Prospect Info: Rinat Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Played his first game with the Habs. I thought he looked decent. Good skater, good size, and can make the first pass. One of the better defenseman for a miserable habs D group last night.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Played his first game with the Habs. I thought he looked decent. Good skater, good size, and can make the first pass. One of the better defenseman for a miserable habs D group last night.

I only caught bits and pieces of the game yesterday. But he didn't look to be that good of skater to me. Not that fast and wasn't that smooth on some turns and pivots. I need to see more of him though.

It's nice that we'll see a lot of Valiev and Reilly.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I gave you one, why would I need to give you more?
You gave us an example of things that happen in the NHL, not a trend like the GM gives away talent galore for nothing.....and when I say talent, we are talking Davidson LOL

Locks

May 28, 2005

Yes, had a solid overall game. I particularly liked his defensive reads and his first pass. Also, he was quite poised with the puck in the o-zone. Skating is not on Reilly's level but decent enough.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Condon was for a 5th and Dubnyk was signed as a free agent by Arizona after the end of the season. Off the top of my head only took a few days to report to....lol
I just saw your post. If he had signed Dubnyk he could have traded him for at least a 3rd.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I just saw your post. If he had signed Dubnyk he could have traded him for at least a 3rd.
Only team interested in signing him and his .850 save percentage was last place Arizona.......but really, every team screwed up, they could've signed this player for free and traded him for a pick.....thing is, these things happen all the time, just not continuously to the same GM, or yes, there would be a problem.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
he is another Jerabek....he will be gone next season

stop over hyping these useless plugs,

he was never even given a chance on the leafs team and they have horrible D to begin with,

you think they would trade him away if he was useful? :rolleyes:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Hindsight evaluation. Dubnyk was not trending well. Coyotes signed him to a one way deal worth $800k. How the hell could we trade him for a 3rd if he was our back-up behind Price when the Coyotes were offering him a better chance to play games? Dubnyk is a terrible example as mismanagement.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
he is another Jerabek....he will be gone next season

stop over hyping these useless plugs,

he was never even given a chance on the leafs team and they have horrible D to begin with,

you think they would trade him away if he was useful? :rolleyes:

The Leafs have about 8 different #4-6 D-Man prospects in the pipe so Valiev became the odd man out. Will he become a #1 D-Man? Extremely unlikely (to near impossible) but for what he is, a 2 way D-Man with a slight emphasis towards defense, Valiev has a good chance to at least be a #6 D-Man in this league for years to come.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
The Leafs have about 8 different #4-6 D-Man prospects in the pipe so Valiev became the odd man out. Will he become a #1 D-Man? Extremely unlikely (to near impossible) but for what he is, a 2 way D-Man with a slight emphasis towards defense, Valiev has a good chance to at least be a #6 D-Man in this league for years to come.

A D-Man who couldn't even crack toronto's starting lineup could be in our top 4!! :laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad