GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Yeah, why would you want to try to build a players confidence up?

You want to fire Tocc lol. What the hell.
Its so bad with how terrible petey has been that the coach has to say he scored in practice to boost his confidence

Embarrassing

Reactions: Zanon

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Maybe that was worded in a confusing way, the Preds have to feel confident they'll get a Game 7. In fact, the market feels the same way, the Preds are favoured on the money line heading into Game 6.
A friend of mine used make an overall profit on trips to Las Vegas (this is in the 80s and 90s). He would look for games where the Americans would over bet on US teams when playing Canadian teams. He said it was easy to pick games where the money odds were clearly distorted. He was happy to bet $2K on a game with distorted odds. That having been said, I just looked at some betting sites, and those days would be long gone. So, never mind.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I posted this before game 4..maybe it’ll work again.

1714709434841.gif

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Even if we lose the series, I still won't be that upset. This team has showed some unprecedented character, resilience, and potential that we have not seen since the prime days of the Swedish twins. The playoff series so far has given us way more than I thought we'd get - not only was it experience for our young players, we get to see Silov's bright future, as well who could stand the pressure cooker of playoffs.

I'm confident that we'll continue to be a playoff team with reasonable chance to push far. Moleman and Mr. Clean both showed that they are a capable management duo.

Whatever happens, happens. We'll still bleed blue in our blood.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Every contending team in the NHL has suffered a crushing playoff loss or two, before they finally break through. It just seems that playoff disappointments are almost a 'right of passage'.

Not saying it will happen to Vancouver....but it could.....and the lessons learned are still valuable moving forward.

Look at the Leafs. They've won only one first round playoff series in the past eight seasons. And they're still not by the Bruins yet.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Every contending team in the NHL has suffered a crushing playoff loss or two, before they finally break through. It just seems that playoff disappointments are almost a 'right of passage'.

Not saying it will happen to Vancouver....but it could.....and the lessons learned are still valuable moving forward.

Look at the Leafs. They've won only one first round playoff series in the past eight seasons. And they're still not by the Bruins yet.

Reminds me of crisitunity in Simpsons:

Side note, Lisa is not COMPLETELY wrong: crisis/危机 and opportunity/契机 does share one identical second character, so while it's just a joke, there's a bit of truth to this hilarious exchange.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Tocchet seems like a fantastic, top tier player's coach and motivator, but in terms of adjusting strategies and/or tactics, his staff is coming up short.

Like some of you, I'm really frustrated and disheartened by the lack of line-up adjustments. Just try something, anything, to rebalance things a bit.
sounding like wille dejardins. late adjustments before its too late.

Im tired, Im gonna have a nap
maybe catch the first iff not ima take a nap and by 2nd period is over the result hopefully would be in vancouvers favor.

• Love
Reactions: M2Beezy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
sounding like wille dejardins. late adjustments before its too late.
So far Tocchet hasn't really made a single lineup change, other than in goal which was basically forced on him.

Of course there's not a lot of guys sitting in the press-box who can be inserted into the lineup. But a serious shake-up the lines is certainly 'doable'.

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
So far Tocchet hasn't really made a single lineup change, other than in goal which was basically forced on him.

Of course there's not a lot of guys sitting in the press-box who can be inserted into the lineup. But a serious shake-up the lines is certainly 'doable'.
well pods was sent to abby before game 5. too late now. they only have friedman/juulssen. i rather scrtach hronek has been horrible tthe past 5 games. -3 zeros across his name.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
I wonder if some of the posters on this board have ever faced adversity. No one likes losing, but losing your shit because of a tough playoff series?

EP40 won plaudits at every level of hockey and absolutely rocked when he came into the NHL. His confidence looks a bit shattered. But he played well in game 5. So some losers on here are suggesting that we should trade him, that he is slacking off because he got his payday. Geezus. I just hope he finds his groove again and have absolute faith that he is doing everything he can to help the team.

As far as Tocchet goes...he is a prime candidate for the Jack Adams award.

I am frustrated that he has decided not to put Bluey back with Garland and Joshua. People say he isn't juggling lines. Bullshit. I have seen him try double shifting EP40 with different lines and have seen him put the lotto together several times.

I am also frustrated with Boesser on the PP entry, but he has been burying the puck on the PP better than anyone else. What are you going to do?

And this is the playoffs. The other team is playing with absolute desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad