarron
4. Lernout

Same 4 players I see being recall but I think Lindgren is already using one spot.

Last edited:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
would be shocked if they called up Audette, a bit surprised if they called up Lernout. McCarron is heating up with 5 pts in the last 3 games so I assume they call him up since that's what they do, call someone up just as they are starting to show some offense instead of letting them continue to build confidence.

Well, there are so many bodies up front, I don't see McCarron being recall for now.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Why would you buyout Petry, he is trade able.
How bad someone has to be at judging talent to hope that petry is bought out. He has been brilliant more often then not this year, and had he been available would have fetched a know NGOs ransom... yea but montreal fans want him bought out.lol

Reactions: Legend123

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
How bad someone has to be at judging talent to hope that petry is bought out. He has been brilliant more often then not this year, and had he been available would have fetched a know NGOs ransom... yea but montreal fans want him bought out.lol
He's been AMAZING!! Single handedly destroying our tank. If he gets bought out, Weber better be as well. Petty has been muuuuuuuch better than Weber

Reactions: tazsub3

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Ahh i see, so longest stint 2 months , thats about right for knee sprains, as long as he hasnt torn anything here's still hope lol

He's not as explosive as he was when he broke out of that 2015 camp but he is still pretty mobile.

Best of luck to Rinat. I really hope he plays for you guys for a long time.

Also, random fact. Rinat is Tatar, just like Nail Yakupov. Meaning he's a Muslim Russian. Which isn't that common in the NHL.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Same 4 players I see being recall but I think Lindgren is already using one spot.

I'm not 100% sure if Lindgren counts. I know they did a paper transaction yesterday with him, but he was back on Emergency Loan. That probably circumvents the rule and it doesn't count as 1 of the 4.

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino